Home General Discussion

Daily Cigar Deal Suggestions Box

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I like the Brand Sampler idea...

I also would like to see a discount on Boxes as well...

Most of the BORK's I see here find a good cigar and then buy a box... If you had more boxes that'd be great (Not ideal to have the 4 - 5 Packs cuz I personally like the actual box, but I'm not too picky...

Also, the brands and deals you have I'm sure are hard to pick, I'd bet you just try to either move old stock, abundance stock or the like... I'd like to see a % off of a certain category (Either 15% off all Fuentes', or NUBS... OR a % off of certain types like ALL samplers or All Boxes or ALL Robustos etc...)

You can be specific about how many sticks or about the style of cigars but I'd like the idea of a choice to pick to use the discount on something I like!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Lasabar:

Most of the BORK's I see here find a good cigar and then buy a box... If you had more boxes that'd be great (Not ideal to have the 4 - 5 Packs cuz I personally like the actual box, but I'm not too picky...

Also, the brands and deals you have I'm sure are hard to pick, I'd bet you just try to either move old stock, abundance stock or the like... I'd like to see a % off of a certain category (Either 15% off all Fuentes', or NUBS... OR a % off of certain types like ALL samplers or All Boxes or ALL Robustos etc...)

You can be specific about how many sticks or about the style of cigars but I'd like the idea of a choice to pick to use the discount on something I like!
    Also, I cannot stop myself from buying Cigar Stuff.... Lighters, Cutters, ashtrays etc.... If you could get merchandise with certain purchases (Or at least a discount on merchandise with purchase) that'd also be sweet!
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:

Also, I cannot stop myself from buying Cigar Stuff.... Lighters, Cutters, ashtrays etc.... If you could get merchandise with certain purchases (Or at least a discount on merchandise with purchase) that'd also be sweet!
    Any time there is a lighter in the deal I am sunk. if i could I would buy a box of bugadis.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    kuzi16:
    see THIS thread for matchups.....
    Excellent idea.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Goldy:
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:

Any time there is a lighter in the deal I am sunk. if i could I would buy a box of bugadis.
    You know, I am a sucker for brand merchandise. I would probably jump on a deal with some Tatuaje-emblazoned stuff, whether that be a hat, shirt, lighter, cutter, etc.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Alex Svenson:
    Russ55:
    Yeah, if you could pair the price protected brands with the non price protected brands then that'd be great. The key, for me at least, will be not pairing them with turds. I'm not buying 5 camacho triple maduros, for instance, with 5 crappy cigars just to get the camachos at a good price. Put them with some JDNs though, and you've got my money. I don't want to feel like you're trying to pawn something off on me that won't sell. I'm not saying you guys would, or have done that, but I've seen it on many, many other sites, and I don't bite then either.
    Russ, not to worry. I can mix any brands I want, I just can't sell all one line or all one company. I will get some nice combos planned for you guys on some great lines. There won't be anything that will feel pawned off. I will have some fun with it! Keep em comin guys.
    Awesome. I'm genuinely excited to see what comes of this.

Some of the cigars I've been buying of late, and would love to see are the Avo/Davidoff lines, Fuente/Ashton, and LFD. I know those are real strict with pricing, so I'm not hoping for anything outrageous or unrealistic. I don't want to see you guys endanger you're relationships with them just to pass us a deal.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    I would like to see more legacy lines as well as newer boutique lines:

Montecristo

Romeo y Julieta

Ashton

Perdomo

mixed with some:

Sol Cubano

Illisione

Ave Maria

Alec Bradley

Maybe throw in an exotic just every once in a while (Verdadero Organic, Drew Estate/Tabak Especial)

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    I would like to see unique deals...like Tatuaje reserve J21....amazing cigars
    GoF
    Fuente
    fuente samplers, etc..
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    Alex Svenson:
    Hi Guys,

Help us improve our site!! Please let me what brands and types of deals you would like to see more of. Make suggestions and be as specific or general as you want. All feedback is greatly appreciated.
    I think its great that you guys listen to feedback. It wasnt but a few hours ago that there was a discussion about the daily deals and you guys are already on top of it. You guys are awesome!
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Alex, is there any way we could see free shipping on DD's every once and a while, even if you just buy 1? This may be my frugal side coming out, but sometimes I see DD's and think, "wow, a 5ver for 17.95 is a good deal, but not for 22.95 once you add the shipping"...Sometimes I dont necessarily want 10 sticks for 35.90 just to get the free shipping...
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I would like to see some La Aurora 107's, Fuente Sun Grown, La Flor Dominicana, and I know thus one is a long shot, but Padron brown label maduros.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    MTuccelli:
    fla-gypsy:
    I am a bargain shopper Alex, no budget for high dollar stuff.
    +1 you actually said it better then I did.
    Guess that's 3 of us, high-end cigars are a rarity for me, most of mine come from the COTM, and I DO appreciate them.

Speaking of which, I've never seen a DD on the Gran Habano Cabinet Selection.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    ThinBluLine06:
    Alex, is there any way we could see free shipping on DD's every once and a while, even if you just buy 1? This may be my frugal side coming out, but sometimes I see DD's and think, "wow, a 5ver for 17.95 is a good deal, but not for 22.95 once you add the shipping"...Sometimes I dont necessarily want 10 sticks for 35.90 just to get the free shipping...
    Me too. Just last night I bought the Leon Jimenes DD because it was a 5 pack with free shipping. I've never had one of these and I have no idea if I'll like them or not. A 5 pack is pretty low risk, if it was buy 2 for free shipping I wouldn't have gone for it, I don't want 10 of something I've never tried.

