Home General Discussion

Poor customer service

Comments

• smcenteesmcentee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    Tim,

Thank you for listening to me!  I know many people here were angry about my post, saying it was BS... but every time I called I got the same old answer... "its the post office's problem".  I have been a regular customer for a long time, and I was just so frustrated that no one was listening to me, or willing to help track the package (yes, I did get a tracking number, it is still showing pick up at the warehouse-nothing more.)

Thank you again and Merry Christmas to everyone!

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    smcentee:
    Tim,

Thank you for listening to me!  I know many people here were angry about my post, saying it was BS... but every time I called I got the same old answer... "its the post office's problem".  I have been a regular customer for a long time, and I was just so frustrated that no one was listening to me, or willing to help track the package (yes, I did get a tracking number, it is still showing pick up at the warehouse-nothing more.)

Thank you again and Merry Christmas to everyone!

I'm glad you got your issue resolved. Some of the guys were out of line in how they responded to your post, it's not anyone's place to say whether your complaint is legitimate or not. Tim's the best, stick with him and he'll do good by you.
  • beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    timb:

10 cases of White Owl Pineapple Sweet Tips on their way, Bearded!  Sorry for the mix up!

Sweet!!! They will look great in my humi next to my Backwoods, Colts and Century Sams!!!

• Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Got to love the post office. Glad to see this was resolved. Tracking on those postal shipments is always a bear. That is why we try to use ups and fedex as much as possible.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Alex Svenson:
    Got to love the post office. Glad to see this was resolved. Tracking on those postal shipments is always a bear. That is why we try to use ups and fedex as much as possible.
    Well I for one prefer the post office. They are much easier to work with. FED ex and UPS only deliver a couple of times and since I work during the day, I'm always SOL if I can't be home. Then I have to drive all the way to their warehouse which is far away. They won't even re-deliver stuff when I'll be home. I hate them!
    I'm glad this got resolved, some of you guys can be real smart a%%es...! I think what threw people, well me, was the cigars.com... anyway glad it got sorted out.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I for one apologize... If you'll let me explain.
    Recently there has been a string of posts by individuals whom only make themselves known in the negative or derogatory manner. Once their claims are made they vanish.
    Noting your low post count, I for one thought you might be another in this series of attacks.
    Simply stated, I acted in haste and without proper justification.
    I hope you decide to stay awhile and that the rest of your interactions stand in stark contrast to the first.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    timb:

Sarah, I see that your order from 12/09/09 was split into two shipments.  The first part was delivered on 12/16/09 at 2.11 pm to your front door.  The second part, which was a lighter, shipped Parcel Post due to hazardous material regulations and can take 10-15 business days to arrive.  I apologize for the long wait but I assure you the lighter will arrive soon.  In fact I will ship you a free lighter for the inconvenience.  Please expect that much sooner as I will drain it of butane before shipping. 

I apologize again for the long wait time on the lighter.  I will refund your shipping cost asap.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Feel free to contact me directly at tblythe at cigar.com.

This is why Tim is the man! Accept no substitute!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I'm as big a fan of ccom as the next guy, and the describe scenario from Tim seems reasonable enough to me. But if indeed Sarah couldn't get this explanation over the phone, I could see where that would be frustrating. Either way, the customer service I've experienced firsthand and heard of from ccom is unrivaled.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Alex Svenson:
    I always request mine to get shipped via USPostal as they always get it here in 2 days, which is pretty good for being on the West Coast. It's true though, the tracking info is bogus at best on the website.
    On a side note, I too thought this was a post from a saboteur who has been posting other stuff as of late.
    Serious note, Alex, hire me. Over 10 yrs of commission sales and customer service experience. Let's make this happen. :)
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Alex Svenson:
    I work overseas, used to be Iraq and now its Afghanistan. In my mind there is no better customer service than what Ccom offers. The orders always come very promptly.

Alex, I appreciate all that your people do.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    rwheelwright:
    This is why Tim is the man! Except no substitute!

I hate to bring the grammar lesson but I think that you meant "accept".
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    timb:

Sarah, I see that your order from 12/09/09 was split into two shipments.  The first part was delivered on 12/16/09 at 2.11 pm to your front door.  The second part, which was a lighter, shipped Parcel Post due to hazardous material regulations and can take 10-15 business days to arrive.  I apologize for the long wait but I assure you the lighter will arrive soon.  In fact I will ship you a free lighter for the inconvenience.  Please expect that much sooner as I will drain it of butane before shipping. 

I apologize again for the long wait time on the lighter.  I will refund your shipping cost asap.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Feel free to contact me directly at tblythe at cigar.com.

