Home General Discussion

Boveda: Are you a Boliever?

2»

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    The little humi pillows everyone sticks in their bombs are so much cheaper then the Bovida and they work just great.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    totally had some sucesss on the boveda recharge! tossed 10 packs in a icecream container and just poured the DW over them. its been a week! there back to new!

Aj
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    jd50ae:
    The little humi pillows everyone sticks in their bombs are so much cheaper then the Bovida and they work just great.
    Used these little humi pillows as a supplement to beads & gel jars for a couple years. They worked well and you're right they're very wallet-friendly ... I only had a couple humi-paks that went "bad" on me.

My "biggest complaint" was having to take the pillows out of the bag to recharge them every couple months. Just a little time consuming to recharge 15+ of them, but the price was too good on them and I was too stubborn to switch to an "easier" method like Bovedas....

Until a few weeks ago, when I decided it was about time for me to throw away a majority of them and order some new ones.
    Instead of going with the humi-paks again though, I found these 8-gram Boveda paks.
    http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Boveda-Humidipak-Humidity-Packet/dp/B00AI03CN4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392060881&sr=8-2&keywords=boveda+8+gram
    They're about the same size as the humi-paks and actually a little cheaper. I ordered 20 of these small Boveda paks and have them tucked in between the cigars in my coolidor and desktop humi. Seems to be working well so far. I wrote the date on them so I can keep track of how long they last.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    dr_frankenstein56:
    totally had some sucesss on the boveda recharge! tossed 10 packs in a icecream container and just poured the DW over them. its been a week! there back to new!

Aj
    You might want to write a re-charge date on the bovedas just for reference. I did that with mine. I have heard that they don't last as long after they've been re-charged and I'd kinda like to see for myself how long my recharged ones last. Also I'm going to test them in a tupperware container against the others that I have not recharged and see if they still function as well.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Bump for retircs1.

I never got around to testing the re-charged bovedas against the new ones but all my recharged ones seem to function well. The trick is not to let them get too dried out before you attempt a recharge.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Never tested them, but the recharged ones seem fine for me. To recharge them, I use a tupperware container with a piece of mesh to hold the packs with some distilled water underneath. Someone mentioned this on a V-Herf one night. No idea why this works so well, but 3 days from crusty to fully charged. I have tried it with a bowl of water, sponges, soaking, etc and this works 10 times better