Home General Discussion

Rarest Cigar/most expensive cigar in ur humi rightnow?

Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
So I figured I would see what the most expensive cigar in everyones humi is right now.... I have titan2, beast, beuty, legacy warrior, so all around 30 bucks or so

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    A few different Opus X vitolas from last years release, and a couple from this year. I also have a few 2006 GOFs. I guess those are the rarest I have.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Well, I'm a cheapskate, always on the lookout for a bargain. Also, I ahve been married to a formidible bargain hunter for 23+ years, her opinion (which is always valid:)) would be 'why spend a lot of money on something you are going to set on fire?". Note: we DON'T buy fireworks!!!

Anyway, my most expensive cigars are some Partagas serie D Reserva that are quite special and I havn't received them yet, priced at $17.98 a stick, ic. shipping etc.

Next to that are Camacho 1962 Pre-embargo's I got from ccom for $13.32 a stick

Finally, numero tres on my list would be Esteban Carreras Dios Anos priced at $9.02 / stick from a local B&M.

You don't need to spend a lot of money fro a good cigar, I would venture that some of the high priced sticks are over-rated, then I havn't bought any of them, if anyone wnts to send me some expensive sticks to try, they are quite welcome to try to make me a convert :)

• zmcgrewzmcgrew Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    Any chance we could see pics of those? The names make them sound like they're good looking smokes. =)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the rarest cigar i have in y humidor right now is a LFD Maduro Prensado (5.5 x 50)box press. this cigar was a 5 shop release. each shop got 2 boxes.

the next rarest cigar would probably be a Camacho Havana petite. if im not mistaken this vitola has not been produced for about 6 years. the blend is still out there, but not this size.

probably just as rare is a Montecristo Cigare des Arts. this cigar was released in the late 90s. its been discontinued because the Montecristo Platinum replaced this blend in the line up.

I have a few higher end Gurkhas. Crest, Beast, Titan, Genghis Khan, etc...

I have a Liga Privada no.9 flying pig. not TOO rare i suppose but very limited release.

nothing else too rare in there, a few OpusX ( i hesitate to call that rare in my humidor because i have more OpusX than any other cigar ), Anejo, a couple of GoF, Hemmingway Maduro

maybe there are one or two im missing, but thats about it.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    hmmm...I would have to say:

Monticristo 2000 Havanna Torp
    2006 Don Carlito GoF
    12/2009 Padron Family Reserve

I already smoked one of my Padrons...GREAT smoke.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I think it would have to be my Stradivarius and my Padron Hammer
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Mixed Berry Backwoods........
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555

Padron 1926 A
    4 GOF
    Beast
    Centurion - not really rare, but msrp was $30 , now is $20
    Decade - see note above.

Probably my most exclusive is my 4 Oliva V Maduro's from the 1st 08 batch.

• sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Opus X on both counts.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Rarest - Perdomo Edicion de Silvio.
    Most Expensive - 2006 GOF Don Carlito / Ashton VSG / Camacho PE
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I don't have anything rare, but as for expensive, that would be my Anejo, PSD4, and Graycliff Professionale.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Opus X's I just got last week for both categories
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    2004 GOF Carlito - tough to find any 04s anymore. Still have a few 05s as well.

Other than that, I don't think anything I have is that rare that you can't find it anywhere. Opus, Lost City, DC Aniversario, some ISOMs and Gurkha Royal Salutes - all expensive and not the easiest to find, but not that rare. Also have some H. Uppman signature tubos, Camacho San Luis Y Martinez and Perdomo En Vidrio that aren't being made anymore (that I know of).

