Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if i did then i wouldnt be posting as much because my wife would have murdered me.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    LOL, that would definetly put a dampering on the posting. Speaking of which its about time for your 1000th!
    almost. i still have no prize to give out. and im working on questions...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j0z3r:
    I'm looking forward to trying the Sherpa.after seeing all the praise from you and kas. Should be getting my bundle tomorrow, so maybe I'll spark one up next week... I stole a box of the Graycliff Legend on auction too, so I've got that to look forward to :) Oh happy days.
    Yo' Joe Those are two that I am consistantly pleased with.. I hope you have a similar experience.!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    I'm looking forward to trying the Sherpa.after seeing all the praise from you and kas. Should be getting my bundle tomorrow, so maybe I'll spark one up next week... I stole a box of the Graycliff Legend on auction too, so I've got that to look forward to :) Oh happy days.
    Yo' Joe Those are two that I am consistantly pleased with.. I hope you have a similar experience.!
    I hope so too. I've had one of the Graycliffs and it was enough to tell me I wanted more. and, well, the Sherpas are inexpensive enough that if I don't like em I'll give them to my friends or something... or trade them on here for better cigars :D.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Per my other post, it is time to reaqquaint myself with all things Camerroon, so my last CAO Camerroon with a Tanq and Tonic :D
    In continuing with my Cusano P1 week, tonight I settled down with the Cafe Robusto vitola, which is a 5 x 38 as I recall... is that like a petite lancero? In any event, I enjoyed this one as well. It had a pretty good draw a bit on the loose side, dead even burn and good flavor, although this one was more straight forward than the corona, with the dominant flavor being leather with a cocoa undertone. This one also carried a bit more strength, probably due to its smaller ring size I guess. It did tend to burn a little on the hot side, but was not harsh or bitter in the least. All told, a good little smoke.

Joe.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I'm not sure what a 5x38 would normally be called, Joe. I was gonna say corona, but then you said you'd already smoked the corona.

Having discovered that I already smoked the Oliva G Cameroon, I've decided to continue the Cameroon theme anyway and have . . . a Hemingway!
    urbino:
    I'm not sure what a 5x38 would normally be called, Joe. I was gonna say corona, but then you said you'd already smoked the corona
    Its actually a 5 x 36 after doing some checking.

A Hemingway you say? Jolly good idea mate.
    And how, buddy. Such a good cigar.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    All the talk about the Monte Media Noche had me try one last night. Just got them in the mail, so no resting. Great taste and construction - draw was a bit tight.
    I had a Cusano P1 robusto tonight.... almost done with P1 week, I'll cap it off tomorrow with the Churchill.The robsuto was pleasant, had a nice flavor profile, I picked up cocoa, leather, light wood, and a slightly sweet nuttiness. Construction was pretty good, burn was dead even and the draw had that perfect amount of resistance to keep the cigar from smoking itself. So far I'm liking this line quite a bit.

Joe
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I just lit up a Graycliff Espresso PG Robusto. I snagged a sweet deal on a fiver at auction. It's not something I would pay list price for.

I'm only about an inch in, but it seems they aren't kidding around when they say its the fullest bodied blend they make.
    Tonight I had a Camacho 1962 perfecto. It was super - full of flavor for a short smoke. Liked it better  than the larger one I had a few weeks ago.
    Scrambler:
    I just lit up a Graycliff Espresso PG Robusto. I snagged a sweet deal on a fiver at auction. It's not something I would pay list price for.

I'm only about an inch in, but it seems they aren't kidding around when they say its the fullest bodied blend they make.
    I won some of the Double Espresso on auction last week for about 50% off retail. I'm looking to fire one of those up this weekend... those cigars look so good, I had to take a bite out of one just to make sure it was tobacco.
    I'm getting an even later than usual start, so I think I'll smoke this little Oliva Serie O perfecto. See you cats on the other side.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    j0z3r:
    those cigars look so good, I had to take a bite out of one just to make sure it was tobacco.
    I agree, they look great, but this was a huge dissapointment. I'm not going to write them off, because it's quite possible that the problem were related to the ambient humidity (~85%), but the cigar put itself out several times. Not from lack of puffing, I would puff, then 30 seconds later the cigar would be cold. There were some great aromas when it was burning, but the predominant flavor for most of it could be described as "stale ash tray". The stick had been resting for over 2 weeks in my humi at a nice 68%.

