Home General Discussion

23 NOV 2013 - CCom Mega Herf

RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
That's right, let's organize!Next Saturday, I'd like to get as many people as possible to meet up on Google and V Herf. Shizz, Vision, RCY, MVW, Trident, Vision, Dustin, Da Bear...etc etc freaking etc. Let's get as many ol timers and new guys as possible. Let's try and settle on a time, as well as a cigar. Some of you might remember, we've had a few "CCom ___ days" in which we've been able to influence the daily deal.Let the planning begin. Also, let's make a lottery of this. I will pick one name randomly during the V herf and all other members will bomb said lucky winner.

Comments

• curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Will give it the troopers try
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Won't the system blow? Or is that me drinking too much?
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Bigshizza:
    Might be both of us drinking...
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    I will try, but we have friends in town so I may not be able to make it.
    jthanatos:
    I will try, but we have friends in town so I may not be able to make it.
    There is no try, only do.You can pick the whiskey ;)
    Bigshizza:
    Jim has a point. After about 6 people it really gets wanky and starts either dropping folks or get so choppy you cant understand anyone. Think a robot with hiccups.....lol
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    Jim has a point. After about 6 people it really gets wanky and starts either dropping folks or get so choppy you cant understand anyone. Think a robot with hiccups.....lol
    Hmm...Brian! We need some tech advice.
    Rain:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    more than likely is a bandwidth issue on our ends. Like trying to force 100 gallons of water thru a straw all at one time. Just aint gonna happen without something giving !
    Keep that negativity to yourself haha.Come on...let's do it!
    Rain:
    Keep that negativity to yourself haha.Come on...let's do it!
    again lets give it the troopers try.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    curtpick:
    Rain:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    more than likely is a bandwidth issue on our ends. Like trying to force 100 gallons of water thru a straw all at one time. Just aint gonna happen without something giving !
    Not happening for me, anymore then 4 and I cant hear/see a damn thing. I might drop in for a quick smile.
    ddubridge:
    curtpick:
    Rain:
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    Not happening for me, anymore then 4 and I cant hear/see a damn thing. I might drop in for a quick smile.
    note you do loose speed while on wifi. if your on a wired laptop or desktop it would react much better.
    Hmm, seems like technology might not cooperate with this idea.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Just so I can be clear...I'm taking it that the V-Herf is a way to smoke together, via skype or whatntot?
    New Boots:
    Just so I can be clear...I'm taking it that the V-Herf is a way to smoke together, via skype or whatntot?
    Yup
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    my name is always left out of the invites...boo hooo......
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    deejmemixx:
    Yeah, I don't rank well around here either :(
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    SleevePlz:
    deejmemixx:
    Me either. "REALLY?!?!" LoL

Cool idea though, hope it works out. I got something going on that night.
    SleevePlz:
    deejmemixx:
    Shane, that's because you support Richard Sherman.Sorry I did not list every legend around this place. I'll make it up to you MVW style.
    Rain:
    SleevePlz:
    deejmemixx:
    Shane, that's because you support Richard Sherman.Sorry I did not list every legend around this place. I'll make it up to you MVW style.
    Lol, I was really just kidding. I haven't vherfed in over a year. Timing never really works out well for me. And I haven't even hit the 2 year mark, so I'm pretty sure "legend" doesn't exactly describe me. Lol.
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    SleevePlz:
    deejmemixx:
    Lol, I was really just kidding. I haven't vherfed in over a year. Timing never really works out well for me. And I haven't even hit the 2 year mark, so I'm pretty sure "legend" doesn't exactly describe me. Lol.
    No, no...you guys are right. I mean, jeez, the LLA PRESIDENT can't get an invite? I'll fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Officially google hangouts can support up to 25 people in one room.

We use it at my school to do distance learning and have had 14 people in the room. The bandwidth issue was supposed to have been fixed with the most recent update.

The issue becomes getting a word in edgewise when there are a ton of people in there. It's not like a regular herf where you can have side conversations.......only one guy can talk at a time so it really isn't compatible with large rowdy crowds.
    Rain:
    I mean, jeez, the LLA PRESIDENT can't get an invite? I'll fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    For the record, the LLA president is gray4lines. I'm just a humble member. I could be the LFD Lovers president though....
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    If the timing works I will be there too if I can get on this "exclusivos" list :P
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    SleevePlz:
    deejmemixx:
    I don't think that time here makes you a legend Teach, simply who you are makes you one and to me and a buncha other members you've been a legend for quite some time my friend ;)
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    I mean, jeez, the LLA PRESIDENT can't get an invite? I'll fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    For the record, the LLA president is gray4lines. I'm just a humble member. I could be the LFD Lovers president though....
    I might know that if I was in your exclusive club ;)
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    ;) Smoking a Viaje super lance right now! (and doing stats hw :( )
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    I'll try to get in on this, but likely just audio due to bandwidth and my own crappy laptop lol
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    ;) Smoking a Viaje super lance right now! (and doing stats hw :( )
    Gray my brother and Prez of my fav Lance club how you BE?!?! Wayyy to long since we've said hi! Nice choice on the stick have not had the Super Lance but heard fantastic things from brothers who's palates are similar to mine.
    Rain:
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    I might know that if I was in your exclusive club ;)
    Hahaha Rain you are the exclusivos club ;)