Home General Discussion

Smoke The Revolution.....

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
Buddy of mine just launched his own line of cigars and his new website. While I won't disrespect cigar.com and post his website on here, I just had to share this with you guys. This "Manifesto" is actually typed nicely on on of the first pages in his website and I thought it was brilliant and wanted to share it with you guys on here. Enjoy.

The 262 Manifesto

Ever since the first cigars were crafted, they have been a creation aimed at, among other things, easing the troubled minds of hard workers and weary travelers. Cigars celebrate the great and memorable moments in our time; they create bonds between men and women of every creed and stature that often last a lifetime.

In recent years, a faction has risen against the principles and lifestyles of our beloved pastime. Although shallow and often deceitful in reason and claim, this bastion has gained significant notoriety and influence within the corridors of power. For this reason, we are compelled to address these issues and those behind them with like force and in a manner most true. We must be steadfast in order to keep the freedoms and rights that we still possess and, God willing, to win back those that we have lost with respect to the consideration of our neighbor.

Let us be clear. We love our country. The United States of America is our beloved home. We believe it is the greatest nation on the planet. We, in no way intend to defame our country, nor do we seek to incite riot or treason. Our only goal is to illuminate the irrational and unconstitutional laws being passed into legislation by those that claim to uphold the principles found in this nation’s founding document and restore the freedoms so hastily and wrongfully removed.

We hold to the ideals that as adults, and with an understanding of the risks involved with tobacco products, we have the right to choose to smoke cigars. Further, that as a legal product, cigars should not be targeted for excessive taxation by the government; that a legal product enjoyed by consenting adults should not ever be banned from use at home, outdoors, or at privately-owned establishments that choose to allow cigars to be smoked on their premises. We maintain that privately-owned establishments have the right to choose for themselves whether or not to allow cigars to be smoked on their premises. We hold to the truth that if any form of government moves to infringe on and/or abolish the rights of cigar smokers, or to severely restrict, with extreme prejudice, the manner or form in which we enjoy cigars and the locations in which we may enjoy them; then it is the right, and more importantly the responsibility of the people, namely cigar enthusiasts, to peaceably and lawfully stand up against these restrictions in order to set right the balance between cigar smokers and the non-smoking public. This balance includes the mutual respect displayed and acted out toward each other with regard for the choices, health and recreation of all.

We have all witnessed the abuse of power by those that should defend us; be it at the local, state or federal levels. They seek to place undue blame and unconstitutional restrictions on the loyal population of cigar enthusiasts.

The government has imposed unfair and increasingly higher taxes on cigars and restrictive smoking bans in order to raise money for their own programs. They advance this agenda while tightening the noose on small business owners and middle class workers alike. These taxes and smoking bans are just a few examples of the many devices being imposed that are destroying jobs, lowering incomes, and ultimately crippling our economy.

Furthermore, there are many tainted and manipulated scientific test results and research findings regarding the harmful effects of cigar tobacco. These questionable results are then used to confuse the public, and to allow the aforementioned taxes and laws to go into effect. These legislations and taxes imposed on cigar smokers are based on falsified reports, not truth.

Although numerous attempts have been made to reach an adequate and satisfactory compromise with lawmakers, our politeness and light-footed steps have been futile. We are now well past the time for a stronger stance in the matter. Our voices must be heard. Our goals must be accomplished, not solely for the sake of our immediate cause, but for the many other liberties which are, even now, hanging in the balance. Our guards, it seems, have taken it upon themselves to oversee not only our political affairs and national safety, but also the most basic activities of our daily lives. We must be vigilant, for even our coveted constitution is being examined for the purposes of repudiation.

This is a statement of intent, a call to action. Those who currently sit in executive, political office seem to believe that they can regulate our every decision. But, amidst the draconian rules and their shallow intentions; underneath the turmoil and anger of the once revered connoisseurs of our beloved leaf; there brews a Revolution! An uprising of global proportions is stirring and its proponents will be silent no more.

Join ranks with the brothers and sisters of the underground, comrades of fine, hand-rolled cigars. Unite and overcome.

