Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I've got some extra time tonight, so I think I'm gonna attack this Gurkha Warlord that Joe, I think, sent me.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Good man urby. I'm about to head outside with my first Nub, a cameroon 466.

Apparently my memory is failing me, as I had purchased a Nub habano not a cameroon. Well, it was a nice cigar either way. I had expected a bit more duration out of it, as it took about 75 minutes for me to finish, but I can honestly say it was good from start to finish and that's what matters most in my book.
    The Warlord was very good. Details upcoming in my log. Thanks for sending this one, Joe.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it, it makes me happy when I send out a cigar and the person likes it.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Sitting on the front porch balcony with a Padron 3000. 1st barnyard cigar, and it ain't bad!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Lasabar:
    Sitting on the front porch balcony with a Padron 3000. 1st barnyard cigar, and it ain't bad!
    Whatcha' mean barnyard lasabar ?
    I used to smoke Padrons pretty regularly. I don't remember barnyard, but it's been years ago. I need to get some and try 'em again.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I don't remember barnyard out of the padrons either. But other than the 6000 I had the other day its been probably a year, I do remember a swift kick in the pants from most.
    Yeah, they do mean business, don't they?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:

Pre-light the smell was just a sudden rush of the County Fair and the air there. This influenced the whole cigar, may have been in my head, but straw and mud came flashing through my little brain
    Ah. Straw and mud. Yeah, I can see that. When I think of "barnyard," I think of something a good deal less pleasant.
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:

Pre-light the smell was just a sudden rush of the County Fair and the air there. This influenced the whole cigar, may have been in my head, but straw and mud came flashing through my little brain
    Well that sounds very promising actually !
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:

some of the best cubans have a very strong barnyard smell to them.
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:

some of the best cubans have a very strong barnyard smell to them.
    I know but a clean barnyard, straw and grassy.. and not pigs and dungy. I have had that prelight thought before..
    yeah thats what i mean. clean barnyard... not cow ***.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Nothing tonight - it's pouring outside and the thunder is rattling the windows. I've been working the overnight hours; last night it was a 5 Vegas Miami torpedo on the ride home from work at 3AM, finishing it up on the front porch.
  • hoagyhoagy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    hey all, i am new to cigars and cigar.com. so thought i would say hi and i just finished a Macanudo corona i got at the local smoke shop. i started moking cigars about a week ago and am loving it. they are very relaxing and flavorful, if you get a good one. i remember trying cheap ones in high school and it was a huge turn off. but now that i tried some cohibas and this macanudo i think i might be hooked. Hoagy
    hoagy:
    hey all, i am new to cigars and cigar.com. so thought i would say hi and i just finished a Macanudo corona i got at the local smoke shop. i started moking cigars about a week ago and am loving it. they are very relaxing and flavorful, if you get a good one. i remember trying cheap ones in high school and it was a huge turn off. but now that i tried some cohibas and this macanudo i think i might be hooked. Hoagy
    Hey hoagy, From Macanudo to Cohiba. There is a lot to be enjoyed in between.. Hang out here and share your opinions, and cigar talk ( and a lot more sometimes ) .. Great to have you here..Get some samplers and try anything, you will find what you like best.. kas. p.s. never go back to those cheapies again !
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Nothing again tonight gosh darn rain!
    I settled down with a Gurkha Warlord tonight. I wasn't as wowed with it as when I first tried the line, perhaps its a maturing taste. It was good, just not as good as I remember.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    For me it was a CAO CX2 toro. Great construction with a real oily wrapper. I spent the first half trying to decide if I liked it and the second half deciding I liked it a lot. Must try for you cameroon lovers.
    j0z3r:
    I settled down with a Gurkha Warlord tonight. I wasn't as wowed with it as when I first tried the line, perhaps its a maturing taste. It was good, just not as good as I remember.
    Did it smoke surprisingly fast, Joe?
    urbino:
    j0z3r:
    Did it smoke surprisingly fast, Joe?
    Nah, not really. I had my fill after about 5 1/2 inches and it took me 90 minutes for that. So, I'd say it burned a bit faster than normal, but not surprisingly so. Maybe you got a looser roll on yours... I made sure to pick the one that felt most like a dud for you. :)
    No, it wasn't a dud at all. I was just wondering if maybe they rolled them a bit loose intentionally.
    Could just be a degree of variance from one stick to the next. Mine also had a firm draw and I recall you saying your draw was fairly loose. How was your wrapper? Mine had so many problems, cracking all over the place.
    Really? My wrapper was dead perfect. Toothy, but in great condition.

As for the draw, I'm sure it's just variation from one to the next.
    Once I started smoking, all the weak points in the wrapper were exacerbated, cracks became more prevalent, and loose spots began to flake away. They have delicate wrappers, the one I grabbed was a little too delicate I guess, perhaps a bit under humidified as well, it has been quite hot and dry these past few months and its been wreaking havoc with my humidity.
    if i ever move out to a very hot and dry area im gunna have to go with a frigdador, just because of that.
  • dbaileydbailey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    I am going to smoke the Padilla Habano. This is one of my favorites, tonight anyway. I just ordered the Rocky Patel I-Press and some Nubs along with some others, so I can't wait to try those out. Anyone had these yet? If so, let me know what you thought of these two.
    Which Nubs did you order? I like the Cameroon quite a bit. Just ordered a few more, in fact. I was less impressed with the Habano and Connecticut. Haven't had the I-Press.