Home General Discussion

Still Waiting...

Comments

• One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    jsnake:
    Did anyone else's Diesels feel really hard? I was going to light one up and they both just seem too hard. no give at all when I squeeze. They aren't dry and crackling or anything and I know this is a new arrival. If you have lit one up are they good to go? I was gonna let them sit for a little bit in the humi. Really happy to have gotten 2 of these in my football package.
    Just got finished with mine. Not super hard, but very firm. Delicious. I usually let things sit a while before I burn one, but with the sticks I have had the last couple days and everything I have heard about these. I was nt disappointed and can only expect them to get even better.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Cool. I am going to go ahead and burn one and let the other one rest. Thanks for the info.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    If they would've sent my ITC fuerte's USPostal i would be smoking one right now. instead, they just left Ohio. seriously, i think i'm going to stab a hooker
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    dennisking:
    If they would've sent my ITC fuerte's USPostal i would be smoking one right now. instead, they just left Ohio. seriously, i think i'm going to stab a hooker

DELETED...misread the post.
    BStayer:
    dennisking:

I didn't say i stabbed a hooker, only that I wanted to. j/k i have no idea what you misread =)
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    I have to say I like USPS. I have gotten my packages in four days or less. I'm not counting sundays because they don't work that day. The average is 3 days for USPS, and UPS a week
    I also like USPS. I used to do a LOT of Ebaying and they are way cheaper to send internationally.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    dennisking:
    BStayer:
    dennisking:

I didn't say i stabbed a hooker, only that I wanted to. j/k i have no idea what you misread =)
    Just don't get the hooker online, they can track that shlt...

Get your hookers the old fashioned way, from your crack dealer
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    So I just checked tracking on my Diesels.. FINALLY says "Out For Delivery" today... Geez... I hope they're not dry and dead when I get em - I've been pretty eager for these for days... And since I ordered these, I couldn't order the daily deal on Rocky '90s (all around fave stick), which was really disappointing...
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316

What I wonder is why USPS doesn't leave the box in my very large mail box.  They always set it in front of my front door.  I imagine they try to hand deliver it....but if no one is home, wouldn't you put it in the box?

Anyways, now I just have them shipped to my work.

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Got my smokes finally, i think i might request usps shipping from now on.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Yeah, it would be nice if they could flag my account for US post only. Maybe I'll call and ask.
    I got mine yesterday, and tried one right out of the box. It was fine, but 7 days is still too long. Good cigar though, going to cost me more money...
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    Hays:
    So I just checked tracking on my Diesels.. FINALLY says "Out For Delivery" today... Geez... I hope they're not dry and dead when I get em - I've been pretty eager for these for days... And since I ordered these, I couldn't order the daily deal on Rocky '90s (all around fave stick), which was really disappointing...
    Yep, finally got mine in today as well. They either over filled the humipack or it exploded or something. I'm glad the 5ers were wrapped up in little mazos, because they would have been ruined otherwise. UPS FAIL :(
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Thewelder:
    I have to say I like USPS. I have gotten my packages in four days or less. I'm not counting sundays because they don't work that day. The average is 3 days for USPS, and UPS a week
    Same for me, USPS 3 days tops. UPS, 7-10 days. I just got my Diesel's in today, MOW weekend blitz coming in tomorrow, which puts them at 7 days. Hope everything is ok...
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    got my diesels also..these sticks look like something Clint Eastwood would be smoking in the good, bad and Ugliy flicks...love it.
    I HATE UPS! I just got delivery confirmation for an order that left on 11-20-09. The scheduled delivery date is 12-1-09! UPS officially is the worst carrier ever! Not cool man....

