Home General Discussion

"The Burner" tabletop lighter. Anbody used one of these?

2»

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Well sir.... i think you should be a sales man. All of you. lol its reasonably priced and from the sounds of it a good lighter! :) If i remember this one when it comes christmas time... and as long as i dont get overwhelmed by another sexier lighter then this will be my go to. :)
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    LOL. Well, It's not the "perfect tabletop lighter" because if it were it would shut itself off after I forget to do so. I left it burning yesterday after a re-light. It was during the day when the flame is hard to see and I just walked off with my cigar and left it burning on low setting on the porch. I wonder how much fuel I wasted.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I have a question for the guys who have had one of these for a little while.... Do you have problems refilling with butane? I just bought a couple xikar (8oz) cans and the nozzle on the xikar can seems a little too narrow maybe? When I try to fill it up there is a loud hissing (either gas escaping out of the xikar can around the burner nozzle or coming out of the burner) it seems like something is wrong here.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Have only filled mine twice(big ol fuel cell). I usually touch up with my single torch so I dont use it a ton, but I love that I dont have to fill it a million times.

I just bought xikar fuel so I could give you an update next fill up.
    ddubridge:
    Have only filled mine twice(big ol fuel cell). I usually touch up with my single torch so I dont use it a ton, but I love that I dont have to fill it a million times.

I just bought xikar fuel so I could give you an update next fill up.
    Thanks, let me know.

It seemed like I had to press down really hard to get a good fit... It obviously worked since I hear butane sloshing around in the burner... I will have to experiment a little
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I have had some trouble filling it up. The first time was no problem but the second time the fuel just wanted to escape into the air. I had a ring of adapters that came with my new xikar fuel and I used one of those a couple of times and things were going fine. Then the last refill I did had some trouble. I used the adapter like before but the valve on the lighter wanted to leak a little afterward. I kept purging it just a little bit at a time and I got it to stop hissing. I don't know if I over-filled it or what but It's held it's fuel for about five days now and it hasn't all leaked out so maybe it's OK. But I was worried that the valve was broken. We'll see how it goes.
    I have a red adapter ring from an older xikar can (seems like the newer cans do not have these) I will see if that works... Kinda sucks that it is so picky when refilling.

I will figure something out though. I am glad I am not the only one who has had a similar issue. Thanks!