Home General Discussion

Smoke The Revolution.....

Comments

• Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Congrats Hays,that is awesome news. You and Jsnake are gonna do well.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Spoke with my brother today who is good friends with all the Revolution 262 owners and I really liked what I heard. I like that these guys are trying to boost pride in being an American and trying to create an American cigar that we can all be proud of. While most cigar lines boast central american, south american, cuban, dominican, or other carribean island heritage and traditions (and there's nothing wrong with this), these guys are doing their best to build a line of cigars surrounded by American history and tradition and are using their media venues to tackle issues that we face here in the United States. IMHO, this is something that we need much more of in every market.

I can't wait to get my 6 pack in the mail here soon.

Congrats to Hays for signing on. I am truly glad for you and for the fellas at Revolution 262 for obtaining a representative of such high character. Best of luck.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    clearlysuspect:
    I am truly glad for you and for the fellas at Revolution 262 for obtaining a representative of such high character. Best of luck.
    I thought you were talkin about hays... Did they get another rep or somethin?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Hays:
    Just thought I'd pop in here with my own little bit of news...

I'm going to be the California rep for 262! Got my paperwork today, and very excited to get started :-)
    That's awesome, good luck!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Trying to pace post count. I have already congratulated Hays but will do so publicly here. Truly a great BOTL and glad to have you on the team bro. Just remember the dream. "Sitting on fat wallets and smoking cigars"-Jerry
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    Snake, another PM your way!
  • bushwoodbushwood Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
    I got the first of my Paradigms today from Jerry Ernst at 262. The service is unmatched (as it should be for a start-up, in particular) and the attitude of the people is awesome. I told Jerry I'd let them settle in the humidor for a while (if I could stand the wait) and let him know what I thought after I tried one. Well, of course I couldn't wait, so I retired to the Man Room to sample the 6" Box Pressed Toro. Box pressed may be a bit of a stretch if you're used to a really square box press. The boxiness of this cigar is much more subtle. I'm no expert, having been a cigar smoker in earnest for only about 5 years, but I know what I like. So here's my take on the 262 Revolution "Paradigm". The construction is excellent with only one tiny bump on the whole stick. It was very fresh, supple and aromatic prior to firing up. Rolling it between my fingers I could feel a tight, even roll. The pre-draw was easy and flavorful. After lighting, the draw was open and easy, but not too easy. I thought it took just the right amount of "pull" to make the cigar an pleasant experience, not the chore some sticks prove to be. One of the things I like about a good cigar is a vast plume of great white smoke, which the Paradigm provides in spades. Throughout the entire session, which lasted an hour and 20 minutes, by the way, there wasn't a trace of "hotness". It came into its own about an inch in and got steadily better. The flavor, which had hints of chocolate and wood, really blossomed about 2/3 of the way in. All the way to the nub, the smoke seemed to get more full, and never got hot. It's a fairly stout cigar, but should be easily appreciated even by smokers of the lightest tobacco. The only issue I had with the cigar was the label. The ring seemed to have too much gel holding the label to the cigar, which made it difficult to remove and left a blob of dried gel on the wrapper. But that's no biggie as it didn't tear the wrapper or effect the goods. These guys have a winner in my book. I'll be buying more, that's for sure.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Nice review. :) Need to order a sampler!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Just waiting on all my paper work from Jerry and then its official ....... Myself, Hays , and Snake become teammates ........
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    congrats!!! that's great to hear, good for you

and if there is any oregon and southern washington represention needed, i'm your guy. over 10 years of commision sales experience
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Congrats and good luck...IMO these should have no problem selling. They are good sticks in my book. Had the box pressed today.
    Got my stoagies in the mail yesterday! Can't wait to take one for a test drive!!!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    I just ordered 6 pack sampler today.....I'm excited to try these out! They look soo awesome. After reading about this company on the website it looks as like they have their stuff together. Now just have to hold out until the cigars come.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Ok say WHA????? King's gonna be a 262 rep now? Sweet...so when we have the company parties I get to meet him and beat his a$$ for all the nasty comments! ;-)
    i will be ordering some of these this week. looking forward to tasting these. everyone has so much good to say about them. i can def. stand behind the company though, I like their ideals as well as many other things I don't have time to talk about. this may be the beginning of a great relationship as well.
    Went down to my cigar lounge (car) this afternoon and fired up a Revolution 262 Paradigm Robusto (4x52). The first thing I noticed was the superior construction of this cigar. I used a punch to cut through the cap and it slid through like butter. The prelight draw was excellent, not too loose, not too tight and was full of rich flavors and aromas.

