Home General Discussion

Saturday deal?

cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
Kelly, we going to see a deal today???

Comments

• jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    thats crap no sat. deal for my birthday I may of been able to pull off another purchase for that one
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    cholmes8310:
    yea, I havent gotten an e-mail yet...
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    illinoisgolf99:
    cholmes8310:
    maybe she's got the day off. Was kinda looking forward to it though. Thought it would be a weekly thing.
    cholmes8310:
    illinoisgolf99:
    cholmes8310:
    maybe she's got the day off. Was kinda looking forward to it though. Thought it would be a weekly thing.
    same, they've been pretty good deals too
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Yeah. Usually, their Saturday deals are very much worth it. But if Kelly's got the day off, she does deserve it. She was the only person working last Saturday (and worked the entire Saturday from opening to close).
    wwhwang:
    Yeah. Usually, their Saturday deals are very much worth it. But if Kelly's got the day off, she does deserve it. She was the only person working last Saturday (and worked the entire Saturday from opening to close).
    I agree. She's worked two in a row at least.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Yup, they've been good deals so far. Probably either day off or could possibly be not enough business from them, I didn't bite last week, too low on spare funds at the mo, made a mistake last week and accidently made my truck payment twice! Oh well at least I'm ahead now. I probably wouldn't have biten today either...... but then, depends on the deal :).

• edhedh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    It's definitely not the end of the world, but an announcement would have been the nice (professional) thing to do.
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    I think sometimes we forget to be greatful for what we get. Not trying to be an ass to anyone just trying to bring it back down a notch.
    wwestern:
    I think sometimes we forget to be greatful for what we get. Not trying to be an ass to anyone just trying to bring it back down a notch.
    Some of the reactions to Kelly gone missing this weekend may be a bit over the top, but you have it backwards. CCOM should be grateful for our business (I know they are). Remember, we make CCOM's paychecks possible.

After a month of buildup, Kelly really should have said something. A one line email or a simple announcement in the forum is all that it would haven taken to avoid the disappointment you're seeing.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    edh:
    wwestern:
    Some of the reactions to Kelly gone missing this weekend may be a bit over the top, but you have it backwards. CCOM should be grateful for our business (I know they are). Remember, we make CCOM's paychecks possible.

After a month of buildup, Kelly really should have said something. A one line email or a simple announcement in the forum is all that it would haven taken to avoid the disappointment you're seeing.
    I think it goes both ways. She sets up deals, they get money, we get cigars. I don't think she had a duty to warn us about this, since it was an informal thing on the forums; it wasn't publicly available to the rest of the site. I think it's a reward, not a privilege. Do they profit? Of course, but that doesn't give us the right to complain about it.
    edh:
    wwestern:

i'm not disappointed, well, not really. Just didn't want to jump on anything else until I knew for sure. After about 10:00EST, I figured today wasn't gonna happen. We'll see if they come back with something next week. Hope everyone is having a great saturday.
    betasynn:
    edh:
    wwestern:

I think it goes both ways. She sets up deals, they get money, we get cigars. I don't think she had a duty to warn us about this, since it was an informal thing on the forums; it wasn't publicly available to the rest of the site. I think it's a reward, not a privilege. Do they profit? Of course, but that doesn't give us the right to complain about it.
    Beta's right. Kelly really doesn't even have to do the Saturday deals at all. It was an informal thing to start with and it's not available to anyone that doesn't use the forums. So what if we miss one or two informal deals? No other site does this and no other site gives you great prices if you call or e-mail about other things while you're getting deals.
    betasynn:
    edh:
    wwestern:

The deals are not that exclusive. They are available to anyone who has a CCOM account and takes a few minutes to troll the forums, but that's irrelevant. Reward? Privilege? Really? For what? You make this sound like getting a driver's license. In the end, Kelly is getting paid to sell us cigars. It doesn't matter if she uses a web site pop-up or social networking to get the job done. They are both sales channels. No right to complain? I couldn't disagree with you more. If money is changing hands, I have every right to complain.

The strong CCOM forum is a testament to their effective use of social networking. No company should know better than CCOM that disappearing from your followers is a recipe for disaster. Blank screens drive a lot social networkers nuts. A good example of that was the guy who went ballistic when he didn't get an email response from Kelly (don't know if he actually did or didn't). Over the top? Absolutely, but that's the downside to social networking. After a flap like that, you would think Kelly & Company would have been a little more careful about keeping customers in the loop.

