Home General Discussion

Saturday deal?

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    I surely didn't mean to start anything. As I said, I just didn't want to jump on any other deals before seeing if there was a Saturday deal. As said by multiple people, it could have been a limited time deal, and that's fine, they were great deals. If Kelly has them in the future, I look forward to em. I appreciate them taking time to extend these deals.

Kelly/Tim/Alex, keep up the great work.
  • edhedh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    The Sniper:
    edh:
    ENFIDL et al:

It's obvious you didn't understand a word I said. There was an outburst early in the thread (not by me), and I made a few comments about why it happened and how it could be avoided.

There was then a conversation that expanded to the notion that buying cigars in the forum was some sort of privilege, and the same rules of retail didn't apply. While some guys might be OK with that, some others are not. CCOM works hard on customer service because that's good business. Again, I was just pointing that out.

Most customers don't speak up when their unhappy--they just go away. No doubt Kelly we see this thread on Monday, and she will see that communication is important if she wants to get the max out her Saturday deals. Long-term, that could help Kelly's sales by making her a more savvy social marketeer.

Last I heard, this was a forum to express points of view, and I'm entitled to mine. How about respecting the spirit of a forum by turning the siren off your wahbulance.
    It seems from the reaction you're getting, the only one who is understanding a word you said is you. It seems that everyone else here was under the impression Kelly & CCom were getting a dissertation on customer service that they really didnt need or deserve.

No doubt Kelly will see this thread on Monday. Hopefully what she will see is that we appreciate it when she hooks us up with a special deal every once in a while when she doesnt have to.

Like me, you are certainly entitled to your view. If my dissertation, as you put it, was without merit, then this thread shouldn't have started in the first place.

I'm sure Alex & Company would agree that they want to do everything reasonably possible to avoid an unhappy customer. Judging from one of the early posts, at least one CCOM customer walked away upset. A few more walked away a bit disappointed. You can choose to ignore it, but that doesn't change it. Hopefully, they'll all be back soon. Hopefully, this thread will help CCOM avoid the problem in the future.
  • edhedh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    cholmes8310:
    I surely didn't mean to start anything. As I said, I just didn't want to jump on any other deals before seeing if there was a Saturday deal. As said by multiple people, it could have been a limited time deal, and that's fine, they were great deals. If Kelly has them in the future, I look forward to em. I appreciate them taking time to extend these deals.

No worries. You didn't start anything. Some folks on this forum just have a problem with constructive criticism.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    I was pretty bummed when I didn't see a daily deal happening in this thread, but at least I got to see a couple car crashes :) We have a daily deal every day. If it sells out, a new one usually appears. Kelly's Saturday deals are just icing on the cake. If anyone REALLY needs that extra sugar on top, call in. Ccom takes care of business, and will hook you up. Anyways, we all love cigars. In the words of the enlightened Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" :P Thank you my fellow Brothers.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    It amazes me how much heat the staff at Cigar.com catch. They are far and away the most customer service oriented online retailers I know of. They give us a daily deal that is most often outstanding; they give us a weekend deal every weekend that is always a great value; Tim B. will pop up on the forum at random with a pretty good deal; now for two or three weeks in a row Kelly has offered a deal on Saturday's. Not to mention that you can call the store and they will most often hook you up with deals not advertised on te web site.

The fact that people want to complain about a deal that wasn't offered is unreal.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    jpclotfelter:
    It amazes me how much heat the staff at Cigar.com catch. They are far and away the most customer service oriented online retailers I know of. They give us a daily deal that is most often outstanding; they give us a weekend deal every weekend that is always a great value; Tim B. will pop up on the forum at random with a pretty good deal; now for two or three weeks in a row Kelly has offered a deal on Saturday's. Not to mention that you can call the store and they will most often hook you up with deals not advertised on te web site.

The fact that people want to complain about a deal that wasn't offered is unreal.
    +1
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Krieg:
    jpclotfelter:

+1

I havent seen this yet, but maybe she just called in sick. Got a cold or the flu........

This is a small busienss and if someone calls in their probably isnt a backup.....on Saturday anyway...

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Maybe I missed something, but I didn't think this would be a every weekend thing. Just when she had a good deal to offer. I never jumped on any of these, but they all seemed really good.

I've worked retail, and now a the main part of my job is customer realations at the compounder I work for. The old saying that the customer is king only goes so far. I see no need for Kelly to let us know if she wasn't going to put up a deal that is not set as a weekly thing. If they stop doing a DD for a day or two because something came up that would be diffrent and I am sure thay would post something, but I never thought this was a weekly thing.

To all the Ccom staff, I have never been happier buying online than at Ccom. We are greatfully that you guys go the extra mile and that keeps us coming back. If a few people stop using the site because of this I know more people will start shopping here.

