Home General Discussion

Rocky Patel Decade

2»

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    Krieg:
    I really wish ccom would do some daily deals on OWR or Decades. But if I remember correctly, they aren't allowed to sell decades online, (like the Reniassance). I have a ton of decades atm, but really would like to see some OWR Daily Deals.
    Is that really a formal rule or something? Cause I HAVE bought them online... Just not from CCOM... Are companies breaking a law then? What was the reasoning for not selling online? Yeah - if there were deals either on Decades or OWR I would be all over them...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Renaissance_Man:
    Krieg:
    I really wish ccom would do some daily deals on OWR or Decades. But if I remember correctly, they aren't allowed to sell decades online, (like the Reniassance). I have a ton of decades atm, but really would like to see some OWR Daily Deals.
    Is that really a formal rule or something? Cause I HAVE bought them online... Just not from CCOM... Are companies breaking a law then? What was the reasoning for not selling online? Yeah - if there were deals either on Decades or OWR I would be all over them...
    I don't think they are breaking the law but they are breaking their agreement to NOT sell them online if that is the case.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    rwheelwright:
    Renaissance_Man:
    Krieg:
    I don't think they are breaking the law but they are breaking their agreement to NOT sell them online if that is the case.
    Yeah, I agree, I have also seen the RP Renaissance online a few times. I'm sure they risk getting their contract canceled if they get caught.
    Ok, so I smoked the RP Decade Torpedo last night, and I have to say that it was an awesome smoke. There has to be something different w/ this stick because it tasted different that the other sizes, had a darker wrapper. Granted, it was aged for awhile, but it was sooo much better than the regular Decades I smoke. I can see why this one was rated a 95. Anyone have any ideas why the Torpedo is different than the others?
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I dunno. I've noticed something similar with the 1990. The robustos are good, but the torp and the toros are amazing.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    All I have are Torpedo's and I guess that's GREAT!!

We'll see if I can get my hands on some Toro's though!
    Krieg:
    Ok, so I smoked the RP Decade Torpedo last night, and I have to say that it was an awesome smoke. There has to be something different w/ this stick because it tasted different that the other sizes, had a darker wrapper. Granted, it was aged for awhile, but it was sooo much better than the regular Decades I smoke. I can see why this one was rated a 95. Anyone have any ideas why the Torpedo is different than the others?
    RP has his most experience rollers do the Torps. The Toros are still done by masters but not "the best", which I think would def. make a few "points" of a difference. Wrappers seem to vary a lot as well. I just got 3 torps from Bass and they are as light as I have ever seen Decades. I attribute this to the fact that it gets harder for them to find good wrapper leaf and of course to the smaller amount of time they churn these out into. Now I love the torpedos much more than the toros too. I tried a toro from the "edicion especials" that I have and while it was a decade and was still great, it wasn't perfect, which the Torp is for me... I am going to smoke one of the lighter torps soon and see if that makes any difference. If it does - I will be very very careful and specific next time I buy decades...
    Lasabar:

PM sent...
    Renaissance_Man:
    Krieg:
    RP has his most experience rollers do the Torps. The Toros are still done by masters but not "the best", which I think would def. make a few "points" of a difference. Wrappers seem to vary a lot as well. I just got 3 torps from Bass and they are as light as I have ever seen Decades. I attribute this to the fact that it gets harder for them to find good wrapper leaf and of course to the smaller amount of time they churn these out into. Now I love the torpedos much more than the toros too. I tried a toro from the "edicion especials" that I have and while it was a decade and was still great, it wasn't perfect, which the Torp is for me... I am going to smoke one of the lighter torps soon and see if that makes any difference. If it does - I will be very very careful and specific next time I buy decades...
    yeah, me too. No wonder the Decade torpedos are usually on back order!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Lasabar:

Not sure if its the same info Ren already sent ya, but check your PMs.