Home General Discussion

New guy

ky_janderson@yahoo.comky_janderson@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
Hey checking things out here so figured I'd say hello to the masses. My name is Josh and I live out in the sticks of Kentucky (only 30 minutes from Louisville). I'm 33, married and I work for General Electric making refrigerators. Factory life sucks from time to time hence the reason I kick bsck and relax with a good cigar and a cold beer.

First cigar I ever picked up was a Casa Magna Connecticut for my Honeymoon back in 2011 and it was love at first puff. Shortly after I purchased a 20 count humidor... then a 40 count... then a 75 count... then a 100 count... you see the trend here right? Sadly its still far from full lol

I love visiting my local lounge, local B&Ms and other cigar events. But at the beginning of my cigar journey I had a tough time finding a cigar forum to share reviews and whatnot. So I started a group on Facebook for Kentucky locals called Kentucky Cigar Enthusiasts. Ive met a bunch of good friends, made some great acquaintances and had some great cigars throughout my journey.

There are many cigars I still yet to sample due to income and availability in my area but im always venturing out and trying new smokes. Love browsing my Cigar.com magazine and window shopping picking out my next smoke id like to try. Like I said due to availability in my area and income I don't get try them as fast as id like.

I like Liga Undercrown, Aging Room, Camacho, Nomad, Pancea, 601, Ep Carrilo, 90 Miles, Ava Maria, Penar Del Rio, Gurkha, Leccia, Perdomo and many more. I have yet to try any Diamond Crowns, OpusX, Liga Privada, Padron, Ashton and My Father... mainly because they are pricey. I'm just now venturing into boutique cigars so there are a bunch I've yet to get to.

I hope to meet some new BOTL and try some new smokes along the way.

Comments

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Welcome to the Club! This is a great Forum!

Aj
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Welcome to the boards! - Check out the newbie intro thread (General) and newbie trading (Trades, passes and bombs) - Introduce yourself, and ENJOY
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Welcome, welcome, welcome.....Lots of good guys here and a few from your neck of the woods if I remember correctly.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    Welcome to the group, I am new myself. So far I have been welcomed with open arms. The people on here are true BOLT/SOLT.

Although I have found you have to watch a few of them, they like to play tricks on you. I believe my instigator was Blutattoo. He seems like a guy I would hang out with, you just have to keep an eye on him.

Make sure to kick back and stay smoky when you can, don't let life get you down. I will pass on a piece of advice one of the first people I met on here told me, "Remember, a cigar is just a cigar and every day you can get out of bed is a special occasion".
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Hello. Welcome to the forums. Post your address. I want to send you a Christmas card
    dennisking:
    Hello. Welcome to the forums. Post your address. I want to send you a Christmas card

This guy
    curtiscr79:
    dennisking:

This guy
    Can't even be subtle about it!
    New Boots:
    curtiscr79:
    dennisking:

This guy

Question is, is he brave enough to do it?
    curtiscr79:
    New Boots:
    curtiscr79:
    dennisking:

This guy

Guess we'll see how thick his grits are
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    He said he likes Gurkhas....lmao!!!
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Do we really want to bring in the moderator... so soon after his last appearance? LOL

Oh, and (scratchy voice) Welcome to pit....
  • ky_janderson@yahoo.comky_janderson@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    Yes I said I like Gurkhas lol... well the Cellar Reserve and the Vintage 2001 anyways. Dont hold that against me. I've known Curtis for awhile and look forward to getting to know all you other charachters lol. Looks like a bunch of fun. And as for the Christmas card.... Address withheld.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh snap. Men, to your stations!!!

Also, WELCOME. I've had a similar humidor trend as you since joining here, the upward trend in size will not end until you just go big. Good luck lol
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Welcome to the forums!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    ky_janderson@yahoo.com:
    Yes I said I like Gurkhas lol... well the Cellar Reserve and the Vintage 2001 anyways. Dont hold that against me. I've known Curtis for awhile and look forward to getting to know all you other charachters lol. Looks like a bunch of fun. And as for the Christmas card.... Josh A. 4981 Plum Creek Rd Taylorsville Ky 40071.