I mean WTF!? 11 days? Come on! I hope it's all still ok when it gets here, I got over 50 quallity sticks coming....
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Dude over 50 sticks. Impressive! I can't believe even with the holidays approaching it will take them that long. I feel your pain.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    They just announced they are raising their rates too.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Russ55:
    Again? Jeez.
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Again? Jeez.
    It's either that or lay people off. I'm for raising rates
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I live all the way on the west coast and USPS somehow gets my Ccom orders to me in 2-3 days tops, for 6 bucks, nice.
    T. Gervais:
    I live all the way on the west coast and USPS somehow gets my Ccom orders to me in 2-3 days tops, for 6 bucks, nice.
    Yeah, USPS gets to Seattle in 2-3 days tops as well. For some reason the last 4 or 5 orders I've placed have all come UPS weather I paid for shipping or not, no matter how big or small the order. Is there some way to request a specific service without shelling out a bunch of extra dough? I'm sick of UPS...
    jsnake:
    Dude over 50 sticks. Impressive! I can't believe even with the holidays approaching it will take them that long. I feel your pain.
    I'm pretty stoked about this order, there's a bunch of good stuff I want to try. But they need to get some good rest before I can start smoking anything and the sooner they get here, the sooner they go to sleep. I also have a Xi2 cutter in there and I'd like to be able to get some good use out of it in the mean time, but I guess my cheapo guillotine's will have to do for now.
    With todays economy I wouldn't wish a job loss on anyone, but if UPS's service doesn't improve I don't see how they can stay competitive especially with a rate rise.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    It took me 9 days to get me Man O War weekend blitz. The kicker is, it shipped UPS, who delivered it to USPS and they delivered it. Some new program that UPS is trying out. I was able to get my shipping refunded but thinking about again grinds my nerves!
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Yep, my delivery wait has increased significantly since CCom has been shipping UPS as compared to USPS. Furthemore, UPS doesn't update their tracking info either, the screen doesn't even give an estimated delivery date.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Thewelder:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Again? Jeez.
    It's either that or lay people off. I'm for raising rates
    Not disagreeing, but it still sucks to have to pay more for shipping.
    SmokeRing:
    Yep, my delivery wait has increased significantly since CCom has been shipping UPS as compared to USPS. Furthemore, UPS doesn't update their tracking info either, the screen doesn't even give an estimated delivery date.
    I've noticed for me, orders coming in UPS show a estimated delivery date if it's a significant order (something like $100 or more). All of the smaller orders have no estimated date. I think the lack of update info is because it's in a truck on the road. USPS goes by air so they can update every time it crosses a scanner. I can't stand UPS...11 Days >:^(
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Duder2:
    SmokeRing:
    I've noticed for me, orders coming in UPS show a estimated delivery date if it's a significant order (something like $100 or more). All of the smaller orders have no estimated date. I think the lack of update info is because it's in a truck on the road. USPS goes by air so they can update every time it crosses a scanner. I can't stand UPS...11 Days >:^(
    I think the reason they don't give you a delivery date is because UPS might not be delivering your package. In my experience, UPS carried the package only, then gave it to USPS for delivery.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I guess I might be the only USPS hater here, but once again they have screwed me. Tracked the package and they said no one was at my 9-5 business on a monday so they left a notice. Yeah, like that happened. Who knows where the hell they went to and at what time. None of the postal carriers in this state have ANY idea what they are doing or where they are going. It's so bad that we have considered purchasing a post office box so we don't have to rely on the delivery people anymore, since they not only lost my cigars (one thing) but the payments our customers make on their invoices (quite another). I can take delays but I can not take the lost packages anymore. UPS has rarely been late but NEVER lost one of my many packages. Thank GOD I can at least rely on them.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    ironhorse:
    I guess I might be the only USPS hater here, but once again they have screwed me. Tracked the package and they said no one was at my 9-5 business on a monday so they left a notice. Yeah, like that happened. Who knows where the hell they went to and at what time. None of the postal carriers in this state have ANY idea what they are doing or where they are going. It's so bad that we have considered purchasing a post office box so we don't have to rely on the delivery people anymore, since they not only lost my cigars (one thing) but the payments our customers make on their invoices (quite another). I can take delays but I can not take the lost packages anymore. UPS has rarely been late but NEVER lost one of my many packages. Thank GOD I can at least rely on them.

Nope, you are not alone in your hatred for the USPS. I can't count on two hands how many times they've pulled stupid crap on me. I have a post earlier in this thread that lays out some of the ways they've pissed me off. The USPS is an absolute joke where I'm at and I regularly choose UPS over the USPS when I have the option.