I know how important humidity is for storing, but I don't know how much difference the outside humidity makes when actually smoking...
    Hey, this little guy was right tasty. And the construction was terrific: perfect draw, and no burn issues. That's pretty good stuff for a perfecto. Recommended.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Gurkha Legend perfecto. Hmmm, more in the ratings and reviews.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Oliva Serie G Cameroon Toro

RRS = Mmmm :D

My Cameroon kick is paying dividends
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:
    those cigars look so good, I had to take a bite out of one just to make sure it was tobacco.
    I agree, they look great, but this was a huge dissapointment. I'm not going to write them off, because it's quite possible that the problem were related to the ambient humidity (~85%), but the cigar put itself out several times. Not from lack of puffing, I would puff, then 30 seconds later the cigar would be cold. There were some great aromas when it was burning, but the predominant flavor for most of it could be described as "stale ash tray". The stick had been resting for over 2 weeks in my humi at a nice 68%.

I know how important humidity is for storing, but I don't know how much difference the outside humidity makes when actually smoking...
    If your ambient humidity is really high, then I'd imagine it could very well affect the cigar. I tried to smoke a cigar in a hot tub and it promptly put itself out.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Had an Oliva V tonight although it is hot and muggy out. It was worth sitting though the misarable weather and soaking my shirt.
    It was a CAO day for me. This morning I had a CAO Gold robusto. Great flavor and great burn with lots of smoke. Tonight I tried a CAO Brazilia - first one and I will have more. This was an excellent smoke.
    i like the brazilia. I LOVE the Italia.
    I tried an Italia last weekend, the novella, and I found it to be quite a nice little smoke. I still have yet to try a Brazilia, but my track record with CAO has been good so far, so I've got hopes for it.

As for what I'm smoking tonight, well tonight I finished off my Cusano P1 week in grand style with the churchill. I think this vitola offers up the best construction in the line with a perfect burn, excellent draw and nice cool smoke down to the last couple inches. And this offered up some nice complexity as well as it progressed through a few flavor phases. It started very light in both flavor and body with a subtle hint of cocoa and sweet cedar. About 2 inches in the cigar came to life putting out some stronger woody flavors with just a touch of pepper. By the halfway point the wood had given way to a pleasant nuttiness with a leather undertone, and the leather really took over in the last third bringing with it a more pronounced peppery spice. I burned this one for just about 2 hours and took it down to the last inch, quite enjoyable. Consider me a fan on the P1 line.

Joe
    I had a Cusano churchill, too. The 18 Double Connecticut. It was a solid cigar. Nothing incredibly attention-getting, but solid, and it burned well, with a draw just on the tight side. "Cubanesque," I suppose.
    Today was a Gurkha day. This morning I did a Nepalese Warrior and I just finished a Legend Anniversario Churchill. Both smokes were good - I especially enjoyed the Legend. I'm on vacation this week in NC, and well stocked with smokes. Expect to do two or three a day and looking forward to it.
    urbino:
    I had a Cusano churchill, too. The 18 Double Connecticut. It was a solid cigar. Nothing incredibly attention-getting, but solid, and it burned well...
    this is a cigar that i reccomend to golfers all the time. there are NEVER any burn or draw issues and its easy to smoke and still have your head in the game.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    sdip:
    Today was a Gurkha day. This morning I did a Nepalese Warrior and I just finished a Legend Anniversario Churchill. Both smokes were good - I especially enjoyed the Legend. I'm on vacation this week in NC, and well stocked with smokes. Expect to do two or three a day and looking forward to it.
    The legend is what drew me back to cigar smoking 6 months ago.
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    I had a Cusano churchill, too. The 18 Double Connecticut. It was a solid cigar. Nothing incredibly attention-getting, but solid, and it burned well...
    this is a cigar that i reccomend to golfers all the time. there are NEVER any burn or draw issues and its easy to smoke and still have your head in the game.
    Sounds like a good recommendation to me, kuz. The slightly tight draw would keep the cigar from, as someone around here said the other day, "smoking itself" too much whilst the owner was seeing to his putt.