Home General Discussion

Rarest Cigar/most expensive cigar in ur humi rightnow?

Comments

• vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    i got a couple of different opus x. have this strange stradivarius i will never smoke. its three cigars braided together. not sure how you would smoke it. got it as a gift. and davidoff had one priced at 90 bucks
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    vegassparky:
    i got a couple of different opus x. have this strange stradivarius i will never smoke. its three cigars braided together. not sure how you would smoke it. got it as a gift. and davidoff had one priced at 90 bucks
    It's called a culebra. You untie the ends and unbraid it so you end up with three individual cigars you can smoke. Has roots back in the Cuban cigar factories when they were given to the rollers to smoke. It discouraged theft because the rollers were only allowed to smoke those (with its weird shape) while working. Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet offers a culebra.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    vegassparky:
    the cigar you are referring to is called a culebra. "culebra" means snake in spanish. it is thre panatela sized cigars that are braided together.

there are a few stories behind this cigar but the one i like is that rollers in old cuba were able to take home only one cigar a day from the work where they rolled cigars. they came up with this vitola as a way to beat the system. it was "one" cigar. you smoke this cigar by actually un-braiding them and smoking them individually.

a common tradition for these is that you smoke it with two good friends, each one of you getting one cigar out of it.

it is rolled by only the most talented rollers and is usually made in limited quantities because of this. of course that adds to the cost/price of the cigar.

the Davidoff version of it is called the Special C. most places that sell them (including cigar.com) sell them for a bit less than $90. ive seen them as low as $44 but the $52 that ccom sells them for is about where they should be.

other manufacturers have made this vitola as well.
    Illusione 2/3
    LFD had one recently
    Partagas (cuba) has one.
    clearly stradivarius has one

im sure that there are a few more out there that im missing but you get the point.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    My most rare sticks would be my Tat T110, Opus X Power Ranger, and a Johny-O. Most expensive would be the Opus, a Camacho PE, some Padron 26s and 64s and some overpriced Gurkhas.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    i never had a camacho pre embargo but should have jumped on the kellys deal the other week....I have been craving one
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    i never had a camacho pre embargo but should have jumped on the kellys deal the other week....I have been craving one

I felt the same way you do.......

Then I had one

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    hmmm.. I have a few opus's in glass tubes, I forget what year.. Maybe it's on the cigar, oh crap I many have to dig to find 'em.
    I now have a grand age with 2 years on it, dragon fire gurkha, marqueza! lol
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    I suppose it would have to be the Gurkha Titan for both most expensive AND rarest
    aint payback a ***?
    It WAS a beautiful shot Kuz, and thank you again so much! I have never had a Titan, but being a HUGE fan of the Titan II I cant wait to try it!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    The Sniper:
    kuzi16:
    The Sniper:
    I suppose it would have to be the Gurkha Titan for both most expensive AND rarest
    aint payback a ***?
    It WAS a beautiful shot Kuz, and thank you again so much! I have never had a Titan, but being a HUGE fan of the Titan II I cant wait to try it!
    If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up on them being similar at all, to me they were as different as night and day.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I've got the Fuente Anejo Sand Shark of course, I've got several Opus X, an Opus X Lost City, a Tatuaje Boris, and a Drac, Padron 1926 80 Year Maduro, Fuente Between the Lines, Anejo Shark, and a La Aurora 100 Anos lancero. I think that's all...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    As far as rare goes I've got one each of the Tatuaje Drac and Boris and one Oliva Master Blend I torpedo. Beyond that, I've got a 2/3 full box of Oliva Special S robustos that are pretty hard to come by since being discontinued.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    PuroFreak:
    I've got the Fuente Anejo Sand Shark of course, I've got several Opus X, an Opus X Lost City, a Tatuaje Boris, and a Drac, Padron 1926 80 Year Maduro, Fuente Between the Lines, Anejo Shark, and a La Aurora 100 Anos lancero. I think that's all...
    Thats a nice collection.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    I have several ISOM Cohiba Reserva cigars from a presentation humidor dating back to December of 2002. After that would be 20 sticks of ISOM San Cristobal from 2001 and some ISOM H. Upman Magnum 50 from 2008. I will miss all of those when they are gone, and not much chance of replacing them.

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    kuzi16:
    the rarest cigar i have in y humidor right now is a LFD Maduro Prensado (5.5 x 50)box press. this cigar was a 5 shop release. each shop got 2 boxes.

the next rarest cigar would probably be a Camacho Havana petite. if im not mistaken this vitola has not been produced for about 6 years. the blend is still out there, but not this size.

probably just as rare is a Montecristo Cigare des Arts. this cigar was released in the late 90s. its been discontinued because the Montecristo Platinum replaced this blend in the line up.

I have a few higher end Gurkhas. Crest, Beast, Titan, Genghis Khan, etc...

