Home General Discussion

The most underrated cigars- Your opinions

Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
To go the opposite way of overrated cigars, what are some smokes that you feel are underrated?

From my limited experience, I'd have to say Carlos Torano.

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    Helix Maduro (due to a test-drive of it by Goldy)
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I had a Helix about a year ago some cafe somthingoranother...tasted like a goats ass...I honestly would not take one of these if they were giving them out free !!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I will nominate the Onyx Reserve for the most underrated smoke. I love these cigars! They are always a good smoke and have never had a construction issue with one.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    I had a Helix about a year ago some cafe somthingoranother...tasted like a goats ass...I honestly would not take one of these if they were giving them out free !!!
    What kind of goat was it that you are comparing these to G?
    Oh yeah, and what was the goats ring gauge ? :) LMAO
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    PuroFreak:
    I will nominate the Onyx Reserve for the most underrated smoke. I love these cigars! They are always a good smoke and have never had a construction issue with one.
    I keep meaning to try those.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    La Aroma de Cuba, Pinar del Rio, and Cubao.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I second La Aroma de Cuba. Cheap, not talked about widely, but really a great, hearty smoke.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    Now that's funny.

La Aroma de Cuba, I don't know if anyone talks chit about them, but I like them.

Edit - I posted this without reading the rest of the thread, so... ditto...
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    Matt Marvel:

Agreed. Everyone who tries a Torano seems to love them. However, Torano cigars don't seem to get the exposure that others do.

Maybe CCOM needs to have a Carlos Torano daily deal *hint hint*
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I didn't mind the Helix and I absolutely despised the Onyx (it just about singlehanded ruined my fantasy football draft). I really like the Sherpa Cafe. Great smoke for the money. I also like the Baccarat Sumatra #1 (which I really need to go back and refresh my opinion of this one since it was one of the first cigars I enjoyed).
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Ima go with the Cusano 18 paired maduro
  • rad1964rad1964 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 189
    I had a Helix about a year ago some cafe somthingoranother...tasted like a goats ass...
    Oh yeah, and what was the goats ring gauge ?
    Still LMAO... rofl
    Sol Cubano Series B Habano Wrapper.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I could get behind onyx reserve as underrated, definitely one of my favorite maduros and doesn't get a lot of press.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    In this order;

Helix
    Onyx reserve
    Torano

Seriously, if anyone wants to try a good helix let me know cause I have a box of em.
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

Man I don't care what the goats ring gauge was ...I'd take the goat over a helix !!!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Iam gonna jump on this and throw two out there ....... first is the Joya De Nicaragua Classico and then the Park Ave. by gurkha ....... i know how everyone loves to bash and hammer gurkha but these two specifically you really dont hear much about ...... they just lay back in the cut, and the helix just arent my thing ...... i always viewed them as a high end gas station cigar i have 4 in my humi that were gifts and i was embarrased to put them up last time i offered a trade ..... lol
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    I will agree with the La Aroma de Cuba. The Onyx is a decent smoke but not good enough to say it is underrated. I'll also add to the list, the no longer available Pryme by Alec Bradley and the La Gloria Cubana Serie R
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Ok, in all fairness I have only had the maduro helix so the others might very well be goat like.
  • John91CJohn91C Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Butera Dorado!
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

Man I don't care what the goats ring gauge was ...I'd take the goat over a helix !!!
    Do they stay lit? I guess you don't use a punch huh?
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    MAJORdorMo:
    Matt Marvel:
    Agreed. Everyone who tries a Torano seems to love them. However, Torano cigars don't seem to get the exposure that others do. Maybe CCOM needs to have a Carlos Torano daily deal *hint hint*
    A Torano was the first "real" cigar I ever had. You're right, everyone loves them, but you rarely hear about them. They're great smokes, and pretty well priced too. CCOM does need to run a daily deal on them!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    MAJORdorMo:
    Matt Marvel:
    Agreed. Everyone who tries a Torano seems to love them. However, Torano cigars don't seem to get the exposure that others do. Maybe CCOM needs to have a Carlos Torano daily deal *hint hint*

Oh god, there would go my wallet. The Casa Torano is in my top ten favorite cigars. And it costs about $5, lol.
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

No ...God already pre-punched them for ya ...OMG this is spiraling waayyyy outta control ...LMAO !!!
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

No ...God already pre-punched them for ya ...OMG this is spiraling waayyyy outta control ...LMAO !!!
    Guys calm down! :) People are allowed to like the Helix. Maybe its a good "starter" cigar. I think it is def. better than the Macanudos I've had.... In any case - for the price point I would NEVER go for a damn goat's ass - let's be objective here! And honestly it tasted better to me than a Nat Sherman or a CAO Gold Maduro or even a 5 Vegas Gold! And I can get at least 2 Helixs for the price of one of those mentioned... Let's not be "Lasabers" here now! No thread derailing...
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

What's the finish like on the goat? Creamy?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Russ55:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

What's the finish like on the goat? Creamy?
    Depends on how good you are at smoking. ;)
  • 24footjet24footjet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 132
    El Mejor Emerald... hazelnutty after the first inch of no wrapper.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    La Herencia Cubana. Easily worth two or three times what they sell for.
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Punch! Call me crazy but I really love a Punch once in a while. They're what got me into premium cigars in the first place.