Home General Discussion

Pick my bday stick (IN NEED OF A RUNNER UP CHOICE)

2»

Comments

• edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    Just checked my humi and I'm smoking my last Cosa De Risa..... Such a great smoke...
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 590
    Bigshizza:
    ehehat:
    OK, forgive my ignorance but I've never heard of the Cosa De Risa and cant find ANY info on the inter-webs. What is it?
    PM to you on info..
    I'm in the same boat... Pm to you Shizzmasta
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    LiquidChaos66:
    Roberto99:
    The Cosa de Risa's are unbelievable! Good call BobLuken. I've only got a handful left from my last box. Think I will light one up today. If anybody wants to try one, pm me and we can work something out. I hear they are getting hard to find. They remind me of the FDLA only more distinct flavors

PM to you.
    PM back to you!
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Toombes:
    Roberto99:
    The Cosa de Risa's are unbelievable! Good call BobLuken. I've only got a handful left from my last box. Think I will light one up today. If anybody wants to try one, pm me and we can work something out. I hear they are getting hard to find. They remind me of the FDLA only more distinct flavors

Where did you find a box?!?! I've only found singles and a limited supply then. Man, I wish I'd known that...
    Definitely go with the Cosa de Risa, you won't regret it!
    My buddy owns a B&M in a small town near me. He suggested I try one, "because they are crackers". It blew me away like nothing else, so I talked him out of the rest of the box. He made me pay the stick price, however! He said he only got two boxes in so I'm going to check with him tomorrow, if he has any left I'll send you a couple.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Bigshizza:
    ehehat:
    OK, forgive my ignorance but I've never heard of the Cosa De Risa and cant find ANY info on the inter-webs. What is it?
    PM to you on info..

Hey Shizz... Could you send me that info too?
    LiquidChaos66:
    ALRIGTY! The ten have been picked up and dropped in by -

Insomnniapb
    Davidoff 2000
    Padron 1926
    Padron 1964
    Davidoff millennium
    Oliva series v lancero

And by Bob Luken
    1. San Lotano Oval
    2. Nat Sherman - Timeless - Dominican
    3. Santo Engañarle Rare Corojo #3
    4. Hermano Estafador - Maduro
    5. Cosa de Risa - Parejo #1

The Davidoffs have hit the ground running so far. Place your votes for my bday smoke! :)

It seems as though Cosa De Risa is the winner already... so if im not able to get my hands on one... Lets vote a runner up! :) I may have something lined up for the Cosa but we will see. :)
    Still need runner up.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    SleevePlz:
    For simplicity, I'll pick the Padron 64 (maduro). In my experience, they are available at just about every B&M at a reasonable price and are absolutely delicious. The RobbyRas recommends pairing it with Zaya and he couldn't be more right. The two make for a very nice evening smoke.
    I'll reiterate my choice. You won't regret it.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    For second choice I'd go with the Santo Engañarle Rare Corojo. I got a fiver of these as an 'extra' tossed in an order I placed with a C.com competitor last year. Normally I'm not a fan of corojo wrappers (well, based on the one other corojo I've tried, the Joya De Nicaragua Corojo) but this one didn't have the bitterness of the JDN. I'd say this is more of a medium-bodied smoke. Not a huge amount of spices, but a nice, complex smooth flavor similar comparable to a Rocky Patel Vintage 92 I recently sampled for the first time.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    SleevePlz:
    SleevePlz:
    For simplicity, I'll pick the Padron 64 (maduro). In my experience, they are available at just about every B&M at a reasonable price and are absolutely delicious. The RobbyRas recommends pairing it with Zaya and he couldn't be more right. The two make for a very nice evening smoke.
    I'll reiterate my choice. You won't regret it.
    im with tony!! If you wanna spend more I'd go with the family reserve 45 maduro or the 80th maduro...but the padron 64 maduro exclusivo will always be my go to when nothing else will do!!