Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    urbino:
    I've been a bit under the weather for the last couple of days, so nothing for me. Plan to change that tonight, though.
    Lasabar:
    I am on vacation for the next 6 days... and due to cancelled plans I am home alone all week and the girlfriend is out of town!!! I don't know where to begin!
    Um, hookers. Hello?
    That's what all men of class would do.. You see lasabar we have to wait for royalty to show up in order to get the official proclamation....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Had a Sol Cubano maduro robusto as a late afternoon smoke. Nice smoke, good even burn kinda tight draw but the flavors were good enough to overlook that.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Today I started off with a Legends Cusano and had a R&J Viejo for lunch. Tonight was a RP Decade. The R&J was a bit tight, but other than that all three were good. The Decade was exceptional. 2nd one I have had and I look forward to more.
    Well, I finished the night off with a Greycliff Double Espresso, and all I can say is I'm disappointed. For all the hype I've seen about this cigar, I expected a knockout and all I got was a whimper. I don't know if my taste buds are burned out, or maybe I got the occasional "bad one", but this cigar had very little flavor and required more effort than it was worth. I got a fiver on auction for half the retail price, but if this one is indicative of them all, then I wouldn't pay half of that price. Think I'll stick with the Purple Legend when it comes to Greycliff.

last day of vacation :)

Started off with a Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend. This is an excellent cigar. I know a few of you have been talking up Cameroons and this is one you want to try. Can be had for under $2 bucks on auction. Mid-day I had a 5 Vegas Miami and I just finished off the evening with a 5 Vegas Serie A Apex. Love 5 Vegas - both great smokes.

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I had a Gurkha Centurian - as a newbie, I read about this "one puff a minute" rule of thumb. Wow is that hard, especially with a cigar this good. 
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Luko:
    I had a Gurkha Centurian - as a newbie, I read about this "one puff a minute" rule of thumb. Wow is that hard, especially with a cigar this good. 
    yeah.... but worth it. its all about relaxation and forming the patern. once you get into the cigar groove itll come to you naturaly.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    So much to learn...I've never been this excited about education.
    Luko:
    ask. please ask. i love to talk about cigars. i want you to know more. I want you to enjoy life more.
    Luko:
    Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about.!! Except maybe in sixth grade, Miss La Valles Sex education class . That may be number one on the list cigars a close second
    Tonight I had a Padilla Obsidian - great cigar. Recommend it to any maduro fans!
    Good to hear sdip, I've got a bundle resting right now, but I'll be looking to fire one up pretty soon.
  • carmike22carmike22 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    Outside smoking on a Padron 1964 Exclusivo maduro. Awesome cigar!
    Had a couple today. This afternoon I had a Camacho 1962 perfecto. This has become one of my favorite short smokes. Tonight I had a Nub Cameroon 464. First nub for me and I really enjoyed it - very flavorful.
    sdip:
    Had a couple today. This afternoon I had a Camacho 1962 perfecto. This has become one of my favorite short smokes. Tonight I had a Nub Cameroon 464. First nub for me and I really enjoyed it - very flavorful.
    That exact stick is my favorite of the Nub line I had one Friday night..
    i had a ****** ****** today. i cant show you what it is because i cataloged it and that means that it is part of my 1000th post contest. at the time that i made the contest I wasnt sure what (of two) cigars that i was gunna review. now i know but ill accept either one if guessed.

BTW, if you arent in on the contest yet go. time is running out.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Yesterday, I had an Oliva Serie O maduro, and a 5 Vegas Gold. My taster still isn't quite right from this cold, but what I got from the Oliva was all spice, which made it a little too sharp for my liking. The 5 Vegas was smooth and mild; can't say I tasted anything in particular, but it was pleasant and it burned beautifully.
    urbino:
    Yesterday, I had an Oliva Serie O maduro, and a 5 Vegas Gold. My taster still isn't quite right from this cold, but what I got from the Oliva was all spice, which made it a little too sharp for my liking. The 5 Vegas was smooth and mild; can't say I tasted anything in particular, but it was pleasant and it burned beautifully.
    i hate it when i cant taste my cigars. I choose to wait till i can taste again. otherwise i feel it is a waste of fine tobacco.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Yea that does suck urbs. I'm not sure what I'm gonna have tonight, thinking of plling another from the well aged list.
    Yeah, but it'd already been nearly a week since my last stogie. I was starting to miss our together time.
    urbino:
    Yeah, but it'd already been nearly a week since my last stogie. I was starting to miss our together time.
    Yeah that reminds me of the " layoff time " after my kids were born.. I'm sorry for you !
    Tatuaje Black. Hmmmm not quite the powerhouse I expected but none the less a quality stick. I've been trying to get my hands on one of these FOREVER. Got three today and couldn't resist smoking one immediately, one will get lit up in a few weeks and one will age.
    Tonight I did a Gran Habano 3 Siglos and all I can say is wow! This cigar had a great draw, great construction and plenty of smoke. This was one potent stick - very strong. Normally I am a medium type, but this one was incredible. Glad I have a few more.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    madurofan:
    Tatuaje Black. Hmmmm not quite the powerhouse I expected but none the less a quality stick. I've been trying to get my hands on one of these FOREVER. Got three today and couldn't resist smoking one immediately, one will get lit up in a few weeks and one will age.
    FOREVER huh???? They haven't been out for a year yet, but you have been searching FOREVER. J/K, I am actually trying to find a place locally that has them. At over $10/stick, I can't buy more than one at a time.
    I had a Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real toro tonight, a pretty decent cigar I must say. Had a nuttiness to it that I found to be pretty nice.
    vankleekkw:
    madurofan:
    FOREVER huh???? They haven't been out for a year yet, but you have been searching FOREVER. J/K, I am actually trying to find a place locally that has them. At over $10/stick, I can't buy more than one at a time.
    LMAO well it felt like forever. Unless you got on the list for a jar no one will let you buy more than 3.
    j0z3r:
    I had a Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real toro tonight, a pretty decent cigar I must say. Had a nuttiness to it that I found to be pretty nice.
    I've yet to be let down by one of those, Joe.

Last night was a Sherpa night for me. I first grabbed an RP Sun Grown, but after clipping it I noticed the wrapper was damaged and coming loose, about halfway up the cigar. I wasn't up for a high-maintenance smoke, so I put it back for another day.
    sdip:
    Tonight I did a Gran Habano 3 Siglos and all I can say is wow! This cigar had a great draw, great construction and plenty of smoke. This was one potent stick - very strong. Normally I am a medium type, but this one was incredible. Glad I have a few more.
    Hey sdip.. I agree with that one . I reallly enjoyed the 3 Singlos a lot.. It was a new cigar to me and I got it based on a recomendation by a c.com staff member. What a great find for me.. I will get more next time I order.
    Tonight was a Ccom Brazilian Churchill. This was a spicy number and fairly potent. Overall, a great deal at just over $1/stick.