Home General Discussion

curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
Hey everyone.

Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Curtis, I live in Shelbyville KY which is about 30 minutes east of Louisville Ky.

I have smoked cigars in the past, however I had no idea what I was doing. I have recently picked up smoking cigars in hopes of slowing down and trying to enjoy the finer things in life. I have found I enjoy a medium to full cigar in most cases however still enjoy the complexity of a mild cigar like the new Camacho Conneticut or a Paul Gamarian gourmet series II. Most of the cigars I end up smoking are in the $5 - $8 range due to a somewhat tight budget.

I try to support my local B&M as much as I can. If they weren’t there I wouldn’t be able to enjoy a smoke nearly as often due to it getting so cold outside. This doesn’t mean I don’t shop online, with money as tight as it is these days I have to pinch my pennies as much as possible.

I have recently acquired a new 300 ct humidor and hoping to get it up and running as soon as possible with the hopes of filling it as soon as the $$ becomes available. I am going to start the process of getting it seasoned tonight and hope to have it ready for Christmas since cigars are at the top of my Christmas list.

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome, Curtis. Sit and stay a spell.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Welcome to the forum Curtis.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Welcome Curtis great to have you here and welcome!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    welcome! this place is great!

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Welcome Curtis! Stick around, participate, and see what happens!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Welcome Curtis! My name is Jiunn (pronounced June, like the month). If you ever get a chance, smoke a cigar or two with Toombes Daniel or Medic Bryan. They're both in KY. Not too sure where in KY though.
    roland_7707:
    Welcome, Curtis. Sit and stay a spell.
    Long days and pleasant nights.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    jliu:
    Welcome Curtis! My name is Jiunn (pronounced June, like the month). If you ever get a chance, smoke a cigar or two with Toombes Daniel or Medic Bryan. They're both in KY. Not too sure where in KY though.
    Just don't bend over in front of them... Lol. Welcome to the Family
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Welcome Curtis. Do you have any questions about the seasoning process, hygrometer calibration, etc.?
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Hi Curt, I'm Curt. >>>>Damn it this is going to be confusing !
    I call DIBS !
    LOL !
    Welcome. And ,these guys are dangerous.
    Just be warned ! ;)
    Glock1975:
    jliu:
    HAHAHA... that includes to pick up any cigars they may have accidentally "dropped" in front of you.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Welcome too the forums!! Hope you have fun learning and sharing your thoughts
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    Welcome! Glad you are here!
    MorganGeo:
    Right? time to get the attention off of us for a while...
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    welcome curt and you couldn't have joined a better community!
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    Welcome Curtis! Lots of great people here.

Besides learning a bunch from these guys, my best experiences were getting to meet several great folks and sharing a smoke or two. Jim
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    What? No! You didn't! Ah man...you made the same mistake I did...you told them how big your humi is. I'm sorry brother! While you are seasoning that one...something else to add to that Christmas list should be another humidor! Don't believe me? Fine! I didn't believe it either...guess what I'm sopping for?!

Oh yeah....welcome!
    WaltBasil:
    MorganGeo:
    Right? time to get the attention off of us for a while...
    Yeah! Right! Good luck with that....you stirred up the hornets nest...prepare for the sting(s)
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Welcome!! This place is great and you will learn a lot!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Welcome Curtis and enjoy your time here!!!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Welcome aboard
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Welcome, you've come to the right spot. I'll warn you now 300ct humidor might not be enough for your new hobby. Think cooler knowing these folks round here.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    james40:
    Welcome Curtis. Do you have any questions about the seasoning process, hygrometer calibration, etc.?

Not yet, the document on here explains it very well. Just hope it levels out in case I get some stocks for Christmas. But thanks for asking.
    curtpick:
    Hi Curt, I'm Curt. >>>>Damn it this is going to be confusing !

I call DIBS !

LOL !

Welcome. And ,these guys are dangerous.
    Just be warned ! ;)

It's cool, you can be Curt, I will be Curtis. First come first serve, right.
    blutattoo:
    Welcome, you've come to the right spot. I'll warn you now 300ct humidor might not be enough for your new hobby. Think cooler knowing these folks round here.

My wife also got me a locker at my local B&M, so I always have it for overflow. Right now only thing in it is a little Bourbon. I can only hope I have the problem of having to many cigars. That just means I would have to smoke more, right?
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    WaltBasil:
    Glock1975:
    jliu:
    HAHAHA... that includes to pick up any cigars they may have accidentally "dropped" in front of you.
    VIAJE's??? ;)
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Welcome Curtis :)
    curtiscr79:
    blutattoo:
    My wife also got me a locker at my local B&M, so I always have it for overflow. Right now only thing in it is a little Bourbon. I can only hope I have the problem of having to many cigars. That just means I would have to smoke more, right?
    Watch your tongue young padawan, you know not what you will get yourself in to.
    Ok, now you guys are starting to worry me. I can already hear my wife, "What did you order now? Where are you going to put those, didn't you say you are running out of room? What do you mean you need another Humidor? Maybe you should stop buying cigars and smoke them." Trying to convince her that they are not all cigars that I order. I got caught up ordering cigars last month and was getting orders in almost every day one week and she started sending me pictures of the overflowing mailbox when she got home. I would show her the group, but then she could click on the order/History and then I would have to spend some of the cigar funds on her again. Good times, I can see you all are a great group of people and a fellow BOTL and SOTL