You know what to do guys. I think I have something in mind as well. Wink [;)]
    .....aaaaaaand it's over
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    ky_janderson@yahoo.com:
    Yes I said I like Gurkhas lol... well the Cellar Reserve and the Vintage 2001 anyways. Dont hold that against me. I've known Curtis for awhile and look forward to getting to know all you other charachters lol. Looks like a bunch of fun. And as for the Christmas card.... Josh A. *********** Taylorsville Ky 40071.
    Oh no he dint...
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    WaltBasil:
    ky_janderson@yahoo.com:
    Yes I said I like Gurkhas lol... well the Cellar Reserve and the Vintage 2001 anyways. Dont hold that against me. I've known Curtis for awhile and look forward to getting to know all you other charachters lol. Looks like a bunch of fun. And as for the Christmas card.... Josh A. 4981 Plum Creek Rd Taylorsville Ky 40071.
    Oh no he dint...
    Guys Got some Cojones huh?
    HAHA, now that I have been around, I know what to do. Watch out, here it comes!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    New Boots:
    .....aaaaaaand it's over
    hmm, now that's interesting

and welcome to you, brave sir.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Wow! These new guys aren't shy about addys are they? I remember when I first got here Drew started pushing for my addy and I wasn't so easy. But eventualy he was my newbie trader. LOL

(Awww ain't that a sweet love story?)
  • ky_janderson@yahoo.comky_janderson@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    Thanks for the warm welcone. Stay smokey
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    ky_janderson@yahoo.com:
    Thanks for the warm welcone. Stay snokey
    Welcome welcome! Snokey? Fat fingers? LOL
    Ninja edit lol
    So, the damage is done. You may want to edit your address out...this is a public place after all
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    The cellar reserve is good. The rest you can throw out with the bathwater. Welcome to the forums.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Bob Luken:
    Wow! These new guys aren't shy about addys are they? I remember when I first got here Drew started pushing for my addy and I wasn't so easy. But eventualy he was my newbie trader. LOL

(Awww ain't that a sweet love story?)
    Was thinking the same thing.
    Hopefully the "I like Gurkhas" comment doesn't ruin my rep before I get one established. Lol let me be more clear. The Celler Reserve and Vintage 2001 are the only ones I like. LMAO. I've had my fair sharebof Gurkha and those 2 seem to be the only cigars I come back to every so often. I am on the fence with their Beauty blend though. Another cigar I have been enjoying here latley are the Room 101, ive had several blends from them and all have been great smokes. Also ive been venturing into some of the Quesada smokes and enjoy them aswell. A local B&M turned me onto some RomaCraft which are a nice smoke as well as Tatuaje and Viaje. Also since this is Cigars.com forum also take note I show love for Osidian, Diesel, Ava Maria, Bahia and Vegas 5. Actualy the Vegas 5 classic is one of my favorite everyday sticks. Dont want you guys thinking I have bad taste or anything. As for my adress ill edit that out, anyone who quoted the address could you do the same. Usually I don't worryto much about my address being visible because I have guns and there is always someone home who is very good at using them. In your guys case im a little scared of what ill receive in the mail so ill follow through with the edit. On a side note anyone know how to edit my user id? This account was created over the phone with a Rep and they used my old email. Thanks in advance.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    ky_janderson@yahoo.com:
    Hopefully the "I like Gurkhas" comment doesn't ruin my rep before I get one established.

Dont want you guys thinking I have bad taste or anything.
    Too late.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    curtiscr79:
    New Boots:
    curtiscr79:
    dennisking:

This guy

Yes, yes he is!
    Welcome to the forum, brother! For a long time I thought I was the only resident Redneck. Glad to see I'm not alone! I live in Campton, a tiny little town in the middle of the Red River Gorge. If you get some spare time hit me up and I'll get a crew together and we can meet up. As a matter of fact, next July I'll be having my birthday herf in Nicholasville at a place called Jake's Cigar Bar and Lounge. You're welcome to attend!
    Hope you hang around for a while, lots of good people here.