Home General Discussion

So Alex the suspense is killing us.....

Comments

• Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    I've been wanting to try the new Ave Maria. Show us the deal!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I understand what stick you're speaking of. Would this be special "forum only" pricing of them or something along those lines?
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Alex Svenson:
    It is a work in progress. I want to pick something high end people may not buy for themselves on something we usually never discount or have on sale. How do you guys feel about Ave Maria Reconquista? $20 stick everyday. Sort of the armada of Ave Maria.
    I'm always happy to try something new. I'll, more than likely, take a whack at it.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    The Ave Maria is a great smoke. I can only imagine the Reconquista will be also amazing! I too am a maduro whore and have been eye balling the Reconquista! If there is a deal to be made on the Reconquista...lord have mercy on my wallet!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    No offense Alex, but you are chief cigar merchant..... If you told me to "Age" a Backwoods cigar for a year and then smoke it and it will be the best cigar you've ever had.... I'd have a coolerdor full of Backwoods and a Calendar.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    skweekz:
    I understand what stick you're speaking of. Would this be special "forum only" pricing of them or something along those lines?
    good question!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Lasabar:
    No offense Alex, but you are chief cigar merchant..... If you told me to "Age" a Backwoods cigar for a year and then smoke it and it will be the best cigar you've ever had.... I'd have a coolerdor full of Backwoods and a Calendar.
    LOL
  • grannejagranneja Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 382
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    Alex, you can count me as in for whatever nutty deal you come up with.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Not sure which way to go with that choice. Have not had one or read any reviews on them. But, what I do know is this. Your the Boss, how about a deal on the Camacho P.E., My Father Limited Edition or Arturo Fuente Opus X Lost City? Yes I said it, I'm not scared to ask. If you don't ask, then the possibility will not have a chance. These are cigars that are pricey but, with a deal. Some of us can try them.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I'd love to see a P.E. or a deal on something LP. My Uzi weighs a ton comes to mind.....just sayin lolwhatever deal it is we shall be greatful Alex!
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Sorry guys, still thinkin gon this. That high end reconquista wont work because I just simply dont have enough. One reason is because it is in next months COMC (hint hint). Ill keep working on some ideas.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Alex Svenson:
    Sorry guys, still thinkin gon this. That high end reconquista wont work because I just simply dont have enough. One reason is because it is in next months COMC (hint hint). Ill keep working on some ideas.
    Signed up for a double COMC. You guys own my soul now...

Marker.
  • GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    Alex Svenson:

There's no way I'm canceling now!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I've been looking to get another box of the lost city so I would be happy with a discount on them. Also looking to get 2 - 3 boxes of GoF. I want one each of the new Serie B when they come out and the new DC size when it comes out too.
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    no update yet? come on Alex we are all waiting for the surprise you have for us
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Havent been on the forum for a week or two, will this deal be announced on the forum, email list, or other?
  • Gurkha Man!Gurkha Man! Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    How do we get on this list?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Alex, you finally got me to sign up for COTM.

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Me, too, Dadgummit!! Now I gotta figure a way to placate my child bride......
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    rwheelwright:
    I've been looking to get another box of the lost city so I would be happy with a discount on them. Also looking to get 2 - 3 boxes of GoF. I want one each of the new Serie B when they come out and the new DC size when it comes out too.
    Unfortunately, I would be shocked to see these items discounted, since Fuente is one of those manufacturers who have restrictions of pricing by retailers. I think the way that CCom has been able to sell them in Daily Deals before is that they pair them with something that they ARE allowed to discount significantly, like the stuff that is made specially for them, or the brands they own, etc, so the total price of the combination of the GOF stuff, and the things CCom can discount ends up being a great deal.

That said, if CCom runs a buy one get one free deal on Lost City, or God of Fire, or Anejos, or Opus... Count me in. For two. Or three.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Wow, I've been away from the forum for a couple days and I see I have been missing out on quite a bit. I can't wait to see what this deal is going to be.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    docbp87:
    rwheelwright:
    Unfortunately, I would be shocked to see these items discounted, since Fuente is one of those manufacturers who have restrictions of pricing by retailers. I think the way that CCom has been able to sell them in Daily Deals before is that they pair them with something that they ARE allowed to discount significantly, like the stuff that is made specially for them, or the brands they own, etc, so the total price of the combination of the GOF stuff, and the things CCom can discount ends up being a great deal.

That said, if CCom runs a buy one get one free deal on Lost City, or God of Fire, or Anejos, or Opus... Count me in. For two. Or three.
    Doc, you're a junkie.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    chemforever:
    Havent been on the forum for a week or two, will this deal be announced on the forum, email list, or other?
    Yes. ;)
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I didn't miss anything on this front, right?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Nope no new updates yet. I'm sure Alex will make it well worth the wait
  • MarmicoMarmico Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 93
    I have no money and no room... and I'm still waiting for it to arrive!!! I can't wait to see this deal!
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    Hopefully Im wrong, but this may turn out like the "forum only" sampler that was promised over 2 months ago that never happened either........... http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/307566.aspx
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Patience is a virtue
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Lakota72:
    Patience is a virtue
    A Man O' War is also.