Home General Discussion

IL Herf

JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
Just wondering if all you IL guys wanted to get together for a herf and when. Just wondering gents.

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Hey man I'd be down, I live in Carbondale, S. IL if you're not familiar.. where are you at?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    he is in roscoe IL
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Alex Williams:
    he is in roscoe IL
    lol nice catch Alex =p.
    But yea Im in Roscoe which is as far north in Central IL as you can get. Im sure everyone wouldnt want to meet up here but I basically just created this thread to first see who is interested and then decide upon a place.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    If this happens on a weekend that I'm off from work I might make the trip down.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    I don't live too far from Jsaint. If this happens, count me in. I would still like to have a get together once the mileage pass is done.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    You know I'm down. I live on the NW side of Chicago, near O'hare. We can pick a neutral local in the westen suburbs and go from there.....
    Shaumburg was definitely a good idea.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    ... Schaumburg that's pretty close to me. Any suggestions beyond that. Isn't there a place called Cigar Lounge near the mall there. The place that was mentioned holding the Camacho event last week
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    If it is Chicago land area and I am in town you can count me in for sure!!
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    I should be in chicago for a CCDA confrence from Sep. 7-11 Im not sure if I am going but I will keep you guys posted if it will be sometime in that time frame.
    My only preference on this is that we figure it out in advance so I can have time to ask for the date off.
    Just to throw this out there....... My B&M is having a Drew Estates Event on the 26th. I'll be working, but I can stop by for a little bit. It's at Utopia Cigars in Chicago from 5pm to 10pm.
  • Ironmick63Ironmick63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 100
    lilwing88:
    You know I'm down. I live on the NW side of Chicago, near O'hare. We can pick a neutral local in the westen suburbs and go from there.....
    Marty, you know I'll be down for this too. Maybe I can get John to come out too.
  • millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
    hey guys, i live in naperville, about 35 minutes from chicago and like 20 from schaumburg...im down to get together..weekends are the best for me..there is a place in westmont....heard it was nice from djfish....anways keep me posted..and lets so it up....illinois style.....
    I think we need to just pick a location and a date and go from there....... I'll go ahead and throw out The Humidor in Westmont on Sep 18th at 6pm...... Steve, we got the wedding on the 4th and I'll be out of town the weekend of the 10th.

We can make it earlier or later than 6pm, but keep in mind The Humidor closes at 9pm...

The other option is Casa De Montecristo in Countryside. They're open till Midnight.
    If Im told a couple weeks ahead of time I can just ask for the day off so I dont have to worry about work interfering.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    wow you guys been busy,i been working to much that im bearly getting on here to notice this, what ever works for you guys
    lilwing88:
    I think we need to just pick a location and a date and go from there....... I'll go ahead and throw out The Humidor in Westmont on Sep 18th at 6pm...... Steve, we got the wedding on the 4th and I'll be out of town the weekend of the 10th.

We can make it earlier or later than 6pm, but keep in mind The Humidor closes at 9pm...

The other option is Casa De Montecristo in Countryside. They're open till Midnight.
    If you have the Herf on Sep 18th there is a really good chance I could make it!!!! This could be an epic month for me. I would be in Seattle for a Herf on the 4th, then SoCal on the 11th, and finally Chicago. It's too bad I can't make the southeastern Herf because my cousin is having a deployment party that day. Now all I need to do is set something up here for the 25th and it's gonna be a great birthday month!!!
    Sep 18th is looking good so far........ c'mon guys, who else is in?????
    lilwing88:
    18th sounds good.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    JSaint:
    lilwing88:
    18th sounds good.

Me too...
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I'll need to come up with a plane ticket because I HATE that drive.... But I'm in
    HOLY CRAP, guys!!!! I totally f-ed this one up!!!!

I just said to my wife, "Hey honey, I'm gonna go to this cigar thing on the 18th. Is that cool?"

To which she replied, "So, you're not going to be attending your son's 3rd birthday party????"

In my defense, I thought we had planned it for the following weekend. Woops. Sorry guys. If you all still wanna go ahead without me, that's cool. But if we can push it back another week, I could make that one for sure.

Again, my apologies.......
    BUMP....... again, my bad.
    Its all good. I just want to try and get everyone together. Maybe the week before that we could do it?
    JSaint:
    Its all good. I just want to try and get everyone together. Maybe the week before that we could do it?
    I'm moving that weekend....... but it's a possibility.
    Hmmm. The weekend after would work as well or maybe just on Friday or Sunday of the same weekend? 17th or 19th?
    lilwing88:
    HOLY CRAP, guys!!!! I totally f-ed this one up!!!!

I just said to my wife, "Hey honey, I'm gonna go to this cigar thing on the 18th. Is that cool?"

To which she replied, "So, you're not going to be attending your son's 3rd birthday party????"

In my defense, I thought we had planned it for the following weekend. Woops. Sorry guys. If you all still wanna go ahead without me, that's cool. But if we can push it back another week, I could make that one for sure.

Again, my apologies.......
    Now this is me right there when I have kids......Hell I'd forget my own birthday if it wasn't for so many other people reminding me. If you go the weekend before I can not make it. I can do the Fri. pos. sunday. Not sure yet about the following week.