Home General Discussion

Smoking misfortune....

2»

Comments

• mobyallanmobyallan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    I would have been ticked off too - did you get accounts payable to deduct $$ of the bill?
    gmill880:
    I did lay a smoke down on the window sill outside my workplace one day while I went inside to take care of a customer. When I came back out the window washers had arrived and guess what ...there lays my cigar about 1/2 smoked on the ground soaked. I look at it and then at them and they are all big-eyed and they go Uuhhh Uuhhh man was that your cigar? I stare at them and say "you know what ? That was my damn cigar ...which one of you two decided it needed a bath ? Them: "ugghh ugghhh we didn't see it and then it was like on the ground and all wet and ugghhh uhhhh . Me: Don't sweat it man I'll just go inside and have accounts payable deduct $20.00 from the window washing bill...$5.00 for a new smoke $5.00 for gas and another $10.00 for my time to go 4 or 5 streets over to the B&M and pick up a new one!!! Them: Uhhh Uhhh Uhhh we'll have to check with our supervisor about that uhhh uhhh. Me: Thats cool you check with whoever you need to while I go have this deducted from your bill !!! Them : Uhhh Uhhhh we cant finish if your going to do that uhhh uhhh as they look around all big eyed and goofy . Then my supervisor (who thought the whole damn thing was hilarious) comes out and gets me back inside because he see's everyones getting really agitated . My fault for leaving it out there ??? Probably ...but still to be a window washer don't you still have to be able to see !!!??? Damn !!!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    mobyallan:
    I would have been ticked off too - did you get accounts payable to deduct $$ of the bill?
    gmill880:
    I did lay a smoke down on the window sill outside my workplace one day while I went inside to take care of a customer. When I came back out the window washers had arrived and guess what ...there lays my cigar about 1/2 smoked on the ground soaked. I look at it and then at them and they are all big-eyed and they go Uuhhh Uuhhh man was that your cigar? I stare at them and say "you know what ? That was my damn cigar ...which one of you two decided it needed a bath ? Them: "ugghh ugghhh we didn't see it and then it was like on the ground and all wet and ugghhh uhhhh . Me: Don't sweat it man I'll just go inside and have accounts payable deduct $20.00 from the window washing bill...$5.00 for a new smoke $5.00 for gas and another $10.00 for my time to go 4 or 5 streets over to the B&M and pick up a new one!!! Them: Uhhh Uhhh Uhhh we'll have to check with our supervisor about that uhhh uhhh. Me: Thats cool you check with whoever you need to while I go have this deducted from your bill !!! Them : Uhhh Uhhhh we cant finish if your going to do that uhhh uhhh as they look around all big eyed and goofy . Then my supervisor (who thought the whole damn thing was hilarious) comes out and gets me back inside because he see's everyones getting really agitated . My fault for leaving it out there ??? Probably ...but still to be a window washer don't you still have to be able to see !!!??? Damn !!!!

No they wouldn't let me do it ...but if it had been up to me I would have deducted it to teach them to watch what they were doing !
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    (note to self, don't piss off Gene)
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    So I learned the hard way not to smoke with your shirt off. Twice the ash dropped and rolled down my chest and stomach burning the bejesus out of me.
    Matt Marvel:
    So I learned the hard way not to smoke with your shirt off. Twice the ash dropped and rolled down my chest and stomach burning the bejesus out of me.

Chit I would just be happy that it was warm enough to smoke with my shirt off.....calling for snow flurries here tonight ...I also work 40 miles from my home on top of a mountain and its already blowing snow there now and calling for an inch or more there tonight !
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    gmill880:
    Matt Marvel:

Chit I would just be happy that it was warm enough to smoke with my shirt off.....calling for snow flurries here tonight ...I also work 40 miles from my home on top of a mountain and its already blowing snow there now and calling for an inch or more there tonight !
    Oh boy... Sounds like Gene works in a blizzard, walking 20 miles uphill BOTH WAYS and back then, GENE Never complained about it! (You damn kids today!)
    Lasabar:
    gmill880:
    Matt Marvel:

Oh boy... Sounds like Gene works in a blizzard, walking 20 miles uphill BOTH WAYS and back then, GENE Never complained about it! (You damn kids today!)

Heeheehee!!!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    One of my friends is interested in cigars but hasn't smoked many. Being the more experienced smoker I thought I'd share. Unfortunately the sticks I had with me were the Dominicos and after a blaze up and about 10 minutes I realized the sticks were just plain garbage. Terrible burns, mine peeled like a banana and his tunneled for the entire first inch.....
    Nothing makes you look like an ass more than sharing a bad stick with a newbie.