Home General Discussion

My 1000th post. UPDATE with a little contest.

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
On this here cigar forum. 1 More off my bucket list. I feel so fulfilled....

imageimageimageimage

A history question about the 2nd Amendment and its real meaning. The 1st correct answer will receive 5 smokes from my 5 Vegas stash, cause them is what I like, and them is what I smoke (no pointy ones).

There was an incident, in the "south", when the citizens of a small town exercised their 2nd Amendment rights and took back their local government, from an absolutely corrupt bunch of politicians and local "law" enforcement.

The whole town was involved and they armed themselves with their legally owned firearms, basically a bunch of farmers with 22s, shot guns and hunting rifles, and they stormed the local government building and took it away from a bunch of very corrupt and arrogant crooks.

They did it with the help of a returning GI (WWII), who I think was in uniform for the attack. It made national headlines and would have made a great movie. There was a short made and it included a lot of well known, at the time, actors. Gee I wonder if hollywood would make a movie about it today...

It was suggested I ask a trivia question for this little contest....but why waste an opportunity. Hope you don't mind my little history exercise.I mean if I have to bust a perfect 1000 it might as well be about something I am a strong believer in.

oopsies....I guess I should ask a question.....NAME THE TOWN and DATE.

Comments

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Congrats brother!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Congrats. Any special smoke for this occasion?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Welcome.. Esteemed member, to the millennium club..With all it's perks and benefits.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    When are we gonna put a post limit on new guys? LOL. Three a day is plenty. Right?
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    Honestly when you've been here 15 mins, and hit 1,000 it's not much of a milestone.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Congrats man here's to many more!!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Congrats. What are you doing to celebrate?
    Yes most use it as an excuse to start a pass or a contest. Let the games begin.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Bump for question.
    Bob Luken:
    bump?

Also at the top cause I ain't awake yet...

A history question about the 2nd Amendment and its real meaning. The 1st correct answer will receive 5 smokes from my 5 Vegas stash, cause them is what I like, and them is what I smoke (no pointy ones). There was an incident, in the "south", when the citizens of a small town exercised their 2nd Amendment rights and took back their local government, from an absolutely corrupt bunch of politicians and local "law" enforcement. The whole town was involved and they armed themselves with their legally owned firearms, basically a bunch of farmers with 22s, shot guns and hunting rifles, and they stormed the local government building and took it away from a bunch of very corrupt and arrogant crooks. They did it with the help of a returning GI (WWII), who I think was in uniform for the attack. It made national headlines and would have made a great movie. There was a short made and it included a lot of well known, at the time, actors. Gee I wonder if hollywood would make a movie about it today... It was suggested I ask a trivia question for this little contest....but why waste an opportunity. Hope you don't mind my little history exercise.I mean if I have to bust a perfect 1000 it might as well be about something I am a strong believer in.
    OK I didn't see it at first but what is the exact question? Name the town? Name the movie? Sorry to be so particular but I'm in it to win it. LOL And is it OK to try and locate this answer on the internet? Would that be cheating?
    Battle of Athens in 1946. Citizens from Athens and Etowah, Tennessee led the rebellion. Some people call it the McMinn County War. Read about this when things got bad a year ago.
    jsnake:
    Battle of Athens in 1946
    That was quick.

http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm
    I am a HUGE supporter of the 2nd Amendment and I love history.
    jsnake:

Well, you know you have to give me your addy......
    jsnake:

Ya know sumpin.....You would have to be both to know the answer off the top of your head. Congratulations.....and well done.
    PM sent and sorry for popping everyone's bubble so fast. I read your first few lines and knew exactly what you were talking about. Congrats again and thank you!
    jsnake:
    Battle of Athens in 1946. Citizens from Athens and Etowah, Tennessee led the rebellion. Some people call it the McMinn County War. Read about this when things got bad a year ago.

Wish I still had the short movie and I could post it...but alas like so much THE wind took it and did not leave a receipt.
    jsnake:
    PM sent and sorry for popping everyone's bubble so fast. I read your first few lines and knew exactly what you were talking about. Congrats again and thank you!

I may have to penalize you for being so fast. :)
    jd50ae:
    jsnake:

I may have to penalize you for being so fast. :)
    Haha you said penal - ize. I heard they made a movie but I have never seen it.
    Bob Luken:
    OK I didn't see it at first but what is the exact question? Name the town? Name the movie? Sorry to be so particular but I'm in it to win it. LOL And is it OK to try and locate this answer on the internet? Would that be cheating?

I have a real hard time trying to convince my grand kids that the internet is not just for games and that the wealth of knowledge that is out there is far more important then learning how to steal a car or 1000 ways to kill someone.
    Yes indeed. Very cool story and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I found it online. Once I found it online I was too busy reading about it to post an answer :) Plus I felt like that would be cheating if anyone else could give you the answer without googling.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    I knew about it without googling because it happened on my birthday and it is one of the few things of note that happened on my bday so i was reminded of it anytime there was a on this day in history thing for my bday.
    Bob Luken:
    Yes indeed. Very cool story and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I found it online. Once I found it online I was too busy reading about it to post an answer :) Plus I felt like that would be cheating if anyone else could give you the answer without googling.
    Thanks. Maybe I'll add you to my short list to hit when I get stocked back up. You probably had me beat. I posted this story once or twice on my Facebook. I think too many people are scared to stand for their rights. Set guns aside and think cigars. Not saying we need to grab pitchforks and torches but when a petition comes around or something is to be voted on or have a public hearing on take part. Educate the ignorant sheep who will do whatever a celeb or their poltical party says. Tired of seeing our freedoms stripped away.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Awesome,so nice to see you brothers proving were not just a bunch of pretty faces here!!!!L.O.L!! Great question brother ,great on the brothers who know history so well.
    twistedstem:
    Awesome,so nice to see you brothers proving were not just a bunch of pretty faces here!!!!L.O.L!! Great question brother ,great on the brothers who know history so well.

I am uh....umm...looking at your avatar and BOB tells me it is really you. So...uh...pretty faces..?