Home General Discussion

FAVORITE DRINK/CIGAR COMBO

Comments

• These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    Lasabar:
    urbino:
    If it's profit that counts, they could always sell the liquor at cost, or near it.
    Step 1. Get Underpants

Step 2. (...)

Step 3. Profit
    LMAO!!! Time to go to work, work all day, search for underpants hey.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    These Filthy Hands:
    Lasabar:
    urbino:
    If it's profit that counts, they could always sell the liquor at cost, or near it.
    Step 1. Get Underpants

Step 2. (...)

Step 3. Profit
    LMAO!!! Time to go to work, work all day, search for underpants hey.
    I'm glad someone got that... Great show
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I don't get the reference, but you can never go wrong with a reference featuring the word "underpants."
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Unless they're being worn by Mary J. Rottencrotch.
    Even then. "Underpants" is one of those inherently funny words. Like "wanker" and "rutabaga."
    urbino:
    Even then. "Underpants" is one of those inherently funny words. Like "wanker" and "rutabaga."
    I also think that "Burgle" is a great word... Just try to keep a straight face saying you had to "Burgle" something...

Ha.... burgle... heh
    Or

"Wankle Rotary Engine"

*Thinks to himself the whole skit*

"Are you embarassed easily??? I know I am..."

HA!
    ...something about pointing at people's naughty bits...

That's all I can remember.
  • dtrdwngsdtrdwngs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 74
    I had some Ameretto on the rocks with a Fonseca Vintage the other day and it was amazing. I don't know if one made the other better but the combo was really great.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    That does sound pretty good dtrd
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    dtrdwngs:
    I had some Ameretto on the rocks with a Fonseca Vintage the other day and it was amazing. I don't know if one made the other better but the combo was really great.
    yeah... im gunna have to try that. I bet it would go well with a punch gran puro.
  • cphk96cphk96 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14

I do not drink any alcoholic beverages. Looks like I am missing out on some good combos. I am a cigar newbie, but I have 3 favourite beverages that I enjoy when I smoke.

Coke,  Cafe Americano, and Vernon's Ginger Ale.

• LCarLCar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
       I'm a big fan of the sunday morning Gurkha Turk and Kona coffee selection...otherwise a Black Puro and a Magic Hat #9 suffice.
  • sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    cphk96:

I do not drink any alcoholic beverages. Looks like I am missing out on some good combos. I am a cigar newbie, but I have 3 favourite beverages that I enjoy when I smoke.

What do you smoke with a Ginger Ale? Just wandering as I love Ginger Ale.
  • cphk96cphk96 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
    sane:
    cphk96:

Hello Sane,

So far, I have only smoked 2 cigars brands, AVO no.2, and another that I do not know the proper name of. But it comes from The Griffins, mild blend. Vernon's Ginger Ale is different from a lot of other Ginger Ale makers. It has a bolder taste, and my Grandpa used to drink it all the time.Big Smile [:D]

• sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    cphk96:

Hello Sane,

So far, I have only smoked 2 cigars brands, AVO no.2, and another that I do not know the proper name of. But it comes from The Griffins, mild blend. Vernon's Ginger Ale is different from a lot of other Ginger Ale makers. It has a bolder taste, and my Grandpa used to drink it all the time.Big Smile [:D]

I have not had Vernon's Ginger Ale, some of the local pubs make a good strong ginger ale so that is what I try and drink. I'm not a big fan of sweet drinks and I love fresh ginger.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    cphk96:
    sane:
    cphk96:

Hello Sane,

hey cphk.. You have hit on two of my favorite cigars with Avo and The Griffins.. Both nice mild cigars that I know would be great with a Ginger Ale. I find Vernons a bit sweeter than most gingers but that is a combination that I do enjoy as well.
    Have you tried the Avo's Domaine line, kas?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kaspera79:
    I find Vernons a bit sweeter than most gingers but that is a combination that I do enjoy as well.
    You know who else drinks Vernons?...The Nuge, that's who. While all the other rockers were getting hammered every night, the Nuge was drinking Vernons and making loin-cloths.

The point: Vernons GA makes you a big time rockstar.
    urbino:
    Have you tried the Avo's Domaine line, kas?
    Yes, I have... I think that has become my favorite line of the Avo's. Alot more flavor and kick than the original ( which is also very fine ) The Domaine has great taste with each draw, and perfect construction on every stick, which you know, The Domain is more full bodied which I have come to enjoy. Avo is one of the first, what I call, Premium Plus cigars that I smoked and I still keep them on hand because they are so good. Which reminds me I only have one left.
    Yeah, that sounds like them, alright. I'd still call them on the mild side of medium, though. One of the things I find really striking about them is the smell of the 2d-hand smoke. It's almost floral. As I think I said when I reviewed them, they've got the least offensive odor of any cigar I've ever smoked; definitely the cigar I'd go to if I needed something to smoke around non-smokers.
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    I find Vernons a bit sweeter than most gingers but that is a combination that I do enjoy as well.
    You know who else drinks Vernons?...The Nuge, that's who. While all the other rockers were getting hammered every night, the Nuge was drinking Vernons and making loin-cloths.

The point: Vernons GA makes you a big time rockstar.
    Yeah joe, It must be a Michigan thing with the Vernors, it use to be available only it tha area. It is also the oldest soft drink in America, that and Hires Root Beer both created in 1866. Now I know it taste good, but I can't attest to the ability to make someone a rock*star.
  • Johnny BananasJohnny Bananas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4
    I enjoy a "Doc Browns"blackcherry soda I guess I'm old school but no one makes a better pop..W/that I like a CAO MX2,that hits the spot..Also a Gurkha Symphony w/a double of 10yr.old Glenmorangie,and of course that stogie you gotta have on Sun.watching the games you know the one that ends up being slammed if you team loses the cigar of choice is the Indian Tabac "Chief"w/a Guinness Stout..Thats all I have to say about that..Enjoy..
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Here it is, there are several pages of peoples answers here you can go over and see.
  • R_M_GR_M_G Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    I happen to like an ice cold Mike's Hard Lemonade or Mango Punch with a smoke... as far as alcohol goes there isn't really anything to them, but the taste really seems to smooth things out... the citrus balances with the earthy parts of the cigar...
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    R_M_G:
    I happen to like an ice cold Mike's Hard Lemonade or Mango Punch with a smoke... as far as alcohol goes there isn't really anything to them, but the taste really seems to smooth things out... the citrus balances with the earthy parts of the cigar...
    Daaaaaamn....just how bored were you to dig so far and pull up this old-a$$ thread???
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Love wiskey - scotch or burbon with a cigar, but my favorite has got to be a CT wrapper and a Dunks coffee.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Flor de Cana 18 year or Havana Club Barrel Proof are my favs. I tend to like rum. That said, I always enjoy a good scotch, wine or coffee pairing too.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Hays:
    R_M_G:
    Daaaaaamn....just how bored were you to dig so far and pull up this old-a$$ thread???
    lol.. I've tried a lot of drinks and I just find that they over power the cigar. I tend to enjoy coffee, tea or water with cigars. Even with gurkha reserves and cognac it still over powers.
  • AyatoAyato Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    Guinness, coffee, or sweet tea are some of my current favorite beverages to enjoy with a fine cigar.