Home General Discussion

New Blends out per CCOM catalogue

cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
Anyone had any of the new blends? RP 1961, Oliva Cain, AJ Fernandez' Diesel, Padilla Dominus? I mean, besides Alex and the sales reps (lucky s.o.b.'s). I'm dying to try all of these, but especially the Diesel... I LOVE AJ's blends. Ruination and Signature are two or my top three cigars. Anyone that's tried them, let us know your thoughts...

Comments

• TheShaunTheShaun Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 425
    Diesel is already on the site, but on order. Odd size. Great box price. $99 for 30 sticks.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    TheShaun:
    Diesel is already on the site, but on order. Odd size. Great box price. $99 for 30 sticks.
    Yeah, I've seen the prices and I'm stoked. Too bad both humi's are full. Oh well, b-day is end of the month. Guess I'm asking for a box of Diesel and a NEW humi. Anyone smoked one yet though?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I haven't tried anything yet, but I really wanna try the 1961 and the diesel. Thinking about buying that new 2009 sampler that they had in the catalog.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I'm excited for all the new blends...

I always hate when something gets RAVE Reveiws or is on CIgar Aficionado's Top 25, but then everyone says "Oh, the FIRST batch was the best, produciton has gone downhill"

And here I am sitting here 3 years after it came out like "What the hell?!?!?"
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Diesel sounds interesting. The RP 1961 sounds good also. I haven't smoked any of them yet though. I don't think any of us have yet.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I want to try the new Padilla then the Diesel. They both sound good.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    j0z3r:
    Who woulda guessed you wanted to try the Padilla first??? LOL
  • mobyallanmobyallan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    The Diesel sounds pretty awesome - any idea when the RP1961 will be on the site? I'm a big fan of RP - especially the Edge series
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    the padilla is coming in the mail, best of show had it it has the rp 1961 also. Im excited.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    TGO had the Caine last time I saw him, he seemed to like it a lot.
  • TGOTGO Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 333
    Yes I did! Full body, great flavor, and smooth on the retrohale... very enjoyableIn fact I smoked it down to the micro nub. Gotta thank Joe for that Cain, he handed me a bag with a few sticks in it and first thing I noticed was the band on the foot of the CAIN~! First one I had seen so had to stick flame to it right away!
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    I know right? What can I say...Doug claims to be the Padilla whore, but I think I could rightfully take that title from him. I'm a damn Padilla maniac, I'd happily smoke nothing but Padilla cigars for the rest of my life.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    The Diesel seems interesting. Anything I've ever had that came out of AJ Fernandez's place regardless of whether I liked the smoke or not has had top notch construction, so that's worth a try. I haven't seen what the flavor profile on the 1961 is.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Call and ask, I have the 1961 on its way, and the dominus is sitting in my campus mailroom for me to grab tomorrow. The cain is good, not great. They are hefty mofos and in my opinion, might be a bit too tightly rolled. I have tried both the maduro and natural and enjoyed the maduros flavor more. Of all these, the only one I wont have tried by saturday is the diesel, and I'm looking forward to it.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    All of you, please stop talking about the new stuff that is coming out. I am hanging on here by a thread. I can not buy new stuff! NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad cigar.com forum members, BAD!
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    I know right? What can I say...Doug claims to be the Padilla whore, but I think I could rightfully take that title from him. I'm a damn Padilla maniac, I'd happily smoke nothing but Padilla cigars for the rest of my life.
    Man, I hate to say it, but I've never had a Padilla. I have a Miami in the humi, but have never smoked one.... wait, yeah, had the Obsidian, but wasn't for me. Can't wait to try this Miami, and was to try this new Dominus.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    cholmes8310:
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Man, I hate to say it, but I've never had a Padilla. I have a Miami in the humi, but have never smoked one.... wait, yeah, had the Obsidian, but wasn't for me. Can't wait to try this Miami, and was to try this new Dominus.
    I've never had the Miami actually. I have enjoyed the Padialla smokes i've tried, but for some reason haven't gotten ahold of a Miami still.
    betasynn:
    Call and ask, I have the 1961 on its way, and the dominus is sitting in my campus mailroom for me to grab tomorrow. The cain is good, not great. They are hefty mofos and in my opinion, might be a bit too tightly rolled. I have tried both the maduro and natural and enjoyed the maduros flavor more. Of all these, the only one I wont have tried by saturday is the diesel, and I'm looking forward to it.
    Well just rub it in why don't you! That setlles it, got to call and order one or two of each... damn, now I got to find the funds. Somebody let me hold a dolla!
    Are we hitting a Renaissance of Cigars where they are coming out with Bad-Azz names???

I think it started with Man O' War... Now Diesel and Dominus??? These are the cigars that are beating up the other cigars in the playground and taking their lunch money...

I hope Communidad Premio will be okay!

"Tuck your Money in your socks and Pre-Cut your underwear for easy tearing with Wedgies Communidad!!!"
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    rwheelwright:
    All of you, please stop talking about the new stuff that is coming out. I am hanging on here by a thread. I can not buy new stuff! NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad cigar.com forum members, BAD!
    Send a bunch of your current cigars to me - that will open up plenty of space!
    cholmes8310:
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Incredible!! It's a shame too, the Miami is excellent. If you get any, go for the torpedo, best one in the line.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    mobyallan:
    The Diesel sounds pretty awesome - any idea when the RP1961 will be on the site? I'm a big fan of RP - especially the Edge series
    I'm not sure when it will be offered on the site, but it is available if you call in your order.
    I am holding the Dominus right now. Got five of them, they look fantastic. Awesome looking silver lions head on the band. I am in class so I can't smell 'em yet.
    betasynn:
    I am holding the Dominus right now. Got five of them, they look fantastic. Awesome looking silver lions head on the band. I am in class so I can't smell 'em yet.
    That excited huh? Sitting in class, holding your cigars, longing to smell em? Yeah, that's cool, but I'd probably be asleep in class instead....
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    betasynn:

Id be trying to smell the girl in the short skirt sitting next to me!

Fourtotheflush:
    betasynn:

I think the girl that sits next to me in that class might be a boy.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    betasynn:
    Fourtotheflush:
    betasynn:

LMFAO.... gotta love deadpan one-liners...
    betasynn:
    Fourtotheflush:
    betasynn:

Only one way to find out....
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I got a cain natural from the B&M the other week and have been waiting to give it a try. When I smoke it I'll probably give my thoughts on "Whatcha smokin' tonight?".
    Did you try the Dominus yet beta? I've got some coming my way (thank you Tim) and can't wait to fire one up.