Home General Discussion

New Years Eve Smoke

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
What are you thinking of having New Years Eve? Right now I am thinking I will be firing up a La Aurora 100 Anos Belicoso....I have been anxious to try this one for a while now.

Comments

• JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    I've been pondering that question myself. I have a few ISOM yelling at me from the humi so maybe 1 of those- it is a special occasion after all. If I do go that route it will be a choice between a Monte or a Patagas because those are the only ones I have. But you never now, I may end up with a MOW Ruination or Deisel or heck even a 5 vegas. It all will depend on how I'm feeling.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I have a MOW Ruination Belicoso I have been aging for a few months. It has special occassion quality.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    You know, I haven't even thought about it. I haven't had a Partagas 150 sine I bought them last year so maybe I'll have. But I'll need more than one so maybe my last Don Carlos #2 from 2006 or maybe one of the Forbidden X that I have had since approx 05. Hrm... Too many choices.
    rwheelwright:
    You know, I haven't even thought about it. I haven't had a Partagas 150 sine I bought them last year so maybe I'll have. But I'll need more than one so maybe my last Don Carlos #2 from 2006 or maybe one of the Forbidden X that I have had since approx 05. Hrm... Too many choices.
    While you're thinking about your holiday sticks, what's gonna be the first stick in your new home?
    Jdorais:
    rwheelwright:
    While you're thinking about your holiday sticks, what's gonna be the first stick in your new home?
    I'm thinking GoF.
    rwheelwright:
    Jdorais:
    rwheelwright:
    I'm thinking GoF.
    Nice. Personally I've never had one. One day though, one day....
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I am thinking about having my Rocky OWR.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Opus X all the way !
  • beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86

Hoya de Monterrey Double Corona Cab 50 and a Montecristo No. 3...straight from Cuba...
    I hope it is a cold clear night we are going backpacking...and these two sticks will make it an enjoyable evening...along with some CR.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I have a La Aurora Preferido Platinum perfecto, I think that has New Years potential.

Either that or the Hemingway Signature I've got.

Jdorais:
    rwheelwright:
    Jdorais:
    rwheelwright:
    I'm thinking GoF.
    Nice. Personally I've never had one. One day though, one day....
    Better get on that! Get a single of both the Don Carlos and Carlito.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Maybe a Diamond Crowm Maximus I have been resting for about 6 months. It will most likely be a "game-time" decision as usual.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I think I'm gonna reach for a Tarazona Classic. I haven't had one in a while and the ones in my humi have been resting for 8 months. Should be nice to see how they fair out now.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Going to try a La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, my first one...........looking forward to the new year.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Hmm... Ejenne sent me a Padron 1964 Anniversary I've had my eye on. Also have a couple Camacho Pre-Embargos I got in around November... Oh, and I've been staring at a LFD Double Ligero Chisel since September. I love having extra choices.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I have to work unfortunately so someone smoke an extra 1 for me!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    It might be warm enough here to smoke on Thursday, so I might check out a Decade, Centuria or a Diesel, or maybe a combo of those two.
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    Im going to enjoy a Anejo torp along with a couple others through out the night.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    I'm thinking a Gurkha Titan or the Diamond Crown Maximus Pyramid No. 3... hell, maybe both!!
    After all it is a celebration!!! Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I think I'm going to start NYE with a Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale. Will be my first Davidoff. It will be followed later in the eve with one or two other smokes.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    leonard:
    Im going to enjoy a Anejo torp along with a couple others through out the night.
    I agree. The Anejo seems like the perfect New Years Eve smoke. I have to work that night, but if I get a chance, I'll light one up......
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    firetruckguy:
    Going to try a La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, my first one...........looking forward to the new year.
    Ok need some input........just got a couple of the ACID Opulence 3's........maybe a better choise for a new years stick?
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I am going with the 262 Paradigm box press.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I haven't given too much thought to this. I do have a My Father Le Bijou 1922 churchill that I've been wanting to try, so that might be one. I haven't had a Padron 1964 in quite some time, so I might pull out one of my Imperials...choices choices.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i know that i am in the restaurant business. i understand that i will not have every night off. i know that i will often have to work holidays. this year i have been keeping track. Its official...
    i have worked EVERY holiday that usually gets a day off in the "business world" and every holiday that is celebrated by going out to get a drink/ hang out with friends or family (new years, st. patrick's day, 4th of July, etc... )

so while you guys are out tonight, smoke one for me.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kuzi16:
    i know that i am in the restaurant business. i understand that i will not have every night off. i know that i will often have to work holidays. this year i have been keeping track. Its official...
    i have worked EVERY holiday that usually gets a day off in the "business world" and every holiday that is celebrated by going out to get a drink/ hang out with friends or family (new years, st. patrick's day, 4th of July, etc... )
    Silver lining: Holidays are busy times for restaurants, apparently you've been deemed competent to handle it. That's gotta feel better than getting every holiday off because you can't hack it.

That's one viewpoint anyhow.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    Silver lining: Holidays are busy times for restaurants, apparently you've been deemed competent to handle it. That's gotta feel better than getting every holiday off because you can't hack it.

Yeah, the holidays are officially over this Saturday (going back to normal retail hours on the 3rd) but we have quieted down allot at my store and I have all these young kids coming up to me asking me why they are only getting 4 hours. I give them a very managerial answer and such....

But in all reality I'd like to tell them that if I had to leave behind a house plant and them while I'm on vacation.... the house plant would be in charge
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

yeah, yeah, yeah...

i still wanna see my wife on at least ONE of the holidays.

ill probably get OT out of it though...
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

Yeah, the holidays are officially over this Saturday (going back to normal retail hours on the 3rd) but we have quieted down allot at my store and I have all these young kids coming up to me asking me why they are only getting 4 hours. I give them a very managerial answer and such....

But in all reality I'd like to tell them that if I had to leave behind a house plant and them while I'm on vacation.... the house plant would be in charge
    Amen to that Lassie. I have some part timers I feel bad about wasting good old oxygen on.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    So many choices! I think it will be a El Primer Mundo Rosado Oscuro Perfecto. This cigar has quickly climbed to the top of my list. Alex needs to offer these so I can afford a whole box. Happy New Year to everybody on the forum. I hope it is a safe one.