The cigar lit right up and my pallet was immediately flooded with lemon and pine. I was that same pine flavor the engulfs Tanqueray Gin. The taste was crisp through the first inch and I could tell this was a fresh rolled cigar as the flavors rolled off the sides of the tongue.

As the cigar progressed into the second inch so to did the flavor into a rich spices and pepper. The pure white ash finally fell off at 1.5 inches. After the ash fell off, the next draw hit me like a brick wall. Cedar! Clear as day I could taste and smell cedar. This was no subtlety or hint of flavor. It was as if I had opened my humidor and taken a huge whif! (This cigar was only in my humidor for a little over 24 hours)

Chocolate dominated the 3rd inch of this cigar as it continue through its near perfect burn. The cigar seemed to always be up to my pace. At some points I smoked quickly, anticipating the next flavor that might jump out at me. At one point, I set the cigar down for a few moments while I helped a new neighbor move a couch. The Paradigm never showed sign of extinguishing and the next draw was always filled with plumes of white smoke.

What I could smoke into the 4th inch was filled with flavors of leather, earth, and black pepper. I took it right down to the 1/2 inch before I felt like I was going to burn myself.

This was a phenomenal cigar straight off the truck. I have 5 more of these and two other vitolas to go through and I can't wait. But wait I will. If it's this fantastic with only 24 hours rest, I expect to be blown away after 2 weeks, or better yet 2 months!
    nice write up suspect. I am looking forward to these later this week or early next week. I spoke to Clint today and learned a lot about the stick itself as well as the company. I am pretty excited about the brand and what it's offering and it's future direction. to me, the company is as important to me as the stick. it sounds like i will def. not be let down when i fire this up.
    clearlysuspect:
    Went down to my cigar lounge (car) this afternoon and fired up a Revolution 262 Paradigm Robusto (4x52). The first thing I noticed was the superior construction of this cigar. I used a punch to cut through the cap and it slid through like butter. The prelight draw was excellent, not too loose, not too tight and was full of rich flavors and aromas.

The cigar lit right up and my pallet was immediately flooded with lemon and pine. I was that same pine flavor the engulfs Tanqueray Gin. The taste was crisp through the first inch and I could tell this was a fresh rolled cigar as the flavors rolled off the sides of the tongue.

As the cigar progressed into the second inch so to did the flavor into a rich spices and pepper. The pure white ash finally fell off at 1.5 inches. After the ash fell off, the next draw hit me like a brick wall. Cedar! Clear as day I could taste and smell cedar. This was no subtlety or hint of flavor. It was as if I had opened my humidor and taken a huge whif! (This cigar was only in my humidor for a little over 24 hours)

Chocolate dominated the 3rd inch of this cigar as it continue through its near perfect burn. The cigar seemed to always be up to my pace. At some points I smoked quickly, anticipating the next flavor that might jump out at me. At one point, I set the cigar down for a few moments while I helped a new neighbor move a couch. The Paradigm never showed sign of extinguishing and the next draw was always filled with plumes of white smoke.

What I could smoke into the 4th inch was filled with flavors of leather, earth, and black pepper. I took it right down to the 1/2 inch before I felt like I was going to burn myself.

