Home General Discussion

FAVORITE DRINK/CIGAR COMBO

Comments

• sackermasackerma Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    yup a good dark roast coffee and a patel vintage 92 is waiting for me after work today... yum
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    sackerma:
    yup a good dark roast coffee and a patel vintage 92 is waiting for me after work today... yum
    MMMM Rock Patel 92, you can't go wrong there. I checked my humidors yesterday and found one with some good age on it. And a sticker " Don't smoke Me " Can't remember how old that one is.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kaspera79:
    sackerma:
    MMMM Rock Patel 92, you can't go wrong there. I checked my humidors yesterday and found one with some good age on it. And a sticker " Don't smoke Me " Can't remember how old that one is.
    ya need to date them. it helps. trust me.
  • Celtic RiderCeltic Rider Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 44
    I enjoy a good smoke after a ride on my Harley, with a cold brew! I like a good guiness! I've been drinkin Micro brews latley it goes good with a smoke, or good ol jamison straight or on the rocks! BAM that's how I roll!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    sackerma:
    ya need to date them. it helps. trust me.
    I shall start today. Most of my aging cigars are labeled but that one is old old, and I got it long before I became more serious about cigars.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 342
    a coke cola and java
    DiasFlak:
    a coke cola and java
    hmmm this reminded me. if i do drink a cola with a cigar its always coke, never pepsi.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 342
    pepsi just isint the same
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I don't drink Pepsi with anything. Ever. For any reason.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Hmm, I always drink pepsi and not coke... though I prefer RC cola to both.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I'm with Urbi on this one! I don't do pepsi anytime for any reason. The only good thing I can say about Pepsi is that they are the only people with the common sense to set Michael Jackson on fire! Just a shame they didn't finish the job! haha
    Wanted to try to revive this thread since we have some new people posting and see if we can get some fresh material here! haha
  • ftnatorftnator Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14

Party!!! [<:o)]

One of my favorites is a nice dark porter ale and Drew Estate Java!!

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    ftnator:

That actually sounds very good. Hmmm....

My favorite is a CAO MX-2 and a glass of Evan Williams Single barrel.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    ftnator:

I have so many it's impossible to choose... depends on my mood, really. But maybe some Pyrat XO with an Onyx Reserve. Of course, I love just having a Schlitz with any cigar :)
  • ftnatorftnator Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14

I've got to get back to bourbon drinking. I've been drinking wine exclusively. Now, since I'm a newbie WITH the cigars, I'd like to try some nice bourbons. I drank single barrel and Bookers. Now, there so many to choose from...like cigars!! lol

dutyje:
    madurofan:
    ftnator:

I have so many it's impossible to choose... depends on my mood, really. But maybe some Pyrat XO with an Onyx Reserve. Of course, I love just having a Schlitz with any cigar :)
    I have found a good combo too, CAO Cx2 and a Crown and Sprite. Had that out on the golf course the other day and I thought they went well together. The sweetness of the Crown complimented the Camaroon very well.
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    I enjoy beer with cigars. Don't have a favoirte combo yet. Let you know when I get one. Last night I had some air with my Nub.
    These Filthy Hands:
    Last night I had some air with my Nub.
    LMAO
    madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    LMAO
    I wanted a beer, but the shop owner wouldn't take my two dollars and give me a beer. I was a little discouraged.
    These Filthy Hands:
    madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    LMAO
    I wanted a beer, but the shop owner wouldn't take my two dollars and give me a beer. I was a little discouraged.
    WTF ...
    madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    LMAO
    WTF ...
    That's what I said. Oh, well. I still had an excellent cigar and that's all I was there for. The beer would have been an added bonus.
    That would most likely be the last time I hit that shop. Refusal of service is a good enough reason for me to never return.
    He really didn't refuse service. He wasn't selling the beer. I just offered to take one off of his hands for a small price. I had no reason to be mad.
    that and the other problem is the laws in ohio. he cant sell the beer in his shop because he doesnt have a license and if he did have a license then you couldnt smoke in the shop because of the smoke free laws.

In ohio, if you make 50% or more of your profit from tobacco then you can smoke in the building. If you dont... smoke free. so as soon as you start selling beer/wine/spirits you quickly make more money on the spirits than on the tobacco. most shops opt to have people smoke in them because they are there for the love of the leaf.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Same thing in MA, you need to make at least 50% or maybe even 60% of your profit from tobacco
    . One of the few cigar bars in boston charges $10 if you bring in your own smoke. But thats like bringing sand to the beach right!

Anyway the boston department of health just submitted a bill to ban smoking inside and outside all public facilities. If it passes then all the cigar bars will be shut down and you wont be able to smoke outside any bar or restaurant

Currently the bars herd you like cattle to a small designated smoking area
    The current law doesnt bother me, becasue I dont smoke cigarettes and typically dont smoke cigars when Im out. But if they completely ban smoking then I cannot occasionally go out for a smoke if I want to
    not to mention the businesses that it is going to shut down.....
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    kuzi16:
    In ohio, if you make 50% or more of your profit from tobacco then you can smoke in the building. If you dont... smoke free. so as soon as you start selling beer/wine/spirits you quickly make more money on the spirits than on the tobacco. most shops opt to have people smoke in them because they are there for the love of the leaf.
    If it's profit that counts, they could always sell the liquor at cost, or near it.
    urbino:
    kuzi16:
    If it's profit that counts, they could always sell the liquor at cost, or near it.
    That would be my thought. The issue in VA is that if you sell alcohol there is a large percentage of profit that has to come from food, over 50%, though, I don't know the exacts.
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    My favorite is an Ashton VSG and a glass of Macallan 18 year single malt scotch.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    urbino:
    Step 1. Get Underpants

Step 2. (...)

Step 3. Profit