Home General Discussion

Pick my bday stick (IN NEED OF A RUNNER UP CHOICE)

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
Here's how it's gonna work. First 2 people get to post their top 5 recommendations for my bday cigar (July 27th). After that everyone gets to vote on their one pick from the 2 lists of 5. From there I will go to my B&M and buy the winning stick! Figured this would be a fun way to figure out what my bday smoke is gonna be! :) let the games begin!

Comments

• insomnniapbinsomnniapb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 590
    Davidoff 2000
    Padron 1926
    Padron 1964
    Davidoff millennium
    Oliva series v lancero
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    We do all the hard work of choosing and you get to smoke it?,.......... Sigh.
    1. San Lotano Oval
    2. San Lotano Oval
    3. San Lotano Oval
    4. San Lotano Oval
    5. Nat Sherman - Timeless - Dominican
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Bob Luken:
    We do all the hard work of choosing and you get to smoke it?,.......... Sigh.
    1. San Lotano Oval
    2. San Lotano Oval
    3. San Lotano Oval
    4. San Lotano Oval
    5. Nat Sherman - Timeless - Dominican

lol damn skippy I'm makin you all work to pick my bday stick! I'm unoriginal most of the time. ;)
    I'm very serious about the San Lotano Oval. Although I can see how you might be cautious of my picks. LOL. If I can think of any other comparably worthy choices I'll insert them with an edit.
    I'm not afraid of your picks! Lol just had a couple duds recently. Well to be honest they went dud after 2/3 of the cigar. If I don't up gettin one of the 4 you mentioned.... Lol ill pick up a few for regular smokes later on. If your that passionate about them I'm sure I could give them a shot. Lol
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 590
    In all cearealness. If you haven't tried a Davidoff use this as an excuse!!! They are getting rid of the 2000's as well which are an awesome smoke!
    Updated list
    1. San Lotano Oval
    2. Nat Sherman - Timeless - Dominican
    3. Santo Engañarle Rare Corojo #3
    4. Hermano Estafador - Maduro
    5. Cosa de Risa - Parejo #1
    P.S. I've heard really good things about all the davidoffs Just haven't gotten around to trying them yet. I've got some Zinos. I think they are related somehow. They're pretty good.
    ALRIGTY! The ten have been picked up and dropped in by -

Insomnniapb
    Davidoff 2000
    Padron 1926
    Padron 1964
    Davidoff millennium
    Oliva series v lancero

And by Bob Luken
    1. San Lotano Oval
    2. Nat Sherman - Timeless - Dominican
    3. Santo Engañarle Rare Corojo #3
    4. Hermano Estafador - Maduro
    5. Cosa de Risa - Parejo #1

The Davidoffs have hit the ground running so far. Place your votes for my bday smoke! :)
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    I have heard some really good things about the Cosa de Risa, They can be a little hard to find sometimes but should be well worth the effort.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    onestrangeone:
    I have heard some really good things about the Cosa de Risa, They can be a little hard to find sometimes but should be well worth the effort.
    as much as i love the Davidoff 2000, i have to agree.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Aw mannnn, if you can find the Cosa de Risa - Parejo #1, you're in for a treat. I remember smoking one of those in the city of Calcetines in Calceta Island. Bombdigity!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    For simplicity, I'll pick the Padron 64 (maduro). In my experience, they are available at just about every B&M at a reasonable price and are absolutely delicious. The RobbyRas recommends pairing it with Zaya and he couldn't be more right. The two make for a very nice evening smoke.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    SleevePlz:
    For simplicity, I'll pick the Padron 64 (maduro). In my experience, they are available at just about every B&M at a reasonable price and are absolutely delicious. The RobbyRas recommends pairing it with Zaya and he couldn't be more right. The two make for a very nice evening smoke.
    This. Enjoy a padron and have a great birthday.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    Cosa de Risa - Parejo #1 all the way..... This is my favorite cigar of all time..... Most people haven't heard of it but it is a secret gem... Smoking one of these is like smoking a Diesel or Man O War before AJ Fernandez became very well known. Go out and get one of these asap before prices start to rise and availability becomes worse than what it already is.....
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Yep...Cosa de Risa.. Got married last April in Hawaii and brought this along after the night was winding down. Great celebration stick!
    Bigshizza:
    Yep...Cosa de Risa.. Got married last April in Hawaii and brought this along after the night was winding down. Great celebration stick!
    Wedding night huh? Exactly when did you ,............Oh nevermind. None of my business. LMAO
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    The Cosa de Risa's are unbelievable! Good call BobLuken. I've only got a handful left from my last box. Think I will light one up today. If anybody wants to try one, pm me and we can work something out. I hear they are getting hard to find. They remind me of the FDLA only more distinct flavors
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Love the Cosa de Risa, if you can find one that's what I'd go with. If you can find 2 I would jump on it, one for your B-day and one to save.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    well here are my picks, you like them
    1. cosa de risa
    2. limited edition broma
    3.davidoff 2000's series
    5.mi sueno from dominica
    5.la casa de sonrisa
    hard to find some but if you can take them
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    The only one on this list I've tried is a Cosa de Risa (Robusto I think--5 x 50) that someone here once sent me in a trade. I never heard of them, but when I tried it--wow! It reminded a lot of 5 Vegas Cask Strength and the one Diesel I've tried, but with a little less in-your-face. I definitely would trade some of my good stuff for more of these.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Roberto99:
    The Cosa de Risa's are unbelievable! Good call BobLuken. I've only got a handful left from my last box. Think I will light one up today. If anybody wants to try one, pm me and we can work something out. I hear they are getting hard to find. They remind me of the FDLA only more distinct flavors

Where did you find a box?!?! I've only found singles and a limited supply then. Man, I wish I'd known that...
    Definitely go with the Cosa de Risa, you won't regret it!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    This is an easy pick for me. I really loved the Cosa de Risa and was extremely lucky to find it. These are rare so if you can find it, snatch it up. It paired really well with bourbon but most people just have a coke or Dr. Pepper.

Happy Birthday dude.
    Toombes:
    Roberto99:

Where did you find a box?!?! I've only found singles and a limited supply then. Man, I wish I'd known that...
    Definitely go with the Cosa de Risa, you won't regret it!
    You'd think they'd cost more but they are in line with other reasonably priced premiums. But they have had better availablity lately. You just have to ask your local shop owners. I don't think they are available on-line retail at all.
    Bob Luken:
    Bigshizza:
    Wedding night huh? Exactly when did you ,............Oh nevermind. None of my business. LMAO
    True story... Almost 3rd degree sunburn believe me when I say... I owe her...
  • BamablowsBamablows Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    everyone above me took the words out of my mouth... cosa de risa.... you cant go wrong.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    I was going to say the Padron 64 because it is so easy to find, but the Cosa de Risa - Parejo #1 is much better if you can find it. My local B&M had it, and the owner knew i was looking for new things to try and had 3 left. I smoked one in the store and was blown away so i bought the 2 that he had. They are in my locker at the store just waiting for some time special.
    Roberto99:

PM to you.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Cosa de Risa - Parejo #1, no doubt about it, I have only 1 left and I'm waiting for my B-Day to come so I can fire it up. Best smoke of the bunch. U should get a few of them.
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    OK, forgive my ignorance but I've never heard of the Cosa De Risa and cant find ANY info on the inter-webs. What is it?
    ehehat:
    OK, forgive my ignorance but I've never heard of the Cosa De Risa and cant find ANY info on the inter-webs. What is it?
    PM to you on info..