Smoke the Revolution.

If you wish to see it for yourself on the website, pm me and I'll send you the link. Cheers.

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Jsnake reps for these guys, right?
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    TatuajeVI:
    Jsnake reps for these guys, right?
    Really??? Is that who jsnake is working for? That's awesome.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Yup, he's been doing a LOT of work for these guys, really blowing up their presence in his area. I think he has at least 2 signed contracts so far, and some events coming up as well. He and I have discussed it quite a bit, and I'm hoping to do some work for 262 myself in my area. I guess we'll see how things progress eh?
    That's awesome. Clint is a really good friend of my family. He's a really good guy and I'm glad he has some good people working to make this a success for him. After all he's been through with his previous business partner, he's certainly due some success this year. Now that he has a cigar line, I think I'll offer to throw a fantasy football game this year in exchange for some stoagies. 2-0 against him this year! LOL.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Yeah man I am a rep for 262 Cigars. If you do a search in the review section you can see my opinion on the cigars before I signed a contract with them. I touched it up and it was posted on www.thecigarnut.com as a guest review. (My next review will be posted tonight by the way) The website is www.smoketherevolution.com

Clint is a great guy and I really believe in him and the other owners. We have a solid cigar and future. Our branding and marketing is brilliant IMO. I am very excited about these cigars and this company. We have merchandise coming out and our 2nd blend has been selected for our mild cigar which is planned for a summer release.

I have accounts in New York and Kansas City so far. Other reps have accounts in Florida and Texas. That is only 2 weeks after launch!! I have a Microbrew Fest with 10,000 people attending as my first event. I also have a wine and cigar store grand opening scheduled.

Seriously guys go to the website and check them out. To be fair to Ccom they will not be offered online after we take down the limited offer to buy directly from us. This is going to be a strictly B&M stick for now. I really want you guys to try these. Don't miss my 1000th post giveaway so you can win a sample!

If you work at a B&M or know someone who owns one please PM me some leads. Heck PM me your favorite B&M if you want. I would love to get these in your area. So far the feedback has been phenomenal. I have impressed many B&M owners who weren't expecting such quality and such a great cigar from a new start up company.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    jsnake:
    Yeah man I am a rep for 262 Cigars. If you do a search in the review section you can see my opinion on the cigars before I signed a contract with them. I touched it up and it was posted on www.thecigarnut.com as a guest review. (My next review will be posted tonight by the way) The website is www.smoketherevolution.com

Clint is a great guy and I really believe in him and the other owners. We have a solid cigar and future. Our branding and marketing is brilliant IMO. I am very excited about these cigars and this company. We have merchandise coming out and our 2nd blend has been selected for our mild cigar which is planned for a summer release.

I have accounts in New York and Kansas City so far. Other reps have accounts in Florida and Texas. That is only 2 weeks after launch!! I have a Microbrew Fest with 10,000 people attending as my first event. I also have a wine and cigar store grand opening scheduled.

Seriously guys go to the website and check them out. To be fair to Ccom they will not be offered online after we take down the limited offer to buy directly from us. This is going to be a strictly B&M stick for now. I really want you guys to try these. Don't miss my 1000th post giveaway so you can win a sample!

If you work at a B&M or know someone who owns one please PM me some leads. Heck PM me your favorite B&M if you want. I would love to get these in your area. So far the feedback has been phenomenal. I have impressed many B&M owners who weren't expecting such quality and such a great cigar from a new start up company.
    So your saying your going to send some of us one of these cigars, that would be GREAT!!!! =p
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    I went to the website and signed up. I will be purchasing some of these sticks this weekend. Anyone else??
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Hmmm I have to check this out.
    Poker Slob:
    I went to the website and signed up. I will be purchasing some of these sticks this weekend. Anyone else??
    I'll definately pick up a 6 pack sampler from them. I'm really interested to taste this orangey flavor everyone is talking about.