In this thread you see one guy that's definitely torqued, at least one that wasted time checking his email, and a couple who are mildly disappointed. Why go there if you don't have to? A simple message is all that it would have taken. After all, isn't that what great customer service, something that CCOM prides itself on, is all about? And before somebody says it, this is not about whether or not Kelly deserves a day off. That's between her and her boss.

Don't get me wrong. CCOM is my favorite cigar retailer. And while I have a good business relationship with them, that's what it is, a business relationship. As much as I might like it, we ain't drinkin' buddies.
  • Cigar SherlockCigar Sherlock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
    I think we need to just relax..who knows the reasons why we haven't heard anything. Have you thought for once that maybe something happened to her? Hopefully not, but it seems abit selfish to go complaining about an "extra" sale that just wasn't available this time. From what I heard about the two previous deals, she could take a few months off and people should still be happy with what she had offered. Just my 2 cents.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Wow, there sure are some spoiled people on the board here!
    Unthought_Known:
    No kidding, right? lol. If something happened to Kelly, she's in my prayers. If she's taking the day off, she deserves it. This is why I hated working in retail before I enlisted. There's just no pleasing people sometimes. People these days demand to be treated like royalty. Cut a good deal for people a few times, and they feel entitled to it forever.

In any case, Kelly (if you're reading this), we love what you're doing and we appreciate you.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    KELLY... I feel safe to speak for everyone here on ccom boards.
    We love and appreciate the awesome deals you have given us the past few weeks.

And we look forward to the surprises you have for the future.

• docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    edh:
    betasynn:
    edh:
    wwestern:

The deals are not that exclusive. They are available to anyone who has a CCOM account and takes a few minutes to troll the forums, but that's irrelevant. Reward? Privilege? Really? For what? You make this sound like getting a driver's license. In the end, Kelly is getting paid to sell us cigars. It doesn't matter if she uses a web site pop-up or social networking to get the job done. They are both sales channels. No right to complain? I couldn't disagree with you more. If money is changing hands, I have every right to complain.

The strong CCOM forum is a testament to their effective use of social networking. No company should know better than CCOM that disappearing from your followers is a recipe for disaster. Blank screens drive a lot social networkers nuts. A good example of that was the guy who went ballistic when he didn't get an email response from Kelly (don't know if he actually did or didn't). Over the top? Absolutely, but that's the downside to social networking. After a flap like that, you would think Kelly & Company would have been a little more careful about keeping customers in the loop.

In this thread you see one guy that's definitely torqued, at least one that wasted time checking his email, and a couple who are mildly disappointed. Why go there if you don't have to? A simple message is all that it would have taken. After all, isn't that what great customer service, something that CCOM prides itself on, is all about? And before somebody says it, this is not about whether or not Kelly deserves a day off. That's between her and her boss.

Don't get me wrong. CCOM is my favorite cigar retailer. And while I have a good business relationship with them, that's what it is, a business relationship. As much as I might like it, we ain't drinkin' buddies.
    Good evening. Please see my response in general discussion titled Kellys deal dated 7-6. docedwards, aka mr ballistic.
    Cigar Sherlock:
    I think we need to just relax..who knows the reasons why we haven't heard anything. Have you thought for once that maybe something happened to her? Hopefully not, but it seems abit selfish to go complaining about an "extra" sale that just wasn't available this time. From what I heard about the two previous deals, she could take a few months off and people should still be happy with what she had offered. Just my 2 cents.
    Excellent point. I certainly hope that Kelly is OK.
    Unthought_Known:
    By what standard? I owned a retail desert store for four years, and no matter how far I bent over backwards it never seemed to be good enough. It was a vary rare treat to get a customer who was willing to pay for the extra effort and honestly appreciated it. Hey, that's just the nature of retail. The fact that the sales channel is the forum doesn't change that.
    stephen_hannibal:

+1 well said
  • aron325aron325 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 158
    ok just because we didnt get one on one saturday doesnt mean a damn thing. so what? this is a special privelage that we get. what other place do you know that you can call in and say "hey im getting this how bout throwing in something?" and they do it no questions asked. i mean this place is almost too good to be true. i have never seen a place/site like this. if you want a daily deal multiple times a day go somewhere else. what they do for us is way above and beyond what they need to do. not trying to rain on anybodys parade but grow up and stop being selfish. its reasons like this that they will stop doing. they dont want to hear people complain because they didnt do a SPECIAL deal that they DON'T have to do. just drop and wait till next saturday. for all you know she will have two. not saying to do it but it may happen. and i bet she will get on on monday and say something about if not sunday. just calm down and let it be.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    illinoisgolf99:
    stephen_hannibal:

+1 well said
    +2 Well said Stephen.

