Home General Discussion

Need your thoughts and a prayer or two or three or.....

jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
Hey guys, got some good news today that could turn into amazing news. I do a ton of social networking and am big into cigar stuff as well as Blackberry stuff. A guy with an upstart website has been doing giveaways and contests. One of them was when he reached so many member he was going to give away $2000 cash. He has already given away Blackberry phones and tons of giftcards.

We had to post what we would do if we won the $2000. Well, I am facing a layoff and I want to give my kids Christmas and be able to make my house payment. Mostly I just do not want to disappoint my children and i wrote my answer to that affect.

I just found out I am one of the 3 people he is considering giving the $2000 to. Please have me in your thoughts and prayers today. My family would really be blessed with this gift at this time in our lives. Thanks guys

Comments

• BTJR99BTJR99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Good Luck! I'll have you in my thoughts.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Could things be looking up at work? BNSF
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Good Luck!!! This one is for the kids!!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Holding good thoughts for you, my friend.....

• HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Jake,

Thoughts and prayers for you buddy. This board knows you're a good guy, and I'm sure the Good Lord knows it as well, and will bring your family good fortune.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Good luck Snake. It is a bad time to be jobless, so I hope things work out for you. This habit of ours is hard to support wo a regular check.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Good luck 'bro !!!
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Good luck man!!! We're pulling for you!
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Definitely thinking of you, bud, here's hoping that good things will happen to good people!
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    I got my fingers crossed for ya bud!!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    ... Well Jake, My sincere wish is that good things are headed your way.. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • tony ctony c Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    I too am pulling for you, we missed the bullet for my wifes job...she is all set untill......Dec when they get ready to do it again
    Supposed to find out tonight. Anxiously waiting. Of course since good stuff might happen my 13 year old son has to go and get arrested for holding a BB gun for a kid on the school bus. I am so pissed right now ........................
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    jsnake:
    Supposed to find out tonight. Anxiously waiting. Of course since good stuff might happen my 13 year old son has to go and get arrested for holding a BB gun for a kid on the school bus. I am so pissed right now ........................
    ... ummm Why is a B.B gun on the school bus anyway. Isn't there a Driver who should say " hold it son, you can ride but leave the gun behind ? "
    Some otehr stupid kid took it to school. IDK what happened during the school day but apparently something went down on the bus and my son lets the kid pressure him into putting it in his backpack. Driver calls the police who search the kids and my son gets popped for it. F#CKING STUPID!! So now I know I can't trust my son with a damn thing since he claims he was peer pressured into doing it. I can't even talk about this right now. He lives with his mom who is a complete incompetent parent. He won't talk to me about it on the telephone so I am going to have to go to his school tomorrow and see if he is expelled the rest of the year.

F2ck me! It isn't like I do not have 100 other problems and I am already stressed out more then most guys can handle. Sorry for the rant but I have so much going against me right now and I can't seem to catch a break.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I brought a bb gun to school, and though I got in trouble there was no cops involved. Things today are WAY toooooooo overboard. Sorry about the incident, sounds like crap to me. Good luck on that contest, that would be nice. I think it's hard for a lot of people mate. My wifes dad just got laid off, he's been doing his job for 27 years, and is turning 61 this sunday so he's too young to get SS and best of all, his company is giving him SH*T for compensation, no retirement or anything. 27 years for crap! So now he has no job, no health insurance (thank you lobbysts and Republican congress with some dems), and a less than adequate un-employment check. This very thing is why I want out of corporate america and scrambling for some one else.
    Still waiting for the announcement. I guess the guy is having a hard time choosing between the 3 of us. I know things are tough all over and I know many people do not have half as much as I do. I am thankful for what I do have. I am not so much worried about myself - it is my family. You know they depend on me and I feel like I am on the edge of letting them down and failing them big time. It is due to circumstances beyond my control but it still doesn't take the crappy feeling away. I am not having a pity party though.

I am sorry to here about your father-in-law. I think it is really crappy people spend their entire lives working for a company and thinking they have a compensation package only to lose it all in the end while the management walks with millions. Government is doing it to people too. Springfield PD took everything from their Police Officers ad now they can't keep people hired. I had friends lose everything they thought they had coming. The same city manager who took it all from them made sure his compensation package was intact when he left the city. He got the same compensation that he just helped take from the PD. HYPOCRITES!!

I talked with the assistant principle today and have a meeting tomorrow. They kid with the BB gun threatened my son and supposedly that is why he put it in his backpack. Still stupid and now I am going to have a really hard time trusting him in the future. I just hope he doesn't get thrown out of school. He is a really good kid with a big heart. He might be more disappointed in himself than I am.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Sorry bout the bb gun thing... my best hopes are for you and your family.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    Good luck snake, hope everything works out for the best brother.

