Home General Discussion

GOT SCREWED!!!!

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I dont think ppl are saying you are lying or anything, just should have contacted squirrel first and got his response. If you did not hear from him for weeks or so, then I can understand you posting this. Thats all most people are trying to say.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    trust me, i understand what its like to get a bad package in...but thats the thing with trades, things do go wrong now and then. Sorry for your loss but really should have tried to talk to him and maybe resolve this outside the main forum posting.....never know, maybe he would have sent some more stuff out to ya to be fair but calling him out like that just isnt cool in a lot of guys books.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    trust me, i understand what its like to get a bad package in...but thats the thing with trades, things do go wrong now and then. Sorry for your loss but really should have tried to talk to him and maybe resolve this outside the main forum posting.....never know, maybe he would have sent some more stuff out to ya to be fair but calling him out like that just isnt cool in a lot of guys books.
    HEY thank you, you showed me i was in the wrong calling him out like this but i felt like i was just getting screwed over because the way he packaged it i would of been shocked to of received it not in pieces.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Lets all just kill this post until something happens one way or another, we are all pretty sure this will work itself out----no more attention needs to be given at this point. Of course Im typing this too, so I should probably sto
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Please take this private and work out the details
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    I don't understand, I'm new here, and I'm confused. I'm trying to get my posts up here so I can trade and become friends with people, but if this is how things are done I don't think I wanna be a part of this. Everyone is attacking this guy for getting screwed and standing up for himself. If he sent pm's and got no response after a few days, what do you expect him to do. Makes me think this is maybe a group of guys who rip off unsuspecting new cigar smokers, then laugh at them behind their backs and laugh about how they ripped of this newb or that newb for 100 bucks worth of smokes. I think I may leave this crew. And I'm not excusing someone leaving a precious humidity required package to sit for 5 weeks, that wasn't smart, but hes saying it was supposed to be there at a certain date and wasn't. Aside from the 5 weeks sitting, things still should not have been broken right? Maybe he's a scammer IDK, but this makes me never want to trade or visit these forums again, shame on this place. back to buying and hoarding my cigars to myself I guess.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    blurr:
    I don't understand, I'm new here, and I'm confused. I'm trying to get my posts up here so I can trade and become friends with people, but if this is how things are done I don't think I wanna be a part of this. Everyone is attacking this guy for getting screwed and standing up for himself. If he sent pm's and got no response after a few days, what do you expect him to do. Makes me think this is maybe a group of guys who rip off unsuspecting new cigar smokers, then laugh at them behind their backs and laugh about how they ripped of this newb or that newb for 100 bucks worth of smokes. I think I may leave this crew.
    Spend some time here before you go posting talk like this. This is by far the most welcoming cigar forum on the net. All the guys here are doing is sticking up for an inactive member, that has been here for quite a while. I can see both sides of this situation, and I understand where everyone is coming from. This is the first time I have ever seen anything of this sort happen in a year and a half on this forum. I am sure this will all be made right in the days to come. Those are some bold accusations, and I know for a fact that what you suggest was not the intent.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    blurr:
    I don't understand, I'm new here, and I'm confused. I'm trying to get my posts up here so I can trade and become friends with people, but if this is how things are done I don't think I wanna be a part of this. Everyone is attacking this guy for getting screwed and standing up for himself. If he sent pm's and got no response after a few days, what do you expect him to do. Makes me think this is maybe a group of guys who rip off unsuspecting new cigar smokers, then laugh at them behind their backs and laugh about how they ripped of this newb or that newb for 100 bucks worth of smokes. I think I may leave this crew. And I'm not excusing someone leaving a precious humidity required package to sit for 5 weeks, that wasn't smart, but hes saying it was supposed to be there at a certain date and wasn't. Aside from the 5 weeks sitting, things still should not have been broken right? Maybe he's a scammer IDK, but this makes me never want to trade or visit these forums again, shame on this place. back to buying and hoarding my cigars to myself I guess.
    Hey thank you so much for backing me up because i felt like i was being attacked for loosing a lot of money in cigars, and I am starting to think the same way you are I might be following you on the way out.
    blurr:
    WOW! You have figured out everything! Now we have to start a new forum....