I'd like to see more Don Pepin Garcia stuff on sale.

Thanks Alex, it's so great how much you try to accomodate the dreams of this forum.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Alex Svenson:
    Hi Guys,

Help us improve our site!! Please let me what brands and types of deals you would like to see more of. Make suggestions and be as specific or general as you want. All feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for this alex, here are some brands I would like to see added to the DDs:

1. Padron
    2. Alec Bradley (Tempus or Family Blend)
    3.Oliva V or V maduros (i know the maduros are probably a stretch there)
    4. Ashton
    5. Monticristo
    6. Casa Magna
    7. Cohiba
    8. Davidoff
    9. LFD Double Ligero
    10. Punch

one more note...few years ago Ccom did a weekend blitz on Padilla Miami. 20 cigars, diff sizes robo, toro, churchill, torp...for $49 i think. I would love to see a return of that one too! I still have a few from the last time the deal ran, they are aging nicely!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Krieg:
    8. Davidoff
    those guys are VERY price controlled.
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    8. Davidoff
    those guys are VERY price controlled.
    Yeah, I figured that...but that doesn't stop me from wanting to see some deals on them! lol
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Love the Ccom service - thread goes up asking for more DD's and we get the head honcho asking for suggestions! Love it!! So here's my "Want to buy" list:

- RP Connecticut
    - Joyo de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
    - MOW Virtue - churchill
    - MOW Puro
    - Oliva - all of them; O, V, Conn. Reserve, etc
    - Padron (4000 Maduro please!!)
    - AVO
    - Perdomo 10th Anniv. Champagne
    - RP 1999
    - La Glorida Cubana Series N
    - 5 Vegas
    - Some mixers; maybe maduro's of a certain flavor profile, maybe some connies that go well with morning coffee, maybe some hidden gem mediums that aren't widely known, etc
    - Oh, and please keep the big rings coming - love me some 54+ gauges

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Oliva V were on the daily deal just a little while ago, 5 for $25 shipped.
  • Scrowe80Scrowe80 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    I like this idea were you get 1 of everything the maker makes but I would rather 2 of everyone so I could enjoy the sampler with a friend without having to buy 2 of them.
    bigharpoon:
    Oliva V were on the daily deal just a little while ago, 5 for $25 shipped.
    damn...missed that one
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Wrapper samplers I'm a sucker for as well as merchandise. I think a new release sampler would be great as well on a dd. It'd be a great way to try new stuff without going 5 or more deep on them to find it's not their cup of tea. Maybe a dd to be a guest for a Nicaragua trip? Lol
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    kuzi16:
    brand samplers.
    for example:
    one of everything camacho makes, all in the same size.

+1
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    I like the idea of brand samplers that has been proposed.

I tend to be a mixed value/premium purchaser. One thing I think would be great is to put together a Profile Sampler. Use the Alex-ometer and the palates of your staff to put together a 5-er of cigars with similar flavor profiles. Maybe 2 Premium and 3 Value smokes that have similar flavor profiles.
  • gio164gio164 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 180
    Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial, AWESOME cigar.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    gran habano brand sampler would be great! as well as el cobre if yall could start carrying them. and A. Turrent triple play? myabe a deal with the a turrent 3x and camocho 3x all in one! thatd be awesome!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    doromath:
    I like the idea of brand samplers that has been proposed.

I tend to be a mixed value/premium purchaser. One thing I think would be great is to put together a Profile Sampler. Use the Alex-ometer and the palates of your staff to put together a 5-er of cigars with similar flavor profiles. Maybe 2 Premium and 3 Value smokes that have similar flavor profiles.
    +1
    I really like the COTM collections. It allow me to try cigars I would not normally try. And the collection is usually themed or company specific. Samplers like those would interest me. I like variety. And I don't mind trying the lower end sticks. You gotta try them.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I always liked the $10 deals. these were key for me when I started this hobby. I would also like to see the Alec Bradley sampler with the Brazilian MAXX on a DD again. I think the super cheap stuff from the warehouse should never be on special though, like Pirates Gold and stuff like that. I think some Padilla would be great to see on the DD. I would also like to see some pairings like the other guys.
    brands I would like to see by themselves are
    San Cristobal
    Tatuaje
    La Flor Dominicana
    Graycliff (not 1666)
    MOW
    La Aroma de Cuba
    Ambos Mundo
    La Riqueza
    and i think some of the best deals were always the 5Vegas deals.
    I second the thought of merchandise as well. I know the warehouse has it so is it possible to get 5V shirts like CI has. I haven't ever bought one because I would rather buy cigars with that money but if I was to buy one, I would want to get it from you and not CCom
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    I'd also like to throw out box deals as a suggestion.

Last summer you guys did a box of Oliva V robustos for $99. I was all over that.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Lasabar:
    I'm actually the opposite. It's cheaper for them to sell it without the box and I'd rather pay a little less for 4 5-packs. I don't have much use for a box once I've smoked the cigars, but I always have use for the money I save.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    j0z3r:
    EPC New Wave and/or Elencos. I'd bite on that one. Would also love to see you guys bring in some J Fuego stuff, such as the Origen, Sangre Del Toro, etc.
    +1