For those of you who have received Tarazona cigars from me and enjoyed them, the owners who bring you 262 were part of the Tarazona team. Unfortunately, the primary owner of the Tarazona line didn't let these guys do their job (the job they were hired to do) to market the Tarazona cigars and really drove the line into the ground. What a shame too because after 8 months of rest, those are the best cigars in my humi! Fortunately, for us, they parted ways with that line and brought us something to really talk about.

I can't wait to try these. And if the factory I think is making this is really making these, everyone I know on these forums is really gonna enjoy these.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I signed up also, probably will be getting the 3 cigar sampler
    Just so you guys know 262 Paradigm was created with the help of a big name in the cigar industry. He is kind of a mentor to the owners. We are two separate companies though and not trying to bank on someone's name. We are also manufactured in a very well known and highly respected facility in Honduras. For now I have been asked to keep the information to myself. We want the cigars to speak for themselves.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    clearlysuspect:
    Poker Slob:
    Fortunately, for us, they parted ways with that line and brought us something to really talk about.

I can't wait to try these. And if the factory I think is making this is really making these, everyone I know on these forums is really gonna enjoy these.
    So what you're saying is that Tarazona had a sexier cousin known as 262? I'm just playin, I signed up and I'm impressed at the marketing and style they've chosen. I'll get some here in a few.
    No. My official statement is that Eddie Tarazona is a f#cking idiot who squandered/embezzelled nearly $80,000 worth of his investors money (also, not the first time he's done this), drove a wonderful line of cigars into the ground, ignored the advice of his friends, family, and business partners, drove his own cigar shop into the ground, personally ran off his most loyal customers because he couldn't keep his mouth shut, and that the creators of 262 were incredibly smart to distance themselves from him in all facets of their personal and business life. They are using the marketing techniques and friendly customer service that everyone surrounding Eddie Tarazona advised him to use, the friendly customer service that Eddie lacks, and this is why 262 will be successful where Tarazona continues to fail.

clearlysuspect:
    No. My official statement is that Eddie Tarazona is a f#cking idiot who squandered/embezzelled nearly $80,000 worth of his investors money (also, not the first time he's done this), drove a wonderful line of cigars into the ground, ignored the advice of his friends, family, and business partners, drove his own cigar shop into the ground, personally ran off his most loyal customers because he couldn't keep his mouth shut, and that the creators of 262 were incredibly smart to distance themselves from him in all facets of their personal and business life. They are using the marketing techniques and friendly customer service that everyone surrounding Eddie Tarazona advised him to use, the friendly customer service that Eddie lacks, and this is why 262 will be successful where Tarazona continues to fail.

... well, looks like there was some beef there Phil, but it's good to see you support a cigar company that's got their head on straight!!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Snake and Suspect, put in a word with these guys that they need to take Paypal on their site. that's my payment method on here, the wife doesn't know a thing bout it. Oh, and Snake, are they looking for any Oregon/So. Washington reps?
    dennisking:
    Snake and Suspect, put in a word with these guys that they need to take Paypal on their site. that's my payment method on here, the wife doesn't know a thing bout it. Oh, and Snake, are they looking for any Oregon/So. Washington reps?
    As far as the Paypal thing is concerned....this direct buy is going to be shut down soon. This is a limited time deal that won't last since we are going to be a strictly B&M stick only after this introduction period. I will go ahead and let them know though because it may result in more sales and more people giving us a try.

Spent all day working on stuff. My New York store owner is so happy and spent the entire day smoking nothing but these today. He said they are selling well and he just put them out today. We have an event in the early planning stages for his store.

Guys, we all have the dream to make a career out of this hobby we all love. I am not sure what areas they are looking for reps in. I do know the midwest, south, and southeast are covered. They need help around New York (northeast) and maybe the west coast and Northwest. If you are in those areas I might have some advice if you want to PM me. I will make an inquiry and let you guys know what areas they need people in. Keep an eye on this post.
    jsnake:
    dennisking:
    As far as the Paypal thing is concerned....this direct buy is going to be shut down soon. This is a limited time deal that won't last since we are going to be a strictly B&M stick only after this introduction period. I will go ahead and let them know though because it may result in more sales and more people giving us a try.

