Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    It's probably that time...same to you..
  • MrJesse34MrJesse34 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7

kaspera79:
    Mr Jesse .... The 5 vegas I have had were all great, that really surprises me that you got some sick sticks.. I also LOVE the Torano Signature, I sure hope this one is more pleasant. Keep checking out different stuff, you will find your own favorites too...

The 5 vegas classics were the ones that seemed bad to me when I smoked them.

I had a chance to smoke two of the toranos last night - one while fishing, another on a long car ride.  I had a signature while fishing, and it was really fantastic.  Great taste, exactly what I expected from a Torano.  On the car ride, I had an Exodus 1916.  It was very strong, and it didn't have that great of a taste.  It was box pressed - I likened it to a worse tasting Rocky Patel.  Definitely not my favorite - I'll be saving the other ones for when friends come over!

• MrJesse34MrJesse34 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7

kuzi16:
    urbino:

I just finished off a Gurkha Centurian -- my first Gurkha. It was okay, but it didn't inspire me to make a spot for more in my humidor.
    im a huge fan of the centurian. i was quite impressed with it whenever i smoked them. it has been a while and i have a few in my humidor. maybe ill give one another look.

I was really pleasantly surprised by the Black Dragon too, I smoked my first one about 2 weeks ago.

• Raziel66Raziel66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16

I agree, the Black Dragon is a good cigar. That was my first Gurkha about a month ago. Very smooth, nice even burn, good flavoring. I went and bought a couple other Gurkha's the other day.

Tonight I am going to smoke a Culebra cigar from Drew Estate. Should be an interesting experience.

The Carlos Torano Signature is a cigar I always have on hand.. I really like that one. And, for the price it can be an everyday smoke for many who also enjoy quality..Not a big fan of the exodus, but if it shows up in a sampler I will smoke it.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I think I'm gonna go out and have a Nub Cameroon Torpedo, and maybe something else, later tonight.
  • Raziel66Raziel66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    "Tonight I am going to smoke a Culebra cigar from Drew Estate."

Just kidding. I opened the humidor and I did not want to untie the Culebra. Looks too cool with all three bound together. Ended up smoking one of those Shaggy Gurkha cigars. Not bad. Definitely medium bodied. Just had a storm today though and the humidty levels wreaked havoc on the wrapper  :(
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Settled down with my trusty glass of ice water and a torpedo from a local roller. I've had one before and was stunned with it, so needless to say I was looking forward to the second and it did not disappoint. The cigar starts off mild with good flavor, lightly woody with a hint of vanilla and some mild floral nuances. It builds steadily to a solid medium body and picks up a light bit of spice towards the end and finishes in grand fashion. Thankfully I've got more than just one now... I could see this being an everyday kind of cigar. Two thumbs way up on this one.

Joe
    Lucky duck.

The Nub Cameroon was a nice little mild-medium smoke. Definitely more flavor than the Connecticut. I could find myself making room for a few of these for those short-smoke occasions.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    For me it was a Partagas Spanish Rosado. Nice cigar - little spicy
    My second smoke of the evening was a Gurkha Sherpa. Absolutely delicious. Hurry out and get some for your own self. You'll thank me for it.
    Hey urbino, isn't that the best two bucks you ever spent ? I couldn't believe the the bang for the buck. Sherpa is a good one..
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    kaspera79:
    Hey urbino, isn't that the best two bucks you ever spent ? I couldn't believe the the bang for the buck. Sherpa is a good one..
    I've really got to get some of these Sherpa's to try, but I've already spent $375 on cigars and paraphernalia this month... Kinda snuck up on me... "Ooh, thats a good deal and I wanted to try that anyway (click)". I just didn't realize how many times I clicked until it was too late.
    Scrambler:
    kaspera79:
    I've really got to get some of these Sherpa's to try, but I've already spent $375 on cigars and paraphernalia this month... Kinda snuck up on me... "Ooh, thats a good deal and I wanted to try that anyway (click)". I just didn't realize how many times I clicked until it was too late.
    Yes it is, kas. And, Scrambler, I think we've all been there. I know I have.
    I've had to put myself on a tight leash due to my somewhat compulsive buying habits. I think you're in pretty good company Scrambler, as it seems very few people here have that little thing called self control :), I know I sure don't, my willpower crumbles like a house of cards in a hurricane when I visit ccom.