I was tempted to buy a pre-embargo cuban cigar (not the Camacho PE, but an authentic cuban, pre-Castro) while down in Florida at Corona Cigar, but I think I recall them starting at about $75 and going up to $300 for a single cigar.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    My most expensive would be a box of Padron 1926 80th Anniversary. I've only had one so far, and it was off the charts.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I don't have anything super rare or expensive. That said, I have a Padron 1926 that my brother got me for Christmas. That is probably my most expensive. I do have a couple Graycliff Profesionale Pirates in there too. The are about the same as the Padron for singles, however you can get them for a decent price in promotional packs and whatnot.
  • cprsupermancprsuperman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
    Rarest and most expensive in my humidor is a Partagas 150 Series A. It was gifted to me by a B&M owner when I graduated college. Too bad he is no longer in business. I am saving it for a "special occasion."
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Well not so rare as it was Expensive I had a GOF I traded and then Alex bombed me with a Gurkha Grand Reserve
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    2004 GoF Carlito. I have 3 - 4 of those. A bunch of GoF 2005 both Carlito and Don Carlos, Partagas 150, Don Arturo Gran Aniverxario $60 each (1 each of Sungrown and Natural). Those two are probably my most expensive cigars. I had two VSG rounds but I smoked them. A few Padron Family Reserve 1944 and 1945. A few Opus that were rare like the Magnum. Anejo Sharks, which aren't that rare. A few Between the Lines which also aren't that rare. Don Carlos 30th, which also are not that rare anymore. However, I have had those for approx 3 years. I think that is it for me.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    cprsuperman:
    Rarest and most expensive in my humidor is a Partagas 150 Series A. It was gifted to me by a B&M owner when I graduated college. Too bad he is no longer in business. I am saving it for a "special occasion."
    There is half a box of the 150 Cifuentes special at my local JRs. THey are $100 a piece and are in coffins. I so want them but I'm not dishing out $100. They had two boxes but now are down to about a half a box.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Fuente Fuente Opus X, GoF Carlito 06.
    i guess i end up smoking the rare ones, LFD DL Maduro Chisel, Serie V Maduro 09, Litto Gomez Diez Chisel.
    if ISOM's are rare, then I guess there's those as well.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I don't have anything too rare. Most expensive would be 80th Year Maduro and 45th Year Family Reserve from Padron, lots of OpusX, Anejos, GoF, Don Carlos Edition de Anniversary 2007. A couple ISOMs, but nothing "rare" by any means.

Edit: oh! How about this for rare! cigar.com forum blend maduro and sumatra! ha! I think I have one left of each.
    TatuajeVI:
    Edit: oh! How about this for rare! cigar.com forum blend maduro and sumatra! ha! I think I have one left of each.
    i have a few of those left as well.
    soon ill be adding in Alex's personal secret blend.
  • TokinstogieTokinstogie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    Hm, Good question, I built the super secret humi about 10 years ago, it holds about 400 sticks with no trays or dividers. It's been full for about six years and I don't recall seeing whats on the bottom for at least 7 years. I was realy into the fancy smancy stuff back then so there must be some...ah...er.....mmm....ah.......I don't have a clue but ,I'll bet it's some good stuff.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    I suppose it would have to be the Gurkha Titan for both most expensive AND rarest - Titan II's are getting harder & harder to find too, especially at prices that dont produce a cardiac incident!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I don't have anything I consider rare or hard to find. Some OpusX, GoF, Partagas & Sancho Panza ISOMs would be about the closest, but those are pretty common except for maybe the ISOMs. As far as most expensive, I don't have anything real pricey since I'm a bit of a deal hound. Even my expensive sticks I didn't really pay a lot for. It'd probably be a Padron '64, or an Avo LE10 I guess.
  • TokinstogieTokinstogie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    Hm, Good question, I built the super secret humi about 10 years ago, it holds about 400 sticks with no trays or dividers. It's been full for about six years and I don't recall seeing whats on the bottom for at least 7 years. I was realy into the fancy smancy stuff back then so there must be some...ah...er.....mmm....ah.......I don't have a clue but ,I'll bet it's some good stuff.
    The Sniper:
    I suppose it would have to be the Gurkha Titan for both most expensive AND rarest
    aint payback a ***?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Partegas 150's, Padron 1926's, AF Anejo's & opus x's, GOF's, and a few other goodies.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    I have about 7 Titan 2's and got them at a insane price i must add lol