Home General Discussion

Nicaragua Trip

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:
    To reiterate, cost includes all hotels, flights, lodging, transportation and major meals, 20 personal blended cigars, 20 cigar sampler and 20 cigar of your choice to take home. Also, there would be plenty of other cigars we would smoke along the way off the tables, aging rooms etc. Does not include booze and perhaps 1 or 2 lunches during travel (subway or something cheap).
    Oh man... this is so tempting. I would have to meet up with you guy's in Miami... but I sure wish I could be part of this. I will have to do some thinking (that means bum kissing) on this.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Alex Svenson:
    $1135 from SF. NOTE THAT GUYS FROM THE WEST COAST WOULD HAVE TO LAYOVER A NIGHT IN MIAMI SO THEY WOULD ACTUALLY LEAVE TUESDAY AND LAY UP TUESDAY NIGHT. COST INCLUDES MIAMI HOTEL.
    Not a problem at all.
    Alex Svenson:
    To reiterate, cost includes all hotels, flights, lodging, transportation and major meals, 20 personal blended cigars, 20 cigar sampler and 20 cigar of your choice to take home. Also, there would be plenty of other cigars we would smoke along the way off the tables, aging rooms etc. Does not include booze and perhaps 1 or 2 lunches during travel (subway or something cheap).
    Do you want my money today? Is it too early to go and wait at the airport now? Big Smile [:D]
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    yeah... fiancee is not to happy with me right now...
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    "Put me on the LIST!!!!!" Just talked to the gf, soon to be fiance, im all good and got the green light....oh yeah, I also need to get some cheap diamonds down there for a engagment ring! lol...
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    "Put me on the LIST!!!!!" Just talked to the gf, soon to be fiance, im all good and got the green light....oh yeah, I also need to get some cheap diamonds down there for a engagment ring! lol...

I can help you with that one.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    I'll be flying out of Indianapolis Int. Alex. In case you need to know.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    Man I would love to take this trip but my wife is due with our second child later that month and I doubt a trip outside of the country is a good idea at that time. Maybe next time. Take lots of pictures for me to look at and then hate you all for being there.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    How much is it from The airport in Jackson, MS? Trying to see if I can scrape up the money for this. I'd do anything for this once in a lifetime trip, but money's a big factor for me :(
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Let me go rob a bank.... how about a flight out of Charlotte, NC? Put me on the list! I'll start saving by quitting cigs now lol
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    wwhwang:
    How much is it from The airport in Jackson, MS? Trying to see if I can scrape up the money for this. I'd do anything for this once in a lifetime trip, but money's a big factor for me :(
    Not good from Jackson. If there is another major airport or city you can get to would be a bit improvement. You would have to stay overnight in miami both going out and coming back. All in with hotels in Miami about $1500
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Alex Svenson:
    wwhwang:
    Not good from Jackson. If there is another major airport or city you can get to would be a bit improvement. You would have to stay overnight in miami both going out and coming back. All in with hotels in Miami about $1500
    Ah crap :( Looks like I won't be able to make it unless I win a lottery or rob a bank lol. Only major airports I know that will be cheaper are in Dallas, TX and Atlanta, GA. Hopefully, there will be another trip later?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    t_evan50:
    I'll be flying out of Indianapolis Int. Alex. In case you need to know.
    Indianapolis is another tough one. Would have to fly out a day early and lay over in Miami. Would be $1265. That said, you may be best off making the 3 and a half hour drive to ohare and flying out of chicago. Cincinnati could also be an option if you wanted to try to save some coin.
    Hayblet:
    Let me go rob a bank.... how about a flight out of Charlotte, NC? Put me on the list! I'll start saving by quitting cigs now lol
    $1000
    Here is what I have so far. Let me know if I missed anyone. I have

Hays
    Martymcg43
    russ55
    t_evan50
    goldy
    joeyjoe21_8
    hayblet

