Home General Discussion

The most underrated cigars- Your opinions

2»

Comments

• olerob_50+olerob_50+ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Yep,I agree with that.The LA HERINCIA is a damn fine smoke.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    T. Gervais:
    Punch! Call me crazy but I really love a Punch once in a while. They're what got me into premium cigars in the first place.
    i agree with this 100%.

i was gunna say that when i saw the thread. you beat me to it.

specifically, the punch Gran Puro.
    it has a very good nutty taste.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    kuzi16:
    T. Gervais:
    Punch! Call me crazy but I really love a Punch once in a while. They're what got me into premium cigars in the first place.
    i agree with this 100%.

i was gunna say that when i saw the thread. you beat me to it.

specifically, the punch Gran Puro.
    it has a very good nutty taste.
    Punch Rothschild double maduro yummmmm
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I love threads like this, gets me thinking about cigars I've never tried. I think I'll be looking for a Punch the next time I hit my B&M.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    One that I don't know if you would really call it underrated, but doesn't get talked about much is the Cabaiguan. That is an AWESOME smoke and you never hear much about it around here.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    PuroFreak:
    One that I don't know if you would really call it underrated, but doesn't get talked about much is the Cabaiguan. That is an AWESOME smoke and you never hear much about it around here.
    Good call. I saw it reviewed in CA and tried it out. Loved it! Now if only I could pronounce it...
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Try to find a Cabaiguan Maduro. Excellent flavors.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    vankleekkw:
    Cubao.
    I'll take that a step further. Any of the newer stuff by EO. 601, Cubao ...
    PuroFreak:
    Russ55:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    I had a Helix about a year ago some cafe somthingoranother...tasted like a goats ass...I honestly would not take one of these if they were giving them out free !!!
    What kind of goat was it that you are comparing these to G?
    Oh yeah, and what was the goats ring gauge ? :) LMAO

Man I don't care what the goats ring gauge was ...I'd take the goat over a helix !!!
    Do they stay lit? I guess you don't use a punch huh?

No ...God already pre-punched them for ya ...OMG this is spiraling waayyyy outta control ...LMAO !!!
    What's the finish like on the goat? Creamy?
    Depends on how good you are at smoking. ;)
    You know them Texas boys always end up with a creamy finish from the Longhorns ...
    TatuajeVI:
    Now if only I could pronounce it...
    Cabaiguan - kah-bei-gWAHN
  • Stew3223Stew3223 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    Im gunna have to say Punch Rare Corojo.  I have never had a bad one.
    Ill always reach for a standard series Padron, specifically the 6000 maduro.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    As a semi-noob to cigars and full-noob to CCOM, I never hear anyone talk much about Fonsecas.  I know they're pretty mild which may be why they don't get much attention, but I've had a few ISOM Fonsecas that I thought had great underlying complexities in flavor.  I still have a couple in the humidor (2+ years) and they are the only cigars I've aged that have ever exihibited a really nice, noticable bloom.  Not sure if the white silk-paper wrapper helped with that or not - either way I just like 'em. 
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    madurofan:
    vankleekkw:
    Cubao.
    I'll take that a step further. Any of the newer stuff by EO. 601, Cubao ...
    Cubao Maduro coming soon.............
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    I'm going to say:

Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
    Punch El Doble
    Camacho SLR Maduro.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I always thought the Alec Bradly Tempus was underrated and Padilla Miami. That is until CA came out with thier 94 rating for these two smokes...so I guess I can't say there underrated anymore. I thought the Carlos Torano 1916 was a great smoke, but it definitley needs a little age on it.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    The new daily deal is the Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon. CCOM answered our pleas for a Torano daily deal and our talk of it being underrated!!

I like to think that's why it's up there anyway! Too bad I'm broke.
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Heavy:
    As a semi-noob to cigars and full-noob to CCOM, I never hear anyone talk much about Fonsecas.  I know they're pretty mild which may be why they don't get much attention, but I've had a few ISOM Fonsecas that I thought had great underlying complexities in flavor.  I still have a couple in the humidor (2+ years) and they are the only cigars I've aged that have ever exihibited a really nice, noticable bloom.  Not sure if the white silk-paper wrapper helped with that or not - either way I just like 'em. 
    I love fonseca. I recommend them to any friend that's just starting out. Actually, CCom included 4 or 5 of these in a maduro themed weekend blitz a few months ago. One of my favorite milds and top 10 in all my favorites.
    Another one that I haven't heard a lot about on here that I thought was an outstanding smoke is the Nestor Miranda Special Selection Lancero. This thing had a ton of flavor and really suprised me. A buddy of mine got several of them and now they are a regular in our rotation.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Also, try the Nestor Miranda 20th Anniversary Miami. Available in Rosado and Oscuro.
    vankleekkw:
    Also, try the Nestor Miranda 20th Anniversary Miami. Available in Rosado and Oscuro.
    Nice! I'll have to give that a try in both wrappers.
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    I never hear much about them and I can't remember which one it is. La Gloria, like I said couldn't tell you which one it is off the top of my head. Don't hear to many people bring them up
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    TatuajeVI:
    MAJORdorMo:
    Matt Marvel:

From my limited experience, I'd have to say Carlos Torano.

Agreed. Everyone who tries a Torano seems to love them. However, Torano cigars don't seem to get the exposure that others do.

Maybe CCOM needs to have a Carlos Torano daily deal *hint hint*

Oh god, there would go my wallet. The Casa Torano is in my top ten favorite cigars. And it costs about $5, lol.

It looks like CCOM answered our prayers!
    Another smoke that I don't hear a lot about on here but that is very good would have to be the Kristoff. Both the Criollo and the Ligero are great smokes and I've heard the Maduro is too.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    Another smoke that I don't hear a lot about on here but that is very good would have to be the Kristoff. Both the Criollo and the Ligero are great smokes and I've heard the Maduro is too.
    Never had any of these...but I've also heard good things about all of the above.
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 282
    La Flor de Ynclan. VERY good cigar.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    el rey del mundo... or alec bradley harvest 97's...
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I LOVE EL REY del MUNDO !!!!!!
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    PuroFreak:

I heard of these in a video by PuffingCigars:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnX5B5lpDGw

I forgot about until you mentioned it. I might have to track some of these babies down sooner or later...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    gmill880:
    I LOVE EL REY del MUNDO !!!!!!
    mmmm choix supreme....

wait -- are you talking the Honduran or the ISOM

i guess it doesnt matter the choix supreme is good in either case. different from each other but both good.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    If we are talking quality of the stick compared to the price, I say Flor De Oliva! An absolutely great smoke for like $2 a piece. As a budget-concious cigar you really can't beat these. They have become a regular in my humidor.