Christian_Sapp:
    blurr:
    Hey thank you so much for backing me up because i felt like i was being attacked for loosing a lot of money in cigars, and I am starting to think the same way you are I might be following you on the way out.
    Dude, no one attacked you. I dont get where you are getting attacked at? To each their own..
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Damn, I'm busting my ass back in school and the first thing I get to see when I come back is this. Pretty weak, if you ask me, which no one did.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    zeebra:
    Christian_Sapp:
    blurr:
    Dude, no one attacked you. I dont get where you are getting attacked at? To each their own..
    Seriously, no one attacked you. You posted a private matter publicly and the member you posted about happens to be an upstanding long-time member of this community, that's the problem. If pheebs refused to work something out with you in private, that's when you post here asking for help/advice or to complain about it.

It sucks that your package was all jacked up, don't get me wrong. Everyone here understands that and can sympathize with you, but that doesn't mean what you did here was right.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    To Blurr and Christian,

I'm pretty sure the others aren't attacking Christian. All they're trying to say is to try to straighten it out privately first. Although extremely rare in the cigar community, sh*t does happen. I'm not trying to place blame on anyone with this post, but my advice is simple: contact Pheebs and see if something can be worked out between the two of you. If an agreement can be reached, then all is well. If not, then simply don't deal with one another.

There are many good traders and stand-up folk here. However, *** can happen. It's how we deal with it that makes the difference.

PS: I would be glad to trade with Christian and Pheebs, along with many other fine and outstanding BOTL here. With international shipping, it's an expensive hassle, but if an agreement cannot be reached in this case, I will send you some sticks, Christian.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Just for what it worth I had trouble posting & PM'ing recently on the site. There was a problem with a server. So if you tried squirrel he may not have been able to respond right away. If you didn't, shame on you. That said, work out problems privately. Not on a public forum. If there is no satisfaction privately then making it puiblic is appropriate imho. Sorry for the hassle you had. Either way, it sucks hard!
    blurr:
    Good riddance my man----since you obviously dont know how this works here...and with an attidude worse than mine, lol.........see ya.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    wwhwang:
    PS: I would be glad to trade with Christian and Pheebs, along with many other fine and outstanding BOTL here. With international shipping, it's an expensive hassle, but if an agreement cannot be reached in this case, I will send you some sticks, Christian.
    Perfect example why this forum is the most generous, best bunch of BOTLs out there. If you guys want to leave the forums, that's your choice. No one here is trying to run you off. But I can honestly say that you won't find a more welcoming cigar forum out there. I for one would be happy if you guys stick around, the more the merrier.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I feel like this may have gone on too long, but to Christian, I'm sorry about the mixup in the trade. If you can't get in touch with Squirrel, I could text him or call him and let him know what happened. I've traded with him countless times and he is a standup guy. I know he's been very busy with things the last few times I've traded with him and talked to him.

As for the ashtray cracking, I didn't look up your location in Cali, but was it cold out for the weeks that you were gone? I only ask because the cigars were extremely dry according to you, suggesting that it wasn't hot and humid. If it was cold enough the ashtray could have cracked because of the cold. I had one and loved it until I left it out for a few cold nights last year and it cracked on me, just like yours was cracked.

Again, sorry for the confusion but if it would rectify things, shoot me a pm with your info and I'll personally send you some sticks on Squirrel's behalf. I've traded with him enough times to consider him a friend and I do have plenty of extra sticks. I'd just rather see this squashed and not want to see Squirrel get a bad name or anyone feel like they got screwed.
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    Wow, I can't believe I read 4 pages of that.

Am I the only one who thinks a college student should know how to spell the word "break?" Kind of irrelevant but misspelling words you should know by fourth grade is a pet peeve of mine :)
    asolomon:

Am I the only one who thinks a college student should know how to spell the word "break?" Kind of irrelevant but misspelling words you should know by fourth grade is a pet peeve of mine :)
    +1, lollll. I didnt wanna poke fun or laugh, but I noticed it right off the bat too. Im pretty sure there is another word in there too that isnt a simply typo if Im not mistaken.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    It's time to move on guys... Christian, see what he has to say and let us know how it works out... I'm sure it's gonna get worked out... I'm not on anyone's side but I can understand the frustration... I'm sure he will rectify the deal... I've dealt with both of you guys in the past and never had an issue, so just trust in the fact that it will get figured out...

just give us a post in a few days when it gets situated and we can all forget about it...
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    so Pheebs lives in Portland and you live in Benicia (San Fran area) and it took 5 weeks to get your stuff? sucks. Pheebs is good peeps so I'm not sure what to say. obviously the stuff was damaged by the shipping company though. either way, take it up with the shipping company and not us.
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    Vulchor:
    asolomon:

+1, lollll. I didnt wanna poke fun or laugh, but I noticed it right off the bat too. Im pretty sure there is another word in there too that isnt a simply typo if Im not mistaken.
    Well, he also used "of" instead of "have" a few times (e.g. "should of," "could of") which reallllllly annoys me because, well, it simply makes no sense, but sadly so many people do that that I usually have to just bottle up the anger on that one. ;)
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    asolomon:
    Vulchor:
    asolomon:

Well, he also used "of" instead of "have" a few times (e.g. "should of," "could of") which reallllllly annoys me because, well, it simply makes no sense, but sadly so many people do that that I usually have to just bottle up the anger on that one. ;)
    Hey guys, this is starting to sound a lot like ridicule. Not helping.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    I cant Believe I am going to waste Post number 2001 on this F*%&$ up thread.... which i read about 7 post from and now see its turned into another sensless multipage SOap Opera... WTF .... I know I am not a Saint and I get my ass in an uproar over some legitimate Stuff... But this Thread should have been Snuffed at post 1.... This is a personal Redemption Matter and a Vetern of the Forums with over 5000 post with merit and great info and a newer member with less than 300 post......... many many BOTL have doen Flawless trades with Phob..... This freaking Box was lost or not deliverable because of Absence or because it was going to s Freaking college dorm room or a storage unit or whatever.......
    I for one do not belive that this box was delivered in the fashion the pictures show. after doing alot of trades passes and bombs I have never seen anything packaged like that.
    My spelling sucks sometimes when im in the heat of a post , so thats undrstandable but seriousley maybe we need to be more discretionary when doing trades and deals untill the memeber has made numerous GOOD trades and has more than 150 posts or so... and contributing Posts not FLUFF...... I know I am hated by alot of people on here due to my Honesty and Bluntness. Thats Ok.... I am real ......
    Lifes been beating me in the head for far too long latley, this past week My best friend in Ohio and his wife lost there home (like my second home) to a devestating fire, in -3 ..20 below windcihill weather. I mean they Lost everything ! 25 years of marraige, classic guitars,Collectable guns, every stitch of clothes the list is tremendous....... Loss.....
    I feel blessed everyday I am above ground so when i see BS like this over a Freaking ashtray that you can buy all day long on several websites and ebay and a few cigars tearing up someones chartacter It frosts My BALLS!
    ok Now I made this 2001 Post worht Wasting it... Get on the Contest thread and make a Guess because there are alot of people already out of the running and i have 11 posts left .............
    Peace !
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    asolomon:

people make mistakes. Make sure your own sentences are correct before you start pointing out his mispellings. I've only been speaking english for a couple years and i would like to think that a native english speaker such as yourself should know better than to do what you did.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I know I am hated by alot of people on here due to my Honesty and Bluntness. Thats Ok.... I am real ......
    Just want ya to know Ozzie, I personally hate ya because you didn't make that 2011th post on the date I guessed in your thread ;)

• Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    My take: I can see both sides of this. If I sent out a package that broke, I would prefer that the person gets in touch through PM rather than going straight to the message boards. I don't know how long Christrian waited before posting, but I'd like the person to give me at least a couple days to respond. However, if I received a package in shambles due to poor packing - and I think plastic bags, without bubblewrap or peanuts, constitutes 'poor packing' for an ashtray - then I would be displeased. It's one thing if it breaks from a normal vendor with more inventory, but the ashtray seemed like something that's not so easy to get so it'll be more difficult to replace.

I do think it's humorous that everybody is saying that he's a stand-up trader and you've never heard of a problem with him - then you say that you shouldn't discuss this stuff on the message boards, it should only be done through PM. Well, maybe the reason you don't hear bad things about him is because nobody posts it on the forum?

Personally, I wouldn't have posted this on the boards - or if I did, I wouldn't call out the person by name, I'd just tell the situation and ask how I should rectify it. But I can see why Christian posted, and I don't think it's a big deal that people know about the poor packing materials.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I want to know what "Bolingseo" thinks of this since everyone has now chimed in. :)
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Christian_Sapp:
    In return he would give me a Gurkha Beauty and the Cinco Vegas Limitad 2008 Ashtray box.

So really you only lost an ashtray? The pictures of broken cigars are free cigars that he sent you correct? Pmme I'll send out an ashtray to you. I dont have the 2008 5vegas ashtray but I have a La Aroma De Cuba that Ill send out to you. Ill even throw in some smokes if you dont respond back to some of these comments and kill this thread.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    nikostewart:
    I want to know what "Bolingseo" thinks of this since everyone has now chimed in. :)
    awesome!