Just finished with an Oliva Serie O maduro torpedo. What can I say?, this is just another Oliva that I'm impressed with. The cigar is fairly strong, but I think the maduro wrapper helps to balance out its strength with a bit of smooth character. I have exactly two complaints about this cigar, the draw was a bit tighter than i like and the burn would not stay even, possibly due to how tightly wrapped it was. Neither of those negatives, however, would keep me from smoking this one again. I found it to be fairly complex, starting out with flavors of espresso and cocoa and building into a fuller body with a developing spice, and I'd swear I got some hints of nuts in there as well. Smoking time was about 100 minutes.

All in all, I'd give this particular cigar 8.5/10 due to the minor flaws present, still a wonderful smoke that I'll be coming back to in the future.

Joe
    Started out w a Back Pearl Rojo robusto. Great construction and burn - good cigar. Tried a Limitada 06 later today and found it interesting, Bought a box and am going to let the rest sit for awhile. Finished the night w a RP OSG - this has become one of my favorites. Probably need to get some more- since they are a close-out (or so they say).
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I usually pair good beer and good cigars... No cigar for me today so I'm just pounding away the Miller Lite... good enough (once you've had enough!)
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Scrambler:
    I've already spent $375 on cigars and paraphernalia this month...
    I forgot, I signed up for the CCOM COTMC this month, so that puts me over $400 this month. Damn, and I'm supposed to be saving money to spend in Hawaii next month. Guess thats why I'm working two jobs.

Anyway, tonight it was a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. Great taste, but this one had some burn problems in the last half. Probably because of the nasty 93% humidity at the moment.
    Super cigar day for me. Started off with a RP Olde World Reserve and had a Cusano Sungrown this afternoon. Both were fantastic! Tonight I had a Legends DPG. Started out great and ended up pretty good. So far, my favorite Legends has been the Cusano with the Matasa a close second.
    I had an R&J Viejo tonight. A nice smoke, but not as flavorful as others I've had recently.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Urby,
    IMHO R&J are only a step above Macanudo. They're very consistent and actually have some flavor but its going to be a simple cigar.
    sdip:
    Super cigar day for me. Started off with a RP Olde World Reserve and had a Cusano Sungrown this afternoon. Both were fantastic! Tonight I had a Legends DPG. Started out great and ended up pretty good. So far, my favorite Legends has been the Cusano with the Matasa a close second.
    DPG... What do you mean ? I'm not that quick today.. But, TRY the Graycliff actually the entire line is worth at least one try of each. Perdoma was a memorable one as well..
    madurofan:
    Urby,
    IMHO R&J are only a step above Macanudo. They're very consistent and actually have some flavor but its going to be a simple cigar.
    Maddy ...My words exactly.. Very mild, dependable and straight forward.. Kind of " old School " not bad, just not a knock out ..
    kas, DPG= Don Pepin Garcia
    j0z3r:
    Thank you, I don't always catch all the text talk... That one didn't really impress me, perhaps it's time to try again.
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Urby,
    Maddy ...My words exactly.. Very mild, dependable and straight forward.. Kind of " old School " not bad, just not a knock out ..
    Yeah, that's been my experience thus far. The Reserva Real was tasty, but simple. The Viejo had more character, but a little less overall flavor, I thought.
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Thank you, I don't always catch all the text talk... That one didn't really impress me, perhaps it's time to try again.
    On the topic of Pepin Garcia, have you tried the Cuban Classic? I enjoyed the heck out of that one, and my mouth waters a bit when I think about it.
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    On the topic of Pepin Garcia, have you tried the Cuban Classic? I enjoyed the heck out of that one, and my mouth waters a bit when I think about it.
    Why, yes I have and that is a pretty nice smoke as you mentioned.. His cigars tend to be on the full bodied side which is where I find myself more often recently.

The DPG was good,  but I thought it would be better. Heard great things about the Graycliff - look forward to trying.

I have had a couple of the viejos. One was very flavorful, the other was jsut ok. Guess I need to have a 3rd to break the tie