I have a Liga Privada no.9 flying pig. not TOO rare i suppose but very limited release.

nothing else too rare in there, a few OpusX ( i hesitate to call that rare in my humidor because i have more OpusX than any other cigar ), Anejo, a couple of GoF, Hemmingway Maduro

maybe there are one or two im missing, but thats about it.
    When the UPS man brought those LFD Maduro Prensados in was the day we chilled at your shop. I got two of them, but they're both gone now. And they were fantastic.

My two rarities are 3 of the '08 release Oliva V Maduros, and an '06 GOF.

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    I havent collected many rare/expensive cigars but I do have a few Camacho PEs..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    bacon.jay:
    kuzi16:
    the rarest cigar i have in y humidor right now is a LFD Maduro Prensado (5.5 x 50)box press. this cigar was a 5 shop release. each shop got 2 boxes.

the next rarest cigar would probably be a Camacho Havana petite. if im not mistaken this vitola has not been produced for about 6 years. the blend is still out there, but not this size.

probably just as rare is a Montecristo Cigare des Arts. this cigar was released in the late 90s. its been discontinued because the Montecristo Platinum replaced this blend in the line up.

I have a few higher end Gurkhas. Crest, Beast, Titan, Genghis Khan, etc...

I have a Liga Privada no.9 flying pig. not TOO rare i suppose but very limited release.

nothing else too rare in there, a few OpusX ( i hesitate to call that rare in my humidor because i have more OpusX than any other cigar ), Anejo, a couple of GoF, Hemmingway Maduro

maybe there are one or two im missing, but thats about it.
    When the UPS man brought those LFD Maduro Prensados in was the day we chilled at your shop. I got two of them, but they're both gone now. And they were fantastic.

My two rarities are 3 of the '08 release Oliva V Maduros, and an '06 GOF.

that was a good day.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    got one now... ask and ye shall receive!
    and you are too kind
  • Cigar SherlockCigar Sherlock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
    This thread forced me to make a purchase...I blame you all! I posted pics in the "what did you get today" thread. I now own 3 Fuente Fuente XXX Belicoso's...not that rare..but I like the way these little guys present themselves.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Cigar Sherlock:
    This thread forced me to make a purchase...I blame you all! I posted pics in the "what did you get today" thread. I now own 3 Fuente Fuente XXX Belicoso's...not that rare..but I like the way these little guys present themselves.
    They happen to be delicious, as well! Just make sure you give them plenty of rest in the humidor!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I have a few expensive Gurkhas and a few ISOMS.
    Nothing really rare though.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I think the one Gurkha that I have that is rare is probably the Corniche. Have only seen it sold on one site. Also, now that the LXIII Platinum are discontinued I have a few of those left.
    you should send me all those gurkhas and ill keep them very safe for you l;ol
    Sure, no problem. Do you have enough room to house about 200? Between all the Shaggy and Shaggy Maduro, Beast, Beauty, Titan, Titan II, Microbatch, EMpire Series, Signature 101, Centurion, Master select, LXIII Platinum, Royal Rserve, Grand Reserve, Genghis Khan, Doble Maduro, Black Puro, Park Ave, Sherpa and Sherpa Cafe, Nepalese Warrior, Royal Brigade, Regent, Gold, Grand Age, Black Dragon, Triple Ligero, Signature 1887, Turk, Grand Envoy, Legeng, Symphony, Greed Dragon, Dragon Fury, Dragon Fire, Elegance, Holy Grail, Ancient Warrior, Warlord, Corniche, etc... :-)
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    rwheelwright:
    Sure, no problem. Do you have enough room to house about 200? Between all the Shaggy and Shaggy Maduro, Beast, Beauty, Titan, Titan II, Microbatch, EMpire Series, Signature 101, Centurion, Master select, LXIII Platinum, Royal Rserve, Grand Reserve, Genghis Khan, Doble Maduro, Black Puro, Park Ave, Sherpa and Sherpa Cafe, Nepalese Warrior, Royal Brigade, Regent, Gold, Grand Age, Black Dragon, Triple Ligero, Signature 1887, Turk, Grand Envoy, Legeng, Symphony, Greed Dragon, Dragon Fury, Dragon Fire, Elegance, Holy Grail, Ancient Warrior, Warlord, Corniche, etc... :-)
    I think you just made Joey crap himself.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    sightunseen:
    rwheelwright:
    LMFAO!!! We know who to send any unwanted Gurkha's to. WOW...
    sightunseen:
    rwheelwright:
    :-)
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I have a few God of Fire 2006's, opus, Tatuaje Coronju '03, CAO eXtremes, Camacho Liberty 2006's, Hemingway Maduro's in a variety of vitolas, Quesada 35th, Oliva V Maduro, AVO LE08, and that's probably it for rareish.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Hey Wheelie. Do you happen to have the boxes from the Holy Grail or Genghis Kahn and would you be interested in selling/trading them?