Home General Discussion

Smoking misfortune....

stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
Holy crap just had my first centurion!!! Smoked it for an hour and a half and still had about an inch left. I set it down because I got a call to sign some paperwork and had to step inside. Was gone for a minute tops and came back to see a homeless guy walking away with the last inch of my Gurkha.... share some of your smoking mishaps.

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    LOL.... that's funny. But you should write the entire cigar off on your taxes as a charitable donation.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    clearlysuspect:
    LOL.... that's funny. But you should write the entire cigar off on your taxes as a charitable donation.
    LOL that's a good idea.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    it was dark and i was on me 3rd cigar and somewhere in the teens on pints of beer anyway cigar was in the ashtray, and the wind had changed direction so i turned my chair around. picked up my cigar want went to take a puff,, i did it without looking as i had been all night and the look on my face when the cigar went in the wrong way around was apparently priceless. yum a mouth full of hot ash. because id changed my seat around the cigar was facing the wrong way when i picked it up. wasn't a happy bunny. not as funny as your story though
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    A bum stole your cigar? Ha, that's pretty funny. I agree, you should write that off.

I can't think of any 'misfortunes', but I once was outside smoking, watching a bad thunderstorm roll in. I had a good inch of ash going(I can't remember the cigar). Pellets of rain started falling here and there, and one came down and had a direct hit on my ash. It was pretty odd.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I bought from Thomspon Scamgars once. Enough said.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I got home last night (pretty late) and came out to my garage to smoke a Rocky Patel Summer 08. I smoked about an inch of it before I fell asleep on my futon here, and when I woke up and drug myself to bed, I didn't even think of it. This morning when I got up, the remainder had been ruined by the humidity. Not really funny or anything, but I thought it was rather tragic.
    alienmisprint:
    I got home last night (pretty late) and came out to my garage to smoke a Rocky Patel Summer 08. I smoked about an inch of it before I fell asleep on my futon here, and when I woke up and drug myself to bed, I didn't even think of it. This morning when I got up, the remainder had been ruined by the humidity. Not really funny or anything, but I thought it was rather tragic.
    For some reason, it seemed like this was going to end with your futon being burned up by the cigar. Thankfully, that didn't happen. Sucks you lost your cigar though.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    stephen_hannibal:
    Holy crap just had my first centurion!!! Smoked it for an hour and a half and still had about an inch left. I set it down because I got a call to sign some paperwork and had to step inside. Was gone for a minute tops and came back to see a homeless guy walking away with the last inch of my Gurkha.... share some of your smoking mishaps.
    hahaha, wow, that's good. I don't have any misfortunes other than when my wife makes me do something and I have to come back to a cigar hours later. Doesn't happen much but it does. Yeah I could just wait till I'm done but then I hear her bugging me the whole time... grrrr.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Sooo im waiting for the bus to go to the dentist and so I decide to smoke a cigar..(and no i dont have anything against my dentist , I brought some mouth wash!).
    I was relatively new to cigars and was puffing/chomping away at the thing for some time.
    Finished up the cigar just as the bus was pulling in , got on the bus
    Then...BAM!!
    It hits me , too much nicotine for such a rookie smoker..im on the bus and im sweating and griping my seat tiring with all my might to not puke on the lap of the people sitting next to me...
    Im just sitting there green as grass eyes fixed in the distance concentrating...dont throw up...dont throw up....
