Home General Discussion

I think this just might be the last Liga I smoke

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
did this, after 5 min in ............... again
photo 912ACA43-orig.jpg

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Mine usually split too. No matter how long I let them rest out of the humi. :(
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Dang! That's a shame. Lemme know if you're inclined to donate to "Puff_Dougie's Home for Wayward Ligas." We'd hate to see an unloved DE stick wandering the streets. ;^)
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    That is painful to see. I have had that happen before. I found that a I had a bad spot on my cutter. Maybe punch the next one to see if it's a bad batch of sticks. Those lances are in the bull pen when your ready.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Weird...never had one split on me before but it happens...was it from a box or was it just a single?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    75% of the undercrown I smoke always crack.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Weird. Every UC I've had has gone without flaw that I've noticed.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    It's funny how split the Liga experience seems to be. I smoke UC, 9s and T-52s more than any other stick (4-5 per week) and I have yet to have even one issue with splits, draw, or bad burns... Go Figure.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I haven't had MANY issues till recent months. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the So Ca weather, as its been all over the place lately. But I figured if other brands can hold up, why can't these? Unless Im gifted with them, I won't be buying anymore.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Puff_Dougie:
    Dang! That's a shame. Lemme know if you're inclined to donate to "Puff_Dougie's Home for Wayward Ligas." We'd hate to see an unloved DE stick wandering the streets. ;^)
    if you see it as that DE has a whole orfanage
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Even I haven't seen that --- and I can get every kind of a burn issue
  • slamb@cigar.comslamb@cigar.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    Did you try dry boxing any of these, that usually fixes the burn issues.
    I dont practice dry boxing. I keep my humis at 65-67
    danielzreyes:
    I dont practice dry boxing. I keep my humis at 65-67
    or does that still matter?
  • slamb@cigar.comslamb@cigar.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    It would still help...at least in most cases.
    Numerous botls are ranting about their issues and posting their pics with the LP Undercrown on Instagram. Heres is DE Cigars' response. (Tunneling issues)

"we had an issue with Undercrowns from last June. Basically, the intense rainy season in Nicaragua caused the cigars we were rolling to be very wet. When we dried the cigars, it turns out we overdried them. This caused the tobacco in the center of the cigars to be much drier than the rest, which resulted in tunneling. We have replaced every problem cigar that we've been notified of, and then some. Not much else we can do after the cigars are on the market."
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    danielzreyes:
    Numerous botls are ranting about their issues and posting their pics with the LP Undercrown on Instagram. Heres is DE Cigars' response. (Tunneling issues)

"we had an issue with Undercrowns from last June. Basically, the intense rainy season in Nicaragua caused the cigars we were rolling to be very wet. When we dried the cigars, it turns out we overdried them. This caused the tobacco in the center of the cigars to be much drier than the rest, which resulted in tunneling. We have replaced every problem cigar that we've been notified of, and then some. Not much else we can do after the cigars are on the market."
    all my undercrown pigs tunnelled. I need 3 boxes replaced
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:

all my undercrown pigs tunnelled. I need 3 boxes replaced
    Lol.....yeah, me too and I have the half ashes to prove it. Quite a statement from the Manufacturer to replace every problem cigar and to follow through with. That's a company I tend to support!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    They say they replaced em....so how are so many people having problems? DE is not known for QC in the first place. Apparently every cigar rolled in Nicaragua in June should be having problems. Not much else we can do after the cigars are on the market. = Kick rocks.
    IMHO DE can suck it!! It's all hype and marketing!! Would I really want too smoke a ffp no why it's a sausage!! Do I think most of the people that work for them are idiots yes!! Never understood the following and hate when people are so wrapped up in one company that everything else is horrid. Sakas gone now but they still thrive on KFC really from all my understanding of true cigar guys it stinks!! But yet they sell out? Some people smoke the brand and not the good stuff ok rant over
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Lee.mcglynn:
    IMHO DE can suck it!! It's all hype and marketing!! Would I really want too smoke a ffp no why it's a sausage!! Do I think most of the people that work for them are idiots yes!! Never understood the following and hate when people are so wrapped up in one company that everything else is horrid. Sakas gone now but they still thrive on KFC really from all my understanding of true cigar guys it stinks!! But yet they sell out? Some people smoke the brand and not the good stuff ok rant over

What is weird Lee, is that you and I seem to like many of the same smokes - and I love the 9 and the T-52. The UC I consider a good stick for an everyday smoke. Not top choice, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I like liga for the flavors, not the branding, rarity, or whatever. I don't find them that rare to be honest.

pross:
    Lee.mcglynn:

What is weird Lee, is that you and I seem to like many of the same smokes - and I love the 9 and the T-52. The UC I consider a good stick for an everyday smoke. Not top choice, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I like liga for the flavors, not the branding, rarity, or whatever. I don't find them that rare to be honest.

its actually the truth!! I just refuse too smoke DE's stuff because of the pushers and all that! I don't believe in the hype and marketing and I'm sure they are great but I just now stay away from them. I like what I like and if someone tells me I'm not a true enough smoker too enjoy the stuff I don't like well they are banned lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    its too bad. DE used to have such good quality control.

cant win em all.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Saka left DE? Damn, I missed a lot. This cannot bode well for DE.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    rwheelwright:
    75% of the undercrown I smoke always crack.
    Funny, 75% of the crack I smoke always undercrowns.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Yo, stogie stand man --- which vitola was that??

UC corona vivas have treated me well ....

But the other UC vitolas (belis/toros) I've tried have had more problems than a cubscout at Neverland Ranch....aye aye aye

jgibv:
    Yo, stogie stand man --- which vitola was that??

UC corona vivas have treated me well ....

But the other UC vitolas (belis/toros) I've tried have had more problems than a cubscout at Neverland Ranch....aye aye aye

lol it was a corona viva
    Yesterday I remembered that I wanted to keep the band for craft purposes. Check out what happened to it after a whole day of sitting out.
    photo 3E8226C3-orig.jpg
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    What is that????
    catfishbluezz:
    What is that????
    It's the same cigar after sitting out for 20 hours. Do you even So Ca weather bro?