Thanks again for the deals.
  • ScottUScottU Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 194
    I own 2 separate businesses, and after reading threads like this, I'm so happy that I have the ability to fire my clients...
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    ScottU:
    I own 2 separate businesses, and after reading threads like this, I'm so happy that I have the ability to fire my clients...
    Yeah, if I saw this kind of junk I would just say no more saturday deal ever. I hope thats not the case but that's what I'd do.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    wwestern:
    ScottU:
    Yeah, if I saw this kind of junk I would just say no more saturday deal ever. I hope thats not the case but that's what I'd do.
    What??? I own a business as well. I am kissing my clients a$$es right now because my Service business is feeling the economic woes of our time. I can't afford to lose anymore business for any reason. I wanted to stay out of this one but after reading that you would fire a client; it just blows me away. I guess business must be good for you & thats great. But, I wish I had customers that would go to bat for me like the guys on this thread did for Kelly & CCOM. (I don't mean to take anything away from the great service I have received, just like most of us. I hope to take advantage of a Saturday deal in the future thanks to Kelly's hard work). It is as someone said before, "a business and we pay $$$ for the smokes we buy". (BTW: All this is moot).
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Krieg:
    jpclotfelter:

+1
    +2
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    When Kelly does see this I hope she does realize that we all greatly and sincerely appreciate Cigar.com's Customer Service. The service I have had thus far has been nothing short of spectacular, and these Saturday Deals that Kelly has assembled are just another great aspect of their superior Customer Service!

Thank you to all the staff at Cigar.com, we truly appreciate everything!!
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    fla-gypsy:
    Krieg:
    jpclotfelter:

+1
    +2
    +3
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    KCW:
    wwestern:
    ScottU:
    What??? I own a business as well. I am kissing my clients a$$es right now because my Service business is feeling the economic woes of our time. I can't afford to lose anymore business for any reason. I wanted to stay out of this one but after reading that you would fire a client; it just blows me away. I guess business must be good for you & thats great. But, I wish I had customers that would go to bat for me like the guys on this thread did for Kelly & CCOM. (I don't mean to take anything away from the great service I have received, just like most of us. I hope to take advantage of a Saturday deal in the future thanks to Kelly's hard work). It is as someone said before, "a business and we pay $$$ for the smokes we buy". (BTW: All this is mute).
    It's moot, too ;)
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    One2gofst:
    KCW:
    wwestern:
    ScottU:
    What??? I own a business as well. I am kissing my clients a$$es right now because my Service business is feeling the economic woes of our time. I can't afford to lose anymore business for any reason. I wanted to stay out of this one but after reading that you would fire a client; it just blows me away. I guess business must be good for you & thats great. But, I wish I had customers that would go to bat for me like the guys on this thread did for Kelly & CCOM. (I don't mean to take anything away from the great service I have received, just like most of us. I hope to take advantage of a Saturday deal in the future thanks to Kelly's hard work). It is as someone said before, "a business and we pay $$$ for the smokes we buy". (BTW: All this is mute).
    It's moot, too ;)
    LMAO
    KCW:
    One2gofst:
    KCW:
    wwestern:
    ScottU:
    It's moot, too ;)
    LMAO

No I think what you are looking for is.

"The point is Moo,
    You know like a cow!"

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    edh:
    cholmes8310:

No worries. You didn't start anything. Some folks on this forum just have a problem with constructive criticism.
    Constructive criticism? Really you are trying to pull that? No you are bashing people who have bent over backwards for all of us on here. No the siren is still blaring because you are still in here crying and trying to justify what you said after it backfired in your face. If you have a problem with ccom or the staff or the members of the forum then you know where the door is.
  • ramundsonjrramundsonjr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1

Kelly asked me "should I post a thread telling the guys I won't be in on Saturday?"

I said "nah, don't worry about it.  enjoy your weekend."  Oops, my bad.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  If we can help in any way, just let us know!

• timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Double oops. 

Kelly asked me "should I post a thread telling the guys I won't be in on Saturday?"

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I can't believe how out of hand this has gotten with guys going back and forth over a cigar deal that no one is obligated to provide. What gets me most is people b!tching there is no Saturday deal when CCom goes above and beyond hooking us up with extra specials and before other customers get the opportunity because we are part of their online community. Some of you are a bunch of ungrateful jerks. I am not naming names or taking anyone's side in this thread so don't jump my butt. Just stating my opinion that lately people have been acting very immaturely here and it is time to grow up.
  • kellygkellyg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 374
    timb:

Double oops. 

Hello everyone! Sorry I was out of the office on Saturday. It was my little brothers graduation party and I couldn't miss that. :) These Saturday deals will keep going so dont worry. :)
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    kellyg:
    timb:

Double oops. 

Hello everyone! Sorry I was out of the office on Saturday. It was my little brothers graduation party and I couldn't miss that. :) These Saturday deals will keep going so dont worry. :)
    Hey Kelly! hope the grad party was awesome! Did he graduate from HS or College?
    illinoisgolf99:
    kellyg:
    timb:

Double oops. 

High School, it was fun but it was weird having off a Saturday. lol
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kellyg:
    illinoisgolf99:
    kellyg:
    timb:

Double oops. 

High School, it was fun but it was weird having off a Saturday. lol
    WB kelly, glad you're back...as you can see, this thread goes to Hell in a handbasket if you're gone! lol
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Krieg:
    jpclotfelter:

+1
    +2 complain about something that was not offered lets ponder that. The complainers are fn idiots.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    No need for you to apologize Kelly. Its great that you offer us these deals but some people dont deserve them =p.
    ramundsonjr:

Yes,
    you should send everyone here who supported you guys a free box of Opus X.
    That will really show the guys who criticized you!

What?

Fourtotheflush:
    ramundsonjr:

Yes,
    you should send everyone here who supported you guys a free box of Opus X.
    That will really show the guys who criticized you!

What?

hahaha
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    JSaint:
    No need for you to apologize Kelly. Its great that you offer us these deals but some people dont deserve them =p.
    +1 No need for Kelly or anyone else at CCom to apologize here. Thanks for all you do!