This was a phenomenal cigar straight off the truck. I have 5 more of these and two other vitolas to go through and I can't wait. But wait I will. If it's this fantastic with only 24 hours rest, I expect to be blown away after 2 weeks, or better yet 2 months!
    What an excellent review. Thanks to everyone who has posted and given these a try.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    I had my first one last night. It was the box pressed size. Damn thing lasted almost 2 hours. The first half was citrus and cocoa with tons of cool smoke. The second half was more cocoa and leather. Over all it was very flavorful with a nice even and cool burn. I'm looking forward to trying the other ones, after they get a couple months of rest.
    Poker Slob:
    I had my first one last night. It was the box pressed size. Damn thing lasted almost 2 hours. The first half was citrus and cocoa with tons of cool smoke. The second half was more cocoa and leather. Over all it was very flavorful with a nice even and cool burn. I'm looking forward to trying the other ones, after they get a couple months of rest.
    Glad you enjoyed the cigar! I really love the torpedo the most. I am buying my personal boxes on Friday. I think I might get a box of each size. For you mild guys we will have something soon for you. And for you full kick you in the teeth guys our full cigar is in the works! We will then have something for everyone. From what I am hearing the mild isn't just a plain boring mild. I am excited for the full later this year.
    jsnake:
    Poker Slob:
    Glad you enjoyed the cigar! I really love the torpedo the most. I am buying my personal boxes on Friday. I think I might get a box of each size. For you mild guys we will have something soon for you. And for you full kick you in the teeth guys our full cigar is in the works! We will then have something for everyone. From what I am hearing the mild isn't just a plain boring mild. I am excited for the full later this year.
    Now I'm really excited about this! Umm looking at your post count it says you are at 1000 Snake! Congrats and I'm now going to have to see who had Feb. 15th for your contest.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    With all the nice reviews, I'm excited to try these. sandman and I have a 6-pack sampler we'll split up.
    TatuajeVI:
    With all the nice reviews, I'm excited to try these. sandman and I have a 6-pack sampler we'll split up.
    That all depends on when these get to my house.....They might not make it 2 weeks until our trip down to Ohio. LOL Might have to buy another 6 pack if they are as good as everyone is saying.
    looking forward to the full bodied one as well.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    so with all this talk about citrus and chocolate are these infused and/or flavored cigars?
    Jdorais:
    so with all this talk about citrus and chocolate are these infused and/or flavored cigars?
    No infusion. This cigar just seems to produce some very pronounced flavors. Like I experienced some very distinct aromas and taste of cedar and pine. Jsnake and few others experienced distinct citrus and chocolate. Who knows what might pop up next????
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    clearlysuspect:
    Who knows what might pop up next????
    I'm crossing my fingers for cotton candy. Big Smile [:D]
    j0z3r:
    clearlysuspect:
    Who knows what might pop up next????
    I'm crossing my fingers for cotton candy. Big Smile [:D]
    LOL..... that would be awesome! A cigar fit to take to the circus!
    Kansas City guys I need your help!! Outlaw Cigar is giving us a trial run at their new Overland Park location. I need you guys to go buy and give Kendall your feedback so we can become a permanent fixture there and plan an event for this year.
    I smoked my first one of these in the torpedo size last night. I got them yesterday and went against my fellow BOTL Tat's advice and smoked it a few hours OTT. Let me just say I have read many of the reviews on this forum and a few outside of here. They were spot on in my book.

The construction was awesome and the feel of this cigar is just down right sexy. My mouth was watering in anticipation of lighting up this stick. It had a bit of a tight pre-light draw but I contribute that to me not cutting it enough and maybe because it was right OTT. So I cut a bit more off and problem solved.

Upon lighting the cigar, which by the way was so easy to light, I tasted the citrus and cherries I have heard about. There were plumes of white smoke that came from the stick and it was not overpowering in the least.

As the cigar burned I only noticed one time that it was a bit uneven, sort of a wave on one side if you will. The cigar quickly self corrected itself and it was a perfect solid white ash. The ash held on for about 1 & 1/2 inches before falling off.

The cigar took off as I could taste the dark chocolate and coffee. This cigar was very flavorful and the after taste was subtle and did not stay very long for me. The smoke was very creamy and rich with every draw.

Towards the last inch the wrapper started to come undone. It was nothing major because it was just a small corner that ended up falling off as the cigar burned. Overall I really loved this cigar and its wonderful flavors and effortless burn. It is a great medium to full bodied smoke that I will def. be getting some more of. I would say that the small problems I had with this stick were from it being right OTT and me not wanting to let it adjust after coming through the very cold weather we have up here. What can I say I was excited to try out this new stick.

I think it was Jake that said that this cigar made him open a window because it started to get to him by the end. This one def. caught up with me by the end but I was enjoying every min. of it. Jake sorry I don't live closer or I would def. be stopping by Outlaw's to pick up some more of these awesome sticks. My recommendation would be if you can wait a few days to let them rest do it!