Peace, Nick
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    best of luck to you. i know what it's like to be downsized as i was right after i got back from my vacation. i ended up relocating and finding another job (thank God) but it took all summer long to get one. anyways, I feel your pain, I'll send up a prayer for you.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    You're in my thoughts snake... God bless
    Well, my son got a 1 day suspension from school and everything is cool. He is a good kid and thank God no one over reacted.

I have been worried sick about this $2000 contest that I was in the top 3 for. I found out today that not only did I not win but I will be losing my job tonight. It was a giveaway based on what you would do with $2000. The guy who won basically copied what I said. It about brought me to tears. Give me a moment to vent here if you could. I am not trying to feel sorry for myself but when you keep getting kicked in the balls I just do not know how you are supposed to stay positive and get back up.

I have spent so much time away from home working for a bunch of a holes and for what. Here in the end I am going to lose it all. All that time away from my daughter. I was gone 3 years out of the last 4 1/2. My daughter is only 3 1/2. What was the point of it all? I paid my bills last Friday and we had $65 left to live off of for gas and groceries. I was about in tears at the grocery store trying to figure out how to feed my family and have enough gas to go to work. Needless to say I am not a happy camper and my pissed off attitude is really upsetting my wife and causing arguments. I love my wife but we are not getting along and money is the reason.

I look at my kids and am so grateful for their health and well being. My 3 year old daughter has such a wonderful sense of imagination. Her world is so carefree and happy. I look at her and it just kills me that I am failing her. It kills me that I can't give her everything. My older boys have a sense of what is going on but they do not know the extent of things. I can see they are concerned but I wish I could take that all away and they could be as carefree as their sister. If it was just me I could handle this but I can't handle letting my kids down. I have run out of things to sell to keep things together.

I have been poor, hungry, and homeless in my life only to fight back and get to an amazing place. I just do not feel like I have any fight left in me to do it anymore. I feel pretty down and out guys and just don't know what to do. I feel pretty helpless and scared. Sorry if I brought anyone down. I keep trying to remind myself of all the blessings I do have. I keep trying to remind myself of the people who have suffered and sacrificed more then me. It is just really hard. Thanks for listening.
    I'm right there with you bro. I just decided today that we are going to let the house go to the bank. I work at a job that I really don't care about but can't seem to find a better one, but my 2 girls are happy and healthy so I should be more grateful. Listen, you still have a lot going for you. Sure times are tough but your kids are great and that's what counts. Maybe by losing your job, you can get some retraining and do something else you want to do. It's a tough time for a lot of people right now, me being one of them, hell I don't even own my own car anymore which is a big deal for me as I'm a car freak, but this too shall pass. Go have a smoke tonight, and just be quiet and listen for the voice that tells you what to do next. I'll say another prayer for you bud
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    jsnake:
    Well, my son got a 1 day suspension from school and everything is cool. He is a good kid and thank God no one over reacted.

I have been worried sick about this $2000 contest that I was in the top 3 for. I found out today that not only did I not win but I will be losing my job tonight. It was a giveaway based on what you would do with $2000. The guy who won basically copied what I said. It about brought me to tears. Give me a moment to vent here if you could. I am not trying to feel sorry for myself but when you keep getting kicked in the balls I just do not know how you are supposed to stay positive and get back up.

I have spent so much time away from home working for a bunch of a holes and for what. Here in the end I am going to lose it all. All that time away from my daughter. I was gone 3 years out of the last 4 1/2. My daughter is only 3 1/2. What was the point of it all? I paid my bills last Friday and we had $65 left to live off of for gas and groceries. I was about in tears at the grocery store trying to figure out how to feed my family and have enough gas to go to work. Needless to say I am not a happy camper and my pissed off attitude is really upsetting my wife and causing arguments. I love my wife but we are not getting along and money is the reason.

I look at my kids and am so grateful for their health and well being. My 3 year old daughter has such a wonderful sense of imagination. Her world is so carefree and happy. I look at her and it just kills me that I am failing her. It kills me that I can't give her everything. My older boys have a sense of what is going on but they do not know the extent of things. I can see they are concerned but I wish I could take that all away and they could be as carefree as their sister. If it was just me I could handle this but I can't handle letting my kids down. I have run out of things to sell to keep things together.

I have been poor, hungry, and homeless in my life only to fight back and get to an amazing place. I just do not feel like I have any fight left in me to do it anymore. I feel pretty down and out guys and just don't know what to do. I feel pretty helpless and scared. Sorry if I brought anyone down. I keep trying to remind myself of all the blessings I do have. I keep trying to remind myself of the people who have suffered and sacrificed more then me. It is just really hard. Thanks for listening.
    I understand your frustration and your worrying about what is to come...