    Every bump and curve is one step towards putting my over the edge.......I get to my stop
    I bolt out the door of the bus and run into the public washroom of the mall that my dentist is in....and i wait ......clinging to the sink and splashing water on my face every now and then.....i get over it..no sicky sicky...I march up to my dentist just in time for a filling.......
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Wow that was probably the most intense cigar story I've ever heard. Anyways, one time as I was sitting down on my balcony to enjoy a La Aroma de Cuba toro, I somehow dropped it on the ground before lighting, cracking the wrapper and pretty much ruining the experiance before it even started, sad day.
    T. Gervais:
    Wow that was probably the most intense cigar story I've ever heard. Anyways, one time as I was sitting down on my balcony to enjoy a La Aroma de Cuba toro, I somehow dropped it on the ground before lighting, cracking the wrapper and pretty much ruining the experiance before it even started, sad day.
    I dropped a La Flor Dominica Ligero once, and it the edge of my laundry basket, chipping a tiny bit around the foot. I was still able to smoke it without many problems, thankfully.
    jeff_connors:
    Sooo im waiting for the bus to go to the dentist and so I decide to smoke a cigar..(and no i dont have anything against my dentist , I brought some mouth wash!).
    I was relatively new to cigars and was puffing/chomping away at the thing for some time.
    Then...BAM!!
    It hits me , too much nicotine for such a rookie smoker..im on the bus and im sweating and griping my seat tiring with all my might to not puke on the lap of the people sitting next to me...
    Im just sitting there green as grass eyes fixed in the distance concentrating...dont throw up...dont throw up....
    Every bump and curve is one step towards putting my over the edge.......I get to my stop
    I bolt out the door of the bus and run into the public washroom of the mall that my dentist is in....and i wait ......clinging to the sink and splashing water on my face every now and then.....i get over it..no sicky sicky...I march up to my dentist just in time for a filling.......
    Wow.... LLS!!!!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Nothing too crazy but I let my first 20ct humi dry out for a year before I started smoking again.... those cigars SUCKED
    stephen_hannibal:
    jeff_connors:
    Then...BAM!!
    Wow.... LLS!!!!
    LLS what are we talking here???;-)
    Acronym Definition
    LLS Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
    LLS Linear-Least Squares
    LLS Language Learning Strategies
    LLS Language Line Services (translation company)
    LLS Light Louisiana Sweet (crude oil grade)
    LLS Licensed Land Surveyor
    LLS Laser Line Scanner
    LLS Language Learning Solutions
    LLS Liquid Level Sensor
    LLS Laser Light Source
    LLS Laboratori de Llum de Sincrotró (Synchrotron Light Laboratory; Barcelona, Spain)
    LLS Local Line Switch
    LLS Localized Light Scattering
    LLS Low-Level Solid
    LLS Low Level Support
    LLS Lower Level Switch
    LLS Lunar Logistic System
    LLS Libertarian Leadership School (Libertarian National Committee)
    LLS Land Leveling System
    LLS Logical-Level Sharing
    LLS Lunar Landing Simulator
    LLS Learning and Life Skills (education)
    LLS Location Look-Up Support
    LLS Lower Limit Switch
    LLS Laser Leveling System
  • BeagronomisBeagronomis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    Beagronomis:
    Lol ha ha
    Yeh im thinking it means "lower limit switch" its the only thing that really makes sense ;-)
    LOL, it means Laughing Like $#¡?!!!!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I was reading a book one fine summer evening and enjoying a delicious Padilla Habano and needed to turn the page, so I placed the cigar in my mouth, turned the page, and as I was bringing my hand back up to my cigar, the healthy size ash-bomb fell off right on top of my finger. It was a blistering mess for about a week, but now I've got a dimple on the back of my finger to remind me that a healthy fat ash is good, but don't let that beauty burn you. Control your fat ash...