Goes for everyone else at CCom as well.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:

Couldn't have put it any better brother! Somebody call a wahbulance stat for edh. Its behavior like that that gets them to stop providing us with extra deals and the everyday deals and amazing customer service that CCOM offers us. Be grateful people.
    It sounds like some of the guys sayin' to calm down are the ones that actually need to chill. Yes, great deals are very much appreciated, but since when did they become a privilege? CCOM has some very loyal customers--I'm one of them--but it's still a business. Let's be realistic about that.
    CCom has built that loyalty by treating their customers as they (as fellow cigar lovers) would want to be treated if they were on our end of it. They actually listen to thier customers requests & have time & again bent over backwards to accomidate us. They dont HAVE to do that, which is what makes it a privilege. And yeah, when someone goes out of their way to take care of you like that, it actually DOES make it personal, which is why you are p!ssing people off.

The CCom boards are littered with story after story after story of how CCom PEOPLE have taken care of their customers. Andy D has a thread singing his praises. Tim B regularly e-mails people when he knows their favorite cigars have come in, or are on sale - how is customer service like that NOT personal? You can call the hotline & mention with deals they cut other people months ago as a personal favor & they will do the same for you. Try that with any other retailer and see how far you get.

If you want straight up business for business' sake, merchandise for cash with no regard for customer service, may I suggest you check out Thompson Cigars to see if they have a forum?

• aron325aron325 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 158
    well played sniper well played
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

Couldn't have put it any better brother! Somebody call a wahbulance stat for edh. Its behavior like that that gets them to stop providing us with extra deals and the everyday deals and amazing customer service that CCOM offers us. Be grateful people.
    ENFIDL et al:

It's obvious you didn't understand a word I said. There was an outburst early in the thread (not by me), and I made a few comments about why it happened and how it could be avoided.

There was then a conversation that expanded to the notion that buying cigars in the forum was some sort of privilege, and the same rules of retail didn't apply. While some guys might be OK with that, some others are not. CCOM works hard on customer service because that's good business. Again, I was just pointing that out.

Most customers don't speak up when their unhappy--they just go away. No doubt Kelly we see this thread on Monday, and she will see that communication is important if she wants to get the max out her Saturday deals. Long-term, that could help Kelly's sales by making her a more savvy social marketeer.

Last I heard, this was a forum to express points of view, and I'm entitled to mine. How about respecting the spirit of a forum by turning the siren off your wahbulance.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    So today I was hoping for a Saturday deal but ya know what I think I am still living without it lol. I love how well Kelly and Tim B answer questions but I never expect them to give me a deal that they do. They dont have to give us these great deals. Yes it would cut back on their sales but they could just say screw it and not offer this anymore. The way they treat us makes an amazing difference and it also makes them a very competitive company. For cigars I shop nowhere else other than here and some other site that will remain unnamed. Both for their customer service. Also these deals couldve just been a limited time thing. Who knows but one thing is for sure without these deals CCOM would still be banking off of us because they have made a loyal fan base with quality smokes and customer service.
    edh:
    ENFIDL et al:

It's obvious you didn't understand a word I said. There was an outburst early in the thread (not by me), and I made a few comments about why it happened and how it could be avoided.

There was then a conversation that expanded to the notion that buying cigars in the forum was some sort of privilege, and the same rules of retail didn't apply. While some guys might be OK with that, some others are not. CCOM works hard on customer service because that's good business. Again, I was just pointing that out.

Most customers don't speak up when their unhappy--they just go away. No doubt Kelly we see this thread on Monday, and she will see that communication is important if she wants to get the max out her Saturday deals. Long-term, that could help Kelly's sales by making her a more savvy social marketeer.

Last I heard, this was a forum to express points of view, and I'm entitled to mine. How about respecting the spirit of a forum by turning the siren off your wahbulance.
    It seems from the reaction you're getting, the only one who is understanding a word you said is you. It seems that everyone else here was under the impression Kelly & CCom were getting a dissertation on customer service that they really didnt need or deserve.

No doubt Kelly will see this thread on Monday. Hopefully what she will see is that we appreciate it when she hooks us up with a special deal every once in a while when she doesnt have to.