Home General Discussion

ADDRESS LIST "CLOSED"

RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
Does anyone Else have an Issue with this Mass List of Addresses being sent out to just every Tom ,***, and Harry that asks for it?
I dont mind Someone sending a PM to me that Has been around the forums for a while and is an establisahed member and on the good traders list and has made a few trades or Played the games But I for one am not comfortable with My address just flying all over the place without asking for my permission for a certain reason.
Am I the only one that has given this any thought?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive put thought to it. im not sure how to go about doing anything about it.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    If you have an issue with it, then I can take your address off the list if you'd like. I only created the list in the first place so that people like myself wouldn't have to fish around for information if they lost it or spoil the surprise if they wanted to send a bomb. Thought it would help, since most of the people here are established members.

I'm sorry if you find it unsettling, but I'll take your name off the list if you want.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I asked about this list on the trades/passes/bombs forum, as mine was recently added to it. Ken Light bombed me this weekend, so I'd like to start participating in them more often. I can understand someone not wanting that info passed around freely in cyberspace, however. And I realize I'm still pretty new and haven't participated in any trades.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I wonder if it should get sent out only to people on the good traders list? That way at least you know they are into cigars for real and probably not so prone to spam. It would reduce the probability anyway.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    i had the list sent to me by email. i didnt know there was access to one otherwise,
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    bigharpoon:
    I wonder if it should get sent out only to people on the good traders list? That way at least you know they are into cigars for real and probably not so prone to spam. It would reduce the probability anyway.
    +1
    zeebra:
    bigharpoon:
    +1
    As far as I can remember, I've only sent the address list to people I've seen in the Good Trader's thread.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    wwhwang:
    If you have an issue with it, then I can take your address off the list if you'd like. I only created the list in the first place so that people like myself wouldn't have to fish around for information if they lost it or spoil the surprise if they wanted to send a bomb. Thought it would help, since most of the people here are established members.

I'm sorry if you find it unsettling, but I'll take your name off the list if you want.

This wasnt meant to be that i want to be taken off the list its far to late for that or is it an Issue with you making the list we are all greatful for that.
    The Issue for me is the list being thrown around who knows where and once it leaves you or the forum proper, i am sure that the list could go anywhere to anyone for any reason.
    Like Kuzi said not much can be done anyway, i have just seen alot of post latley asking for peoples addresses and iI have'nt seen it done that way , its alwasy been in PM.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    From my limited perspective, the good traders list is pretty jumbled up and it's difficult to locate a specific individual on it - like if you're thinking of a trade with someone for the first time.

is there perhaps an easier way? Alphabetizing it, for example?

Marty

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    ALso this isnt All ABout you Wayne nor was it directed towards you this was an In general thing, EVERYONE who has that List could be sending it to whoever. and Before you ever appeared on this Forum I had 9HAVE) a Massive List that I personaly collected through PMs and From recieving Bombs etc. Alot of those memebers no longer participate or have moved and some addresses have changed.
    The Good Trader's list of names was alphabetized and updated by Gentleman, but I haven't seen him posting anywhere on the forum for a long while. Maybe the list should be updated by someone more active?
    the way i chose or choose,lol, from the list was to look at who has been doing what and has been active in the forums etc, the list did help and saw a couple that looked like they havent been around lately, was going to work my way around the list so maybe someone thats been around for awhile can put one together and distribute to the good traders etc, im new but think ive proved myself already and soon to be more,lol, the way the information highway is nowadays everybody that wants my info. probably has it already anyway,lol, no one needs to work about me and their info. though
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    wwhwang:
    zeebra:
    bigharpoon:
    +1
    As far as I can remember, I've only sent the address list to people I've seen in the Good Trader's thread.
    this actually makes me feel better.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    wwhwang:
    The Good Trader's list of names was alphabetized and updated by Gentleman, but I haven't seen him posting anywhere on the forum for a long while. Maybe the list should be updated by someone more active?
    The good traders list was started and has been maintained by myself for quite a while. Wayne started a new list when he came here and we eventually have merged them. Some older BOTL get names and info. from me, some of the newer guys get them from Wayne. They are always available... just ask for a PM and the info. usually will show up in your box. Simple, easy and keeps info. from being public domain, so there has been no cases of spamming or whatnot after giving your information..
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Does anyone Else have an Issue with this Mass List of Addresses being sent out to just every Tom ,***, and Harry that asks for it?
    I dont mind Someone sending a PM to me that Has been around the forums for a while and is an establisahed member and on the good traders list and has made a few trades or Played the games But I for one am not comfortable with My address just flying all over the place without asking for my permission for a certain reason.
    Am I the only one that has given this any thought?
    I don't want to get into it with anyone over this issue. Oz if you check you will see that the list predates Wayne's time here. It was started by me. It was expanded by Wayne when he came here and got more involved with the forums. We eventually merged them as some of the newer guys were using Waynes list under the assumption it was the only one out there.
    I have never sent anyone a copy of the list as I don't think that is what the intention of it was. It was to get some address info. on somone you wanted to bomb without them knowing it.
    I have seen where this list has been reprinted and sent out as a full list and I don't agree with it. I have never said anything because I find a lot if things I say around the forums causes certain people to want to argue about it. I thought it better if the list did NOT become involved with something like that. I have been expecting something like this to happen eventually. People just are not careful enough with peoples' private information. IMO
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    I personally get asked for peoples addresses all the time. I check them out, if they are on the good traders list and a legit member i give them a address if i got, if not, i tell them just to email the person asking for it. I had my own list started a while back which was from my own trades and passes and then I started using the list from Wayne.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    In today's technologically advanced age, you can get just about any info about anyone that you want...at any time. I'm not concerned about my name being on a list that's given to other brothers. I trust you all, and give the new members the benefit of the doubt when they want this sort of information.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    I just take that as part of using an online life style my info will get out. Anyone who wants to turn up at my door with bad intentions will meet mr 40 and mr buckshot. Then I am sure my dogs will eat them.