I don't know your beliefs but I DO know that everything happens for a reason, I know, that's probably the shittiest thing to say right now, but I've been through my mother almost dying on my twice, my father dying on me in Kindergarten, almost being homeless as a kid, growing up in a poor single parent household and etc....

I know what it's like to "Not have the fight in you anymore"

Every single time this happens to me I feel the same way you do right now, I dwell on it.
    "Why can't things be easier?"
    "Why did this have to happen NOW?"
    "How come nobody WARNED me?"
    "How can I just give up?!"

The good news is that one day, I just wake up... look at myself in the mirror and somehow, subconsciously, I put myself at ease, the tension and stress is gone and even though the horrible $hit that happened is still going on, I'm somehow at ease... I don't know what the answer is, but I just know that it's going to be okay...

I shall pray that you wake up with a calm realization to get that FIGHT back and get out there and get back to the top...

Good luck brother
    Thanks guys. I just really needed some friends at this point with some encouraging words. I know it isn't just happening to me. I won't give up because my family needs me. I love my wife and kids so much and am so grateful for them. I don't want you guys to think I am a crybaby p@ssy. I just had to get some of that out there and off my chest because it is building up. I feel really foolish on my cigar purchases the last few months even though I got some insane deals. I guess I bought into the economy is getting better and on paper work was looking ok. My wife and I live within our means. We just traded in our brand new SUV for a 2 year old minivan to get a lower payment and lower insurance. I drive a 10 year old car to work. We are good people and I am just so tired of seeing good people hurting. Even when I am doing ok it still makes me sick to know kids are homeless and hungry in our country. I have tried in the past to help people and do good things. As a cop I had seen it all and it always seems like good people are always getting crapped on while sh!theads always catch the breaks. I know it is beyond my control and I shouldn't worry so much but I can't help it.

I am glad for the friendships I have made here in such a short period of time. You BOTL are truly good guys with good hearts. I am glad to belong to this club :) Tonight I will burn one and forget it all for a moment. That is why I love cigars so much. No matter where you are you just sit there and let it take over. For a moment everything in the world is right.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Hang in there, we're all praying for you. I know you don't need cliches right now, but when one door closes another one opens. Like Lassy says, everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we just don't realize it when we are trying to get our nuts out of our throats where someone just kicked them! You are due for something good.
    So I guess that contest for $2000 that I was all excited about was a giant scam. I have been promoting this jack a$$es site and never really expected to win. However when I learned I was in the top 3 to get picked to win I had high hopes. He announces a winner really late and gives the guy 24 hours to respond. The guy never responds and the other guy and I start talking back and forth to talk about it. The prize is supposed to go to one of us. All of the sudden a week after the guys 24 hours all the sudden the prize has been miraculously claimed by someone who wants to be unanimous. BULLSH!T Mother fucker didn't want to follow through on his contest. I really wish I didn't know I was being considered for this bullshit scam.

I am in a tight spot now out of work, out of food, no Christmas for my kids and there are jackasses out there playing with peoples emotions and ***. What the ***! I guess what pisses me off the most is being lied to but also all the social networking I did for this guy. I wasn't expecting to win anything at the time just so you know. I did it just because and it was fun. But to turn around and treat me like a fucking moron really pisses me off. To play me off on my emotions and get my hopes up and then to lie about it. I don't like promoting liars.

Ok feel better now. Had to vent. Now on to better things like finding a job.
    that's a crock of crap, i hate it when you are down on your luck and you get a glimmer of hope, just to have that glimmer crap in your cheerios. don't be to proud to get some unemployment and some food stamps. serious. that's what that *** is for, for normal peeps that lose their jobs.
    Yeah I am gonna collect the unemployment and try to get food stamps. It is hard to swallow my pride but I would do anything for my kids. Still won't be enough to pay the bills. I guess I am getting to the point where I just should quit caring. Maybe just let it all go and screw my credit. I got divorced and finally got perfect credit like 2 years ago after paying off tons of debt and judgments exceeding $50k and I really do not want to have to go through that again. At the same time I am so tired of worrying about it all and being stressed out. IDK. I know lots of people and even some guys here have been through this. Just very hard, confusing, and emotional.
    like i said before, i went through this *** over the summer, but i was very blessed with some side work for cash and eventually i found a job, even though i had to relocate, but that worked out awesome as well. i have people renting my house from me so i could keep that as i almost lost it a year and a half ago. even if i didn't and i had to give it to the bank, oh well. my kids and wife take priority, as they do with you. i really need my credit to be good so i can get a business loan once i have the down payment saved up. but if i give it back and can't get a loan, oh well. i don't want that, but again, i only care about my family. i know you feel the same and this too shall pass and you will be back in no time. i can tell you that the memory of what i struggled through this summer is very faded but when i was going through it, i could barely breathe. it will pass though.