It's this kind of service that simply blows me away. The post office screwed up and yet CCOM comes in and fixes it. Man, I hate the USPS. Anyways...CCOM is amazing and 95% of all businesses should look to these guys as a role model for customer service. Simply unsurpassed.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Glad to see this was worked out, and it proves that CCOM is tops when it comes to customer service. Obviously there was a snafu, but sometimes life works that way. I've found that the great folks here always do their best to make up for these things. I ordered a lighter/cutter gift package from here quite some time ago, and it did end up taking longer than usual. It took about a week as opposed to a couple of days. That's about the only issue I've ever had, which wasn't really a big deal at all. I'm not even sure if you could consider that an 'issue'.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    timb:

In case anyone ever doubts what 100% satisfaction means, THIS IS IT. A phone call would have worked as well.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    kaspera79:
    timb:

In case anyone ever doubts what 100% satisfaction means, THIS IS IT. A phone call would have worked as well.
    Customer states in her post that she called 4-5 times with no satisfaction. We all know Tim is great and this proves it even more, however we should not pick apart or dismiss someones concerns.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    mustluvcigars:
    kaspera79:
    timb:

Customer states in her post that she called 4-5 times with no satisfaction. We all know Tim is great and this proves it even more, however we should not pick apart or dismiss someones concerns.
    Agreed...their customer service is so good, we're all good (and rabid) defenders of it. But she says she called a bunch of times and couldn't get the scoop.
    jpclotfelter:
    rwheelwright:

SNAP, wheelie just got SERVED!!!!!!!
    This seems like a good forum with lots of good people who love cigars and cigar.com (the "s" in my earlier post was a typo, this is where I shop!)  I am sorry I posted my frustrations publicly, but I just didn't know what to do next.  However, I think I will continue to check out these forums from time to time... seems like a great place to get information on good cigars.

Happy Holidays!
    smcentee:
    This seems like a good forum with lots of good people who love cigars and cigar.com (the "s" in my earlier post was a typo, this is where I shop!)  I am sorry I posted my frustrations publicly, but I just didn't know what to do next.  However, I think I will continue to check out these forums from time to time... seems like a great place to get information on good cigars.

Happy Holidays!
    Hey smcentee, As any of the regular forum members can tell you, (and did) C.Com is unmatched in their desire to satisfy customers. We, as a group are strong defenders of what is the best online cigar retailer in the business. I have seen every single post on this forum for the past twenty months, and never read about an unresolved problem, but perhaps hundreds of posts praising the service they received here. This is a strong testimonial to the customer relationship here.
    I am sure that when someone becomes frustrated they want to express their feelings and draw attention to the issue, it has happened to all of us in some way. I believe that this will only improve the customer relations department at C.Com, if that is possible.
    Have a great Holiday, and let us know how those cigars were.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    phobicsquirrel:
    jpclotfelter:
    rwheelwright:

SNAP, wheelie just got SERVED!!!!!!!
    Hey, me no english major. It was late! But I still stand by my statement. Tim is the man! Phoebes, you are going down! :-)
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    smcentee:

Happy Holidays!

WELCOME TO THE GREAT CIGAR.COM!!

Stop by often!! This boat can always use a few more people!!

Now that you are one of us, we'll defend you like a pack of wolves for their kin!!

One of us! One of us! One of us! ... Braaaaiiins...
    Thanks!  My husband did enjoy the cigars I bought... a nice "restocking" of the humidor!  The lighter will get here when it gets here!!

I have a bit of a cold, but hope to enjoy a few myself when I feel up to it!

Hope you all found what you were looking for under the tree!
    S.
    Thank you S. And as nightmaremike ( he is nicer than his name may imply) stated, stop by when you can, you are one of us and always welcome.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    CCOM is EVIL!! They constantly are offering daily deals that I like and specials that I can't turn down. This has lead to a long series of credit card orders through a certain Jeff Jackson, who then continues to offer me more specials because he hates my credit card and its low balance. Soon this will lead to what I like to call "divorce." Buyers beware!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Oh, and welcome to the forums. :)
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Before divorcing Jeff Jackson. give him a chance.Seek marriage counseling before you consider a long drawn out divorce. If you have kids consider the kids....LOL (I hear Jeff is good with the kids--he deals with us right"DEALS"-he will be a better husband in the new year)
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    smcentee:
    I just wanted to let buyers know that cigars.com does not stand behind their shipments... I purchased my item nearly 3 weeks ago and it has yet to arrive!  I have called 4-5 times, and in each case I was told there was nothing they could (or would) do to resolve my issue.  They took my money, but three weeks later- no product and no effort to make it right.  POOR customer service philosophy.

I think it's time to edit the title of this thread........
  • jeffjacksonjeffjackson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 40
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is too funny TatuajeVI and only 10% true.....lol
  • jeffjacksonjeffjackson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 40
    Hawk55.....that was low and just nothing right about any of that....LOLLOLOLOL..... at least I am the husband in that sick olde comment...hahahahaha