Just is a suckie part of life now we are all "part of the Grid" (I watched tron last night)
    rossdavey2:
    I just take that as part of using an online life style my info will get out. Anyone who wants to turn up at my door with bad intentions will meet mr 40 and mr buckshot. Then I am sure my dogs will eat them.

Just is a suckie part of life now we are all "part of the Grid" (I watched tron last night)
    LMAO
    rossdavey2:

hope thats not mr. 40 ounce and mr. buckshot, that could be a nasty combo,lol
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    skweekz:
    In today's technologically advanced age, you can get just about any info about anyone that you want...at any time. I'm not concerned about my name being on a list that's given to other brothers. I trust you all, and give the new members the benefit of the doubt when they want this sort of information.
    Exactly....there is a thing called "Public Record" if you ever filed a bankruptcy or got divorced you are out there online for the taking. Do a lot of shopping online and some companies sell your info to marketers. I would say if someone here doesn't want their shipping info known unless they are asked personally for it needs to make that known somewhere here on the forum.

So with that said if there are any brothers here that don't want me to use the info I got from Wayne please PM me and I will gladly remove your info :o)
    MTuccelli:
    skweekz:
    Exactly....there is a thing called "Public Record" if you ever filed a bankruptcy or got divorced you are out there online for the taking. Do a lot of shopping online and some companies sell your info to marketers. I would say if someone here doesn't want their shipping info known unless they are asked personally for it needs to make that known somewhere here on the forum.

So with that said if there are any brothers here that don't want me to use the info I got from Wayne please PM me and I will gladly remove your info :o)
    Ummmm, that is the problem with having the list sent out as a whole. Who knows if they are on the list or not, OR who knows who you may share the list with in the future.
    IMO the list should go back to staying with one or two members and BOTL who need an address can PM them for the info.
    The list was never intended to be passed out around the forums. It is when that started to happen that I stepped back and let Wayne be the "list master" as I did not agree with people info. being sent out to whoever asked for it.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    We all assume a certain level of trust when we give anything more than our Avatar. Its' our choice. We all self-check other members. Anyone below this post is welcome to my address because I have seen them act honorably here and in the mail. I think Ozzie is seeing what I also have seen in recent weeks, new guys hopping right in and wanting to get bombed. I think you gotta earn your stripes here. And I'm trying to do just that. All those on my address list have been acquired through pms. I think the Good traders list is valuable. Address list? Maybe not. Ask to be bombed? The nerve!
    laker1963:
    MTuccelli:
    skweekz:

Ummmm, that is the problem with having the list sent out as a whole. Who knows if they are on the list or not, OR who knows who you may share the list with in the future.
    IMO the list should go back to staying with one or two members and BOTL who need an address can PM them for the info.
    The list was never intended to be passed out around the forums. It is when that started to happen that I stepped back and let Wayne be the "list master" as I did not agree with people info. being sent out to whoever asked for it.
    Actually I PM'd Wayne for the Ccom Directory after I made the good traders list. Since having it I have sent several bombs and done more trading. I personally wouldn't give out any ones info on the directory to someone not on the good traders list. I understand the concern by all on protecting their personal information.

However I think bringing up a mailing address issue in todays times is a mute point when there are so many ways for someone to snag your cellphone number and credit card info without you even using them. Doing a google search will produce some amazing results as well.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I think I'd like it if my name and address were taken off of any list that is being maintained on here. Especially if it's being circulated. I understand about public record and all that, but the less it's out there the better. I've got no problem with trading info via PM, but I don't like the idea of it being emailed without my knowledge.
    Russ55:
    I think I'd like it if my name and address were taken off of any list that is being maintained on here. Especially if it's being circulated. I understand about public record and all that, but the less it's out there the better. I've got no problem with trading info via PM, but I don't like the idea of it being emailed without my knowledge.
    +1 This thing started as a list of addresses so BOTL could throw out a few bombs. NOW it is being reffered to as a "mailing list" ! I'm with Russ55, I would prefer my info. to be removed from any circulating lists. I don't get much traffic up my way anyway unless I have arranged a shipment, and lot's of trusted BOTL here already have my info. Not comfortable with it being on a master list that get's sent around to whoever requests it.
    Russ55:
    I have removed your address as requested from the list I have. :o)
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    +1 This thing started as a list of addresses so BOTL could throw out a few bombs. NOW it is being reffered to as a "mailing list" ! I'm with Russ55, I would prefer my info. to be removed from any circulating lists. I don't get much traffic up my way anyway unless I have arranged a shipment, and lot's of trusted BOTL here already have my info. Not comfortable with it being on a master list that get's sent around to whoever requests it.
    I have removed your shipping info as well. When I get my nerve back up to ship to Canada I will PM you for your info :o)
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I really don't care who on these forums has my address. If you want to swing by and hang out you know where I am... But I guess I am one of the few that uses my real name and Picture as well.
    MTuccelli:
    laker1963:
    Russ55:
    I have removed your shipping info as well. When I get my nerve back up to ship to Canada I will PM you for your info :o)
    better gimme the canada info. as i have 2 boxes heading that way, pm me