Home General Discussion

Nicaragua Trip

Comments

• Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Things may change, you never know. The key is finding a flight that gets you to Miami by 10am on 2/2 so you can make the 11am connection to managua. Check out www.aa.com and take a look at the current schedules. I may have overlooked something.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    jship079:
    How about from cincinnati or cleveland since the dumb ass pittsburgh airport which I live 15 min from cant do it i think these would be nearest to me
    Don't forget to look at Akron/Canton and Columbus. Smaller airports but you'll be surprised by what they can offer.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Can someone tell me how many cigars you can bring back to the US? Is it 50? If you bring more do you need to pay tax on it?
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    undulac:
    jship079:
    How about from cincinnati or cleveland since the dumb ass pittsburgh airport which I live 15 min from cant do it i think these would be nearest to me
    Don't forget to look at Akron/Canton and Columbus. Smaller airports but you'll be surprised by what they can offer.
    Thanks
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Alex put me on the list brother !!!
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Goldy:
    Can someone tell me how many cigars you can bring back to the US? Is it 50? If you bring more do you need to pay tax on it?
    You can bring back 50 no problem but I have never been stopped.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Goldy:
    Tape the extras around your waste
    jship079:
    Goldy:
    I would probably look like Tommy Boy with the flares on his chest. "This will only take a second"
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Alex, can I get a quote from Seattle? Thanks.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    jship079:
    Goldy:
    Like.... Poo?
  • tkohlertkohler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    What kind of a price are we looking at from Denver CO? If its reasonable, I am in!!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Denver... The windy City...
    GORGEOUS!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Alex, you quoted a price from Los Angeles, perhaps you can tell me if Ontario airport would offer the right flight and what the price discrepancy would be? Thanks.

This is tentative at best, but please put me on the list. I'd love to make it work and will do all within my power to get there.
  • JY001JY001 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    I'm in. Sounds like an amazing opportunity.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Ohh this sounds like a blast! I'll have to see how things go but I think I just might be able to pull this off. From what was posted above on the things to do, would be a great re-visit Central America again. As for the plane ticket....good thing I work for the Airlines /wicked grin.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    another quetion....if we wanted to maybe buy a few more boxes of something....would be be able to and just ship all of our cigars back if we paid for shipping?
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I may be able to pull this off if I can use miles.

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I would like to go but it looks like I will be going to Pro Cigar in the Dominican Republic the 2nd week of February. Very nice offer and I hope plenty of you guys get to go. Be sure to post pics and I want to try someone's blend!
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    This trip sounds like a dream!! I'm definitely interested in it but no way can I predict funding at this point, so the best I could do is jump on the wait list.

This is yet another example of why you guys at CCOM are the best, hands down.

Thanks for even thinking of this, let alone putting it together.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Alex Svenson:
    camgfs:
    What about Sudbury, Ontario Canada.....or Toronto, since it's only a few hours drive south of here? Is this possible for Canadians, or just U.S. residents?
    I am sure that would be possible. You would probably have to find a way to get yourself too and from Miami and we could book your ticket as if from Miami so you could travel with the group. So whatever the extra cost is to get too and from miami. I imagine you would need to arrive miami a day early and leave miami a day later. If you want, Ill put you on the list and we can look into the logistics when the time comes. Let me know.
    Alex, YES, please put me on the list. From what I can see available online, I could fly from Toronto Canada to Miami. After that (at my expense), what is the expense for the trip once I arrive in Miami, other than a 1 night stay if I arrive a day ahead of time?

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Yes yes yes yes yes. I want to do this. I will Pm you later.
  • tkohlertkohler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    Just to re-iterate, I am in!! Please add me to the list :-)
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    sightunseen:
    At this point, I would like to say a tenative "yes" for me and my girlfriend. Please put us on the list.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Alex Svenson:
    Hypothetically, if I we ere able to put together a factory trip for the forum for february, would there be interest in a group going. Would be a Wednesday to Saturday and probably cost anywhere from $650 to $1100 per head depending on what part of the country folks fly from. Let me know roughly if something like this would be fun.
    Just catching up on posts from the weekend.... and how did i miss this one. I would need to adjust the budget, but I would very much be leaning to this. Toss me on the list.

EDIT: Just got the OK from the girlfriend. so... PLEASE put me on that list!!! and hopefully you have room for me.
    sightunseen:
    $1420 overnight stay in miami coming back.
    tkohler:
    What kind of a price are we looking at from Denver CO? If its reasonable, I am in!!
    $1150 but looks like there would need to be some overnight layover action.
    Okay, looks like we are pretty full, or at least I see there is more than enough interest. Here is the deal, Ill let everyone noodle on this and then we will lock this in second half of november. At that point, we will be able to get exact pricing. I will put up a post two weeks in advance. Everyone that has replied to this thread will get right of first refusal. If we have extra spots, I will make a public post with the number of open spaces but for now, spots are closed.
    Sooooo excited
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    glad i got in while i could! lol.....ill be talking to my boss this week just to make sure im golden for the trip....so so so excited!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Goldy:
    Sooooo excited

+1 :)