Home General Discussion

GOT SCREWED!!!!

124»

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I personally feel this is a low blow, however I felt an obligation to respond as this was a complete shock to me. I do feel I have a rep and to not respond openly since it was already put out there wouldn't be fitting. I'm sure anyone would have done the same.
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    phobicsquirrel:
    I personally feel this is a low blow, however I felt an obligation to respond as this was a complete shock to me. I do feel I have a rep and to not respond openly since it was already put out there wouldn't be fitting. I'm sure anyone would have done the same.
    Don't worry, man, I think it's clear to most people that you're a good trader and aren't really at fault here except for possibly an honest, minor mistake in packaging. Disputes should be solved civilly, not through yelling and swearing. I wouldn't sweat your rep. That said, I agree it should be solved between you two over PM now - we have seven pages where anyone masochistic enough can see exactly what went on here!
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Phobic, I would be WAY more pissed than you are if had been away for a few weeks and came back to this public attack. Thanks for showing your maturity and exemplifying why this is such a great forum and community.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471

the only reason why i would want to ever be a mod is to take down threads like this.

• Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    I can't believe this thread is still alive!!! Welcome back Squirrel...you were truly missed.... We know you know how to take care of business...like a man.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    gentlemen...

i understand that a BORK here has made a mistake on how to resolve an issue within the forum.

it happens. we are all human

this does not mean that Christian_Sapp is an evil guy or that he is a horrible person.

many of you have taken sides. there are many posts above where a few of you do not out right attack him, but imply that he is less than a BOTL.

that is not what this forum is about.

i can understand his frustrations. you should try to as well. what we have here is a newer guy doing a trade involving high end cigars for a bit of pricey goods. what he (christian) sees is that he sends out his end in very good condition. they arrive in good condition. he does not get his end of the deal when he was promised (regardless of if it was the fault of the squirrel or not), and when he did get it, the goods were damaged. at the same time, the squirrel gets involved with life and is gone for an extended period of time. this looks bad weather it is intentional or not.

how would you feel if this was you ( a guy youve never dealt with sending you what seems to you to be crap and disappearing )? id be pretty pissed off.

we all know it wasnt intentional but a newer guy may not.

i do understand that there was a better way to handle this, but we should refrain from attacking anyone. we are all supposed to be BROTHERS of the leaf. lets start acting like it. Christian_Sapp and our Furry friend included. mistakes were made.

.... and not just by one or two people.

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    +1, and thank you for continuing to be a leader in our community kuz.

• smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    happy 1000 sniper lol
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    smokeater187:
    happy 1000 sniper lol
    Wow, wouldja look at that?!?!? Didnt even notice - now I gotta come up with a contest! :-)

• SigCigSigCig Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 37
    Sad. Handle things privately. IMHO.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    kuzi16:
    gentlemen...

i understand that a BORK here has made a mistake on how to resolve an issue within the forum.

it happens. we are all human

this does not mean that Christian_Sapp is an evil guy or that he is a horrible person.

many of you have taken sides. there are many posts above where a few of you do not out right attack him, but imply that he is less than a BOTL.

that is not what this forum is about.

i can understand his frustrations. you should try to as well. what we have here is a newer guy doing a trade involving high end cigars for a bit of pricey goods. what he (christian) sees is that he sends out his end in very good condition. they arrive in good condition. he does not get his end of the deal when he was promised (regardless of if it was the fault of the squirrel or not), and when he did get it, the goods were damaged. at the same time, the squirrel gets involved with life and is gone for an extended period of time. this looks bad weather it is intentional or not.

how would you feel if this was you ( a guy youve never dealt with sending you what seems to you to be crap and disappearing )? id be pretty pissed off.

we all know it wasnt intentional but a newer guy may not.

i do understand that there was a better way to handle this, but we should refrain from attacking anyone. we are all supposed to be BROTHERS of the leaf. lets start acting like it. Christian_Sapp and our Furry friend included. mistakes were made.

.... and not just by one or two people.

I know I made a pretty big mistake about the way I handled this situation, I more acted out of emotion then thinking about this rationally. Thank you for what you said.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Experiences like this should help us all to learn from. Good experiences teach us little, however bad ones can be good teachers, if we reflect upon what went wrong. The measure of character is what we do when we make a mistake, as we all make them. It seems that raw, real emotion and the annominity of forums, emails, etc and the world of instant communication can somethimes get out of control way too quickly. In this case it, extra fuel was added by lots of botls being supportive of both sides, etc. and by relating to parts of the experience. Hope the issues can now be privately settled to the satisfaction of both parties, that we all learn from it, and that this thread can disappear.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I haven't chimed in on this since my first statement that I have had good dealings with Pheebs. But please, can we let this die now??? Pretty please??? With sugar on top????
  • stubshaftstubshaft Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    Just to be perfectly clear on this, I have no opinion whatsoever. I'm just trying to get my post count up. Thank you!
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Kiss,hug,drink some beers, smoke some hign end cigars,and work it out,mistakes happen!