Home General Discussion

Bad sticks

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
What are some really bad smokes youve had? i only have one right now is the Augusto Reyes Navadador.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Friends don't let friends buy Victor Sinclair
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Not so good eh? i was looking at a Sinclair sampler a while back... something in my gut said no... so i went Perdomo!
  • The buffalonianThe buffalonian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 919
    Elephant turds were the worst btw
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    My Father cigars...honestly don't see what others see in them.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    catfishbluezz:
    Friends don't let friends buy Victor Sinclair
    i got suckered into these on my first order! NEVER AGAIN!!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    SWAG
    any GURKHA
    most Rocky Patel
    cant stand the dominican Fonseca

there are a lot of "OK" cigars out there but very few i hate. i am not excited about 90% of the cigars on the market in any way shape or form. im not mad at them either.

• Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    I've had more than a few bad Gurkha sticks. Also Oliveros was gross
    My my. Me thinks I have a good little list to steer clear of. :) or maybe get one from each and complain about them later. ;)
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    LiquidChaos66:
    My my. Me thinks I have a good little list to steer clear of. :) or maybe get one from each and complain about them later. ;)
    i wouldn't just steer clear of the sticks.....I am new, and will say that the MyFather cigars are one of my favorites. there are plenty of people who "like" some gurkha sticks if they get them way discounted.

what i have found over my very short time here is that everyone has a different palate. Personally i am not a fan of any of the Connie's that i have had, but several of the posters here would think i just insulted their mothers for saying that.

just keep trying different things and you will figure out what you like.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Poopy Jones:
    I've had more than a few bad Gurkha sticks. Also Oliveros was gross
    This ^! Oliveros original taste like poopy. (see what I did there?). Seriously though ... grossness
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Jasonc1982:
    My hero.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Rain:
    Jasonc1982:
    My hero.
    Alot of people like them though, so they aren't bad stick, and really should never be mentioned in a thread like this. If that was the case, I'd add Fuente to the list and get yelled at lol.
    I think the SPIRIT of this thread is...you really need to smoke everything you can get your hands on at this point. I've smoked a bad God of Fire, but I would pick another one up. Don't let this list decide what you will/will not smoke.There you go, Sheriff! ;)PS - A lot of people like Victor Sinclair.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    Rain:
    I think the SPIRIT of this thread is...you really need to smoke everything you can get your hands on at this point. I've smoked a bad God of Fire, but I would pick another one up. Don't let this list decide what you will/will not smoke.There you go, Sheriff! ;)PS - A lot of people like Victor Sinclair.

Amen Randy. Mine would be "All machine made cigars" and leave it at that. Just like a cigar that is not burning evenly; remember "But for the grace of God I could be smokin a machine made one"
    Yeah that's kinda the direction I need to keep on. Just trying anything really. It's just like people who love coffe black and me who can't stand it without some coffee in my sugar. ;) lol tastes vary on people widely. I can be pretty easily steered around sometimes.
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 432
    Bob...one star? Harsh.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    One mans dog turd is another mans go to stick.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Rain:
    Bob...one star? Harsh.
    I wondered who the one-star *** was
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    kuzi16:
    SWAG
    any GURKHA
    most Rocky Patel

there are a lot of "OK" cigars out there but very few i hate. i am not excited about 90% of the cigars on the market in any way shape or form. im not mad at them either.

The statement about 90% of cigars kind of hits home with me as well. Most cigars I have smoked have been enjoyable but I rarely feel the urge to stockpile any. Some labels that I do have a larger quantity of would be Camacho PE, Camacho Havana, Oliva V Maduro, Ashton ESG. La Flor Dominicana, and various Opus X. And I should re-load of some Tats. And there are no cigars in my humidor that I consider "Bad". Oh wait I have a Duque that I am not to fond of.
    Rhamlin:
    One mans dog turd is another mans go to stick.

As long as its not an real turd I might give anything a shot.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    There are some brands that have consistent quality issues, but most are fine. It's more of a case of finding what you like. There are brands listed in this thread that I really enjoy. I've also tossed a cigar of the year a couple inches in. Everyone has different tastes. Just smoke everything and worry about your own lists later.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    LiquidChaos66:
    dang it, I sent you one of each from this list.
    james40:
    LiquidChaos66:
    dang it, I sent you one of each from this list.

HA! oops... Id be happy try them anyway! ;)
  • nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
    I stay away from most Toranos(had a vault the other night and thought it was terrible), Victor Sinclair, most gurkhas, most padillas, and most perdomos
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    SWAG
    any GURKHA
    most Rocky Patel

The statement about 90% of cigars kind of hits home with me as well. Most cigars I have smoked have been enjoyable but I rarely feel the urge to stockpile any. Some labels that I do have a larger quantity of would be Camacho PE, Camacho Havana, Oliva V Maduro, Ashton ESG. La Flor Dominicana, and various Opus X. And I should re-load of some Tats. And there are no cigars in my humidor that I consider "Bad". Oh wait I have a Duque that I am not to fond of.
    exactly. i have a small handfull of cigars that i buy by the box (JdN Celebracion, LFD Airbender chissel, Avo Domaine) or stockpile when i get my hands on em (Camacho diploma Maduro, Davidoff 2000, Davidoff Maduro, OpusX no.4)
    nickiam:
    I stay away from most Toranos(had a vault the other night and thought it was terrible), Victor Sinclair, most gurkhas, most padillas, and most perdomos

Here is a perfect example of difference in tastes. I have loved every Perdomo I've lit up! What was it about them that you didn't like? Which ones have you had?
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    LiquidChaos66:
    nickiam:

Here is a perfect example of difference in tastes. I have loved every Perdomo I've lit up! What was it about them that you didn't like? Which ones have you had?
    Same here, except I love most every Torano I've ever smoked (haven't had the Vault though, come to think of it I've only had all 3 of the Exodus lines and the 1916 - love em all), and also liked the Perdomos I've had. So you just never know.

Having said that, do not even bother trying the Gurkha Sherpa - it is vile! lol
  • nickiamnickiam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 603
    LiquidChaos66:
    nickiam:

I didnt like any of the Perdomo 10th annys or the 20th annys. Definitely didnt like the champagne noir either. I did like the Lot 23 Connecticut, but not the other 2. Based on Trying those few I havent felt like trying any others.