That is 7. I will take the first 15 guys and then anyone after that will go on a wait list as I assume not all of the first 15 will be able to commit when it comes time to answer for sure so i am confident that anyone who wants to go will be able to. I know it is tough not knowing exactly how costs and things might change.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    What about Sudbury, Ontario Canada.....or Toronto, since it's only a few hours drive south of here? Is this possible for Canadians, or just U.S. residents?
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    and would i be able to bring some seeds home with me? havent been able to find any corojo seeds anywhere.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Atlanta has an international airport, so I don't think I would need to meet up in Miami, I could fly straight down there from here and just meet up with you guys at the airport couldnt i?
    I'm curious of how payment of this would transpire...
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    What about from MSP?
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    The ultimate herf!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Alex - I'm a dork... I just thought of this: do you have pricing minus airfare? Or is this strictly an air-inclusive deal? I ask because I could just use miles for my flight, which should save me a bunch, making this whole thing a lot more viable for me.
    camgfs:
    What about Sudbury, Ontario Canada.....or Toronto, since it's only a few hours drive south of here? Is this possible for Canadians, or just U.S. residents?
    I am sure that would be possible. You would probably have to find a way to get yourself too and from Miami and we could book your ticket as if from Miami so you could travel with the group. So whatever the extra cost is to get too and from miami. I imagine you would need to arrive miami a day early and leave miami a day later. If you want, Ill put you on the list and we can look into the logistics when the time comes. Let me know.
    martymcg43:
    and would i be able to bring some seeds home with me? havent been able to find any corojo seeds anywhere.
    Yes, if you are there I can get you some Criollo seeds. I can even give you some tips on plating them.
    Krieg:
    Atlanta has an international airport, so I don't think I would need to meet up in Miami, I could fly straight down there from here and just meet up with you guys at the airport couldnt i?
    Yes, I Atlanta is easy. We would need to use American Airlines to stick together. The trick is flying from a city that has a very early morning flight to miami that gets there before 10am to meet the connection. Atlanta is one of them.
    Hayblet:
    Havent thought about it. I can have you guys all book with our travel agent directly so you can see transparently all the costs. However, then when we eat there would be 15 separate checks and be kind of a pain in the ass. With that in mind, I may just bill you guys and hit your card and then take care of all the expenses so one person is paying. I can show you guys the break down of all expenses if we go that way to keep it transparent showing you airfare, fees, etc. The factory will be providing the buss, driver, security (if needed) and samples, cigars, a few of the meals etc.
    Goldy:
    What about from MSP?
    MSP = $1185
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    This trip is sort of set for feb of next year? Hmmm, I might be able to go, I'll know more come november-december..
    Hays:
    Alex - I'm a dork... I just thought of this: do you have pricing minus airfare? Or is this strictly an air-inclusive deal? I ask because I could just use miles for my flight, which should save me a bunch, making this whole thing a lot more viable for me.
    Not a bad idea for guys who want to do this. The key is we all need to be on american airlines. If people take other airlines, it screws stuff up because delays and flight cancellations are not uncommon down there. Esteli is 2 hours from managua so we need to move as one unit. That said, you can get a ticket to managua for anywhere from 35K to 50K miles. The costs outside of the airfare I am using in my calculations are $10 entry tax, $200 food and $150 hotel. Also if you are having to layover in maimi overnight the cost of a hotel there.
    Alex Svenson:
    Hayblet:
    Havent thought about it. I can have you guys all book with our travel agent directly so you can see transparently all the costs. However, then when we eat there would be 15 separate checks and be kind of a pain in the ass. With that in mind, I may just bill you guys and hit your card and then take care of all the expenses so one person is paying. I can show you guys the break down of all expenses if we go that way to keep it transparent showing you airfare, fees, etc. The factory will be providing the buss, driver, security (if needed) and samples, cigars, a few of the meals etc.
    I just ment like do I send you a check or what :P I'm not "bitchin" about costs or wanting a detailed report, that's all Sir!
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    How about from cincinnati or cleveland since the dumb ass pittsburgh airport which I live 15 min from cant do it i think these would be nearest to me