Spent all day working on stuff. My New York store owner is so happy and spent the entire day smoking nothing but these today. He said they are selling well and he just put them out today. We have an event in the early planning stages for his store.

Guys, we all have the dream to make a career out of this hobby we all love. I am not sure what areas they are looking for reps in. I do know the midwest, south, and southeast are covered. They need help around New York (northeast) and maybe the west coast and Northwest. If you are in those areas I might have some advice if you want to PM me. I will make an inquiry and let you guys know what areas they need people in. Keep an eye on this post.
    Do you know what areas in the mid west? Am I gonna see any close to my Salty City?
    Got more samples in today. It is so hard trying not to smoke these. I am buying my own when I get my tax refund. nightmaremik if you have a favorite B&M near you that you want to see these in get me the info. That goes for all you guys. Ask for them and give me as much info as you can. If I land a store you help me find I will reward you.imageimage
  • bushwoodbushwood Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
    Just signed up and purchased the Six-Pack.
    Great looking site and I'm all over the Manifesto. We need more patriots like that to build businesses on the foundation of free enterprise. This country was built by people who defied the odds (and The Man) and went full steam ahead. Go for it!

Best of luck to the boys at 262/Revolution.

• HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    Very cool stuff. Once I have some room in my humi I will pick some of these up. A Brazilian wrapper.....you just hit a homerun with me!!

Best of luck with everything and I hope the cigars take off. I will mention these to my local B&M and try to give them some info on them once I pick some up. Jsnake, about how long do you think they will be offered online?
    Jake, I PM'ed in your inbox.
    Hugemoose:
    Very cool stuff. Once I have some room in my humi I will pick some of these up. A Brazilian wrapper.....you just hit a homerun with me!!

Best of luck with everything and I hope the cigars take off. I will mention these to my local B&M and try to give them some info on them once I pick some up. Jsnake, about how long do you think they will be offered online?
    The online offer may go until March or April. So far it has been a great tool to get the cigars out there but unfortunately it will end sometime this year. Many samplers have gone out and a few friends of mine have bought them. My friends so far love them and one customer in New York said "These are F#CKIN great". LOL The samplers are both priced below MSRP. The 3 pack is $7 a stick and the 6 pack is $6 a stick.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Hey Snake if they are looking for someone in NY to cover the northeast ...... iam in Buffalo NY and would love to get into the biz ...... if you can pm me any info i'd greatly appreciate it ... signed up as well
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Gotta say thanks again to my boy Snake ...... i signed up and have the 3pack on the way and spoke to Clint today and look forward to sampling these bad boys and who knows where we go from there ..... Thanks again Snake
    Kansas City guys, no offense to Ccom since you can't buy this online. This BOTL needs your support. 262 Paradigm is available now at d*luxe Lounge & Cigar Deck in Parkville, Missouri. Fantastic place for food, drinks, and cigars!

Next week they will be available for a trial run at Outlaw Cigar Co. in Overland Park, Kansas. I need you guys to buy all of these so the owner will keep us.

I also strongly urge you to support our wonderful forum host Cigar.com and purchase something nice for yourself here. I am ordering some boxes as soon as I get my income tax refund on the 19th.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    snake, you have a PM. And slow down on the posts my man, you dont want to over do it and hurt yourself!
    Just thought I'd pop in here with my own little bit of news...

I'm going to be the California rep for 262! Got my paperwork today, and very excited to get started :-)
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Hays:
    Just thought I'd pop in here with my own little bit of news...

I'm going to be the California rep for 262! Got my paperwork today, and very excited to get started :-)
    Hays that's awesome!! Man I'm jealous. I think I need to do a trade with you soon.... Hmmmmm ;)
    hahahahaha I won't be having personal 262 sticks for a while. All I will have is going straight to b&ms until they realize how awesome the sticks are and buy up lots and lots of em. You can pick up the samplers pretty decently priced on the website dude!
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Hahaha. Ya I know. Just workin on the funds ;) good luck though!