Home General Discussion

I think this just might be the last Liga I smoke

2»

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    danielzreyes:
    catfishbluezz:
    What is that????
    It's the same cigar after sitting out for 20 hours. Do you even So Ca weather bro?
    how does that even happen!??!!!!??!?!?!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I've never had a Liga that I liked, although I do love the smoke output. Tons of smoke is a good thing
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    dennisking:
    I've never had a Liga that I liked, although I do love the smoke output. Tons of smoke is a good thing
    big +1. a reason why I lik-ed them
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    danielzreyes:
    dennisking:
    Infusion is a wonderful thing eh...?
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    dennisking:
    Liga isn't infused.
    dennisking:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    dennisking:
    Liga isn't infused.
    ever wonder why the wrapper combusts like no other? Or why they don't age? Kinda funny how every other cigar in the history of cigars doesn't age that way. Let's just say they apply a process...
    Got any more info on that? I'm not arguing for the sake of argument but I've smoked some of the Natural line that is infused with zero problems.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    dennisking:
    Got any more info on that? I'm not arguing for the sake of argument but I've smoked some of the Natural line that is infused with zero problems.
    in the fermentation stages, DE uses a device to wet the leaves with water that has been steeped in tobacco stems of black tobacco, thus reintroducing oils to the tobacco leaves.

its tobacco that is "infused" with "tobacco"

many brands use water that has been steeped in tobacco remnants and scrap to moisten tobacco that is being rolled. the moistened tobacco rolls better.
    Padron does this for wrapper and binder, Plasencia does it on some wrapper, Rocky patel does it on Maduros in a slightly different way that evens out color. (this is where the "rocky patel dyes their maduro cigars" rumors started. yes they do a bit more than some would like but the fact of the matter is MANY brands to it to even out tone so cigars look good)

DE has taken the water steeped in tobacco to a new level and uses it as another place that flavor can be added.

interesting and innovative idea from DE, but not very clear on how successful the idea has been, or if it is worth it.
    catfishbluezz:
    ever wonder why the wrapper combusts like no other? Or why they don't age? Kinda funny how every other cigar in the history of cigars doesn't age that way. Let's just say they apply a process...
    this is also one of the reasons (according to Saka) that the cigar puts out such high volumes of smoke.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    I think they are phenomenal smokes. Just my opinion.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    MorganGeo:
    I think they are phenomenal smokes. Just my opinion.
    i feel like i can't comment on this thread for fear, but I'm going to anyway. THe only ligas i have smoked have been the undercrowns. I smoked a FFP but was HAMMERED when i pulled it out and don't remember a thing about it, but i can totally see what people are saying about construction with the undercrown. I love the flavors, a really great cigar, but i have had several fall apart on me.
    dennisking:
    I'm not saying it contributes to the construction issues by any means. I am not at liberty to discuss what I do know really, but some of it may come out in the near future in the world of cigar press. They are very secretive with their process. In that lies profitability, and the cigar world is full of sharks on the business end.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    I have seen a lot of information in the past about whether DE infuses the Liga line to create the color, flavor and smoke output. I guess my opinion is -who cares? If you buy it, light it and enjoy it, then does the process matter as long as it is not adding health risk?

• kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
    Those that know, can't say. Those that say, don't know. ;)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Seems that there is a process that I was unaware of previously. My above post about the water steeped with black tobacco is still true... but apparently so are other things.

...still doesn't change my recent disappointment with the brand. Still don't think they are worth the price point.

...still losing interest in all the over hype. This just adds to it. Kinda comes off as arrogance.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Whenever I smoke a liga my face feels covered in grease afterwards. My daughter once said I smelled like gasoline after I smoked one. I heard once they put mineral oil in the wrappers somehow to make that much smoke. Even if they don't I can't smoke them. The construction issues alone are problematic. Paying $12-18 each is also a major put off.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Bummer man. I have the same problem with Ovals. Everytime I cut on the cap comes off. Jeez AJ how bout putting a freakin bigger cap on them!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Marker:
    Whenever I smoke a liga my face feels covered in grease afterwards. My daughter once said I smelled like gasoline after I smoked one. I heard once they put mineral oil in the wrappers somehow to make that much smoke. Even if they don't I can't smoke them. The construction issues alone are problematic. Paying $12-18 each is also a major put off.
    I like them but for the price the Undercrown is the only one that wows me.
    I am looking forward to knowing more about this process when the article comes out. It doesn't sway me either way. I have respect for JD and the jobs his company provides to many many people. I have respect for DE and how they helped popularize cigar culture with their own special twist on it. I just don't like the flavor of the LP sticks.