Battle wounds
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    nightmaremike31:
    I was reading a book one fine summer evening and enjoying a delicious Padilla Habano and needed to turn the page, so I placed the cigar in my mouth, turned the page, and as I was bringing my hand back up to my cigar, the healthy size ash-bomb fell off right on top of my finger. It was a blistering mess for about a week, but now I've got a dimple on the back of my finger to remind me that a healthy fat ash is good, but don't let that beauty burn you. Control your fat ash...

Battle wounds
    is this one big metaphor? just wondering :P
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    nightmaremike31:

Battle wounds

How about dropping that fat ash onto your lap while driving 74.9 mph on I94 somewhere in Wisconsin? Good thing I had no cars next to me cause I used ALL the lanes for a few seconds. I now ash regularly out the window.
    "No officer, I was NOT texting"!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I was in Cancun last year when Hurrican Gustav was crossing between Cuba and Cancun heading into the Gulf. The wind was blowing steady and the waves were crashing on the shore. I had a Long Island Icetea in one hand and a Bolivar Cuban cigar in the other and was out on a large rock next to the water. A big wave smashed into the rock and soaked me along with my cigar! The cigar was lost but the long island survived! It was probably a good thing I had a few drinks!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    JZ:
    I was in Cancun last year when Hurrican Gustav was crossing between Cuba and Cancun heading into the Gulf. The wind was blowing steady and the waves were crashing on the shore. I had a Long Island Icetea in one hand and a Bolivar Cuban cigar in the other and was out on a large rock next to the water. A big wave smashed into the rock and soaked me along with my cigar! The cigar was lost but the long island survived! It was probably a good thing I had a few drinks!
    Could've been worse...you could have fallen in! but at least you saved the long island.
  • thekenny17thekenny17 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    Well I'm in the Army here in Afghanistan... and when I saw that I could buy Cuban cigars here legally, I figured why the hell not. I found a Cohiba Siglo VI that I let sit in my humidor until my birthday came around. I started smoking that thing and the first inch was awesome. Then of course some yahoo pilot decides to fly his Black Hawk a little too close and I dropped the stick from the sudden rotor wash. Thankfully the "5 second rule" applied and after wiping off the dust and losing the nice ash, the rest of the cigar was equally excellent. Crisis averted I guess, but it could have been bad! Hope I didn't catch any weird diseases off the local dirt, but dang if that cigar wasn't worth the Hepatitis or whatever I'll come down with...
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I've had the Cohiba Siglo VI myself, and it is a really good smoke. The price was a bit high but the experience was nice. I would have invoked a "1 hour rule" on that 1 since I would have chased down that pilot! JK !
  • mobyallanmobyallan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    I recently made a purchase from Thompson Cigars and received two "follow" up phone calls trying to either sell me something else or for no apparent reason (not kidding either. Some Indian lady called last night just to remind me that I was purchasing tobacco products from the internet. I was like - no shite really?)
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    mobyallan:
    I recently made a purchase from Thompson Cigars and received two "follow" up phone calls trying to either sell me something else or for no apparent reason (not kidding either. Some Indian lady called last night just to remind me that I was purchasing tobacco products from the internet. I was like - no shite really?)
    your stuck for life
  • mobyallanmobyallan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    Really? I had a feeling...lol
    tshaw:
    mobyallan:
    your stuck for life
    mobyallan:
    I've never heard anything good about those guys. I work with a lady who has a husband that smokes cigars. We've talked a bit here and there about cigars, and she said would bring me one of his catalogs. I told her that I shop at cigar.com, and she replied "Oh, well, you probably get a better deal than he does then." Yes I do.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    tshaw:
    nightmaremike31:

Battle wounds
    is this one big metaphor? just wondering :P

Metaphor?...?...

It's a shpeach impediment. And it sheemsh to follow through in to my typing abilitieshs every now and then.

I'm an ash man. And a big ash is hot... but I'm jusht a little guy and I don't have big handshs, sho I can't alwaysh handle the big hot ash very well. Shometimesh I need to warm up and do shome shtretchesh and what not to prepare. I like to think of myshelf ash an athelete when it comesh to big ash.

... wait, are we talking about cigarshs?
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I did lay a smoke down on the window sill outside my workplace one day while I went inside to take care of a customer. When I came back out the window washers had arrived and guess what ...there lays my cigar about 1/2 smoked on the ground soaked. I look at it and then at them and they are all big-eyed and they go Uuhhh Uuhhh man was that your cigar? I stare at them and say "you know what ? That was my damn cigar ...which one of you two decided it needed a bath ? Them: "ugghh ugghhh we didn't see it and then it was like on the ground and all wet and ugghhh uhhhh . Me: Don't sweat it man I'll just go inside and have accounts payable deduct $20.00 from the window washing bill...$5.00 for a new smoke $5.00 for gas and another $10.00 for my time to go 4 or 5 streets over to the B&M and pick up a new one!!! Them: Uhhh Uhhh Uhhh we'll have to check with our supervisor about that uhhh uhhh. Me: Thats cool you check with whoever you need to while I go have this deducted from your bill !!! Them : Uhhh Uhhhh we cant finish if your going to do that uhhh uhhh as they look around all big eyed and goofy . Then my supervisor (who thought the whole damn thing was hilarious) comes out and gets me back inside because he see's everyones getting really agitated . My fault for leaving it out there ??? Probably ...but still to be a window washer don't you still have to be able to see !!!??? Damn !!!!