Home General Discussion

So if you stopped buying and recieving cigars.....

Comments

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    At the rate I smoke, about 2 a week, 24 weeks. I could easily up this rate, given just a slight change in schedule, which might happen in January.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    If I stuck to my usual rate of one a day, around a year, more or less.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    At my current rate this past month, forever! I really need to find more time to smoke. If it was my usual pacing, probably 2-3 years.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I am at a low inventory right now.. Smoked down to my Favorites. So at my current pace, less than a year.
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    About 3 months
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Right around a year and a half
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    i would have to guess about a year..maybe a little more.average about 2-3 a week...
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Some time next week......:-)
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Does that mean I couldn't keep bombing? Hmmm then until the next Ice Age.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    Since we are in the winter and smoking outside is a bit difficult on certain days i have a 4 month supply. If it were the summer these bad boys would be smoked up within 2 months.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I wondering if some of you guys smoke very infrequently or have a huge stash!

I bet I could last 5 months at one a day. But I usually slow down in the winter, so I bet a year.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Gray4lines:

I bet I could last 5 months at one a day. But I usually slow down in the winter, so I bet a year.

Pretty sure its years of building a huge stash. 1000s and 1000s of sticks!
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Probably the rest of my life...I'm currently 59 so I know I have at least 10 more years of stock if I smoked one every day.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    MVW67:
    Some time next week......:-)
    I can fix this Mike :)
    New Boots:
    Gray4lines:

Kinda a bit of both for me, I'm blessed with a decent sized stash from doing this for a number of years, but it's really more about how often I smoke. Without back patio furniture AND the fact that it gets cold and dark here in Colorado by 5pm AND I'm swamped with spending time and taking care of my kiddo I don't smoke as often as I'd like. I probably get in 1-6 sticks a month. Summer and warm months more so, but it's definitely less than most due to circumstances. The day we move into our own place that we bought and paid for and I can smoke inside, then my smoking will go WAYYYYYY up.
  • buckeyecigarbuckeyecigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 500
    Especially with the cold months in the midwest, my stash would last a year
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Since I've been prepping for several years for a time when I believe cigars will be either: a) 100% outlawed/banned/illegal or b) taxed so highly and so expensive as to have the same effect as an outright ban on tobacco, I would say my current stash would last me about 7 or 8 years, give or take a few years depending how often I smoke.

Its also just cold hard truth that prices will never go down, so if I have cigars that I still love after years of smoking them, then I buy several boxes now because they will NEVER be priced lower in ten years.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Once I would have said years......................now about a week.
    jd50ae:
    ......now about a week.
    I'm with ya here...the extend of my humi is the same as the amount most of these guys smoked in the past 2 weeks.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    ......now about a week.
    I'm with ya here...the extend of my humi is the same as the amount most of these guys smoked in the past 2 weeks.
    me 3!

but i have a feeling this is a short lived newbie problem!

Aj
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Gray4lines:

I average about 1 cigar a month, due to some young kids. I also spend most of my time rooting for the reigning national champion Louisville Cardinals ;)
    dr_frankenstein56:
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    ......now about a week.
    me 3!

but i have a feeling this is a short lived newbie problem!

Aj

Thats probably pretty spot on
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    I think about 2 years. What's funny is that I pretty much try to use that arguement on myself every month. I tell myself, "Self, you don't need to buy any more cigars. You've already got enough to last 2 years." But I never listen.
    WaltBasil:
    I think about 2 years. What's funny is that I pretty much try to use that arguement on myself every month. I tell myself, "Self, you don't need to buy any more cigars. You've already got enough to last 2 years." But I never listen.
    That merely proves that you are a same and rational BOTL for not listening to such a weak argument and reason :P
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    90+ Irishman:
    New Boots:
    Gray4lines:

Kinda a bit of both for me, I'm blessed with a decent sized stash from doing this for a number of years, but it's really more about how often I smoke. Without back patio furniture AND the fact that it gets cold and dark here in Colorado by 5pm AND I'm swamped with spending time and taking care of my kiddo I don't smoke as often as I'd like. I probably get in 1-6 sticks a month. Summer and warm months more so, but it's definitely less than most due to circumstances. The day we move into our own place that we bought and paid for and I can smoke inside, then my smoking will go WAYYYYYY up.
    When we buy a house my goal is to build a walk in and a smoking room with a good ceiling duct ventilation. Lol!!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Gray4lines:
    When we buy a house my goal is to build a walk in and a smoking room with a good ceiling duct ventilation. Lol!!
    I'm slowly working on doing this at my place. It is too cold too much in MI to not have an indoor place!
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    SleevePlz:
    [quote user=" I'm slowly working on doing this at my place. It is too cold too much in MI to not have an indoor place!
    I agree, it sucks waiting to nub a stogie to warm your fingertips!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I'm pushing roughly 650 sticks .... I've cut back a lil bit but smoking my current 1 stick per week I'd say 10-12 years .....
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    New Boots:
    Gray4lines:

Lol Gray! Not sure about the walk in idea in my case simply cuz I know I'd be compelled to stock it haha, but the lounge inside the house is the first project my wife and I are doing once we purchase our first house. Talked about it long ago and she loved the idea herself and was supportive of me doing it, so we are quite stoked to get our first house hopefully in a year or two :)
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    100ish in my main humi and 40ish in my aging.........

So at my average consumption rate of 5 a month, times the crap my wife gives me, minus the money my 2 girls cost me, and divided by how many gun I need........

Carry the 7.........

2 years