Home General Discussion

15 May 2014 - CCom Forum Lancero Day II

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    SleevePlz:
    This sounds like a good day to finally light up the DPG Centurian lanceros that are sitting at the bottom of the cooler. I'm also really curious to see what the DD has in store for us that day.
    Oh damn.... I was going to go with brown El Truinfador. Maybe the new El Centurion will be released by then? It's supposed to be a May
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bombay:
    Can I just ask what dimensions would qualify as "lancero"? Reason I ask is because I have had some longer sticks, think Tat Mummy which is 7 x 48, I would consider that lancero but don't know for sure. I did like it very much. I am no Lancero Whore like some of you guys but would definitely entertain Lanceros every once in a while as most of my time enjoying the hobby is about an hour tops. What say Ye?
    Last I heard Tat Mummy is definitely a lancero.
    Nah, that is definitely more of a churchill with that RG. Lanceros are typically 38-40ish.
    Yeah, 48 rg is def too big (but I love churhills too). Id say lacero is at most 42-44. 7x38 is common seems like. Id love to try a DPG lance! I already have the zino classics (they are on clearance) and V's!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bombay:
    Can I just ask what dimensions would qualify as "lancero"? Reason I ask is because I have had some longer sticks, think Tat Mummy which is 7 x 48, I would consider that lancero but don't know for sure. I did like it very much. I am no Lancero Whore like some of you guys but would definitely entertain Lanceros every once in a while as most of my time enjoying the hobby is about an hour tops. What say Ye?
    Nah, that is definitely more of a churchill with that RG. Lanceros are typically 38-40ish.
    Yeah, 48 rg is def too big (but I love churhills too). Id say lacero is at most 42-44. 7x38 is common seems like. Id love to try a DPG lance! I already have the zino classics (they are on clearance) and V's!
    You're right. I was thinking of the little monster. Even then it may have been a corona? I fail.
    SleevePlz:
    This sounds like a good day to finally light up the DPG Centurian lanceros that are sitting at the bottom of the cooler. I'm also really curious to see what the DD has in store for us that day.
    Damn you
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bombay:
    Zino's any good? I've seen them on clearance before on the sister site, I want to say they were pretty cheap as well.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    SleevePlz:
    I'm also really curious to see what the DD has in store for us that day.

+1!
    catfishbluezz:
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Bombay:
    Zino's any good? I've seen them on clearance before on the sister site, I want to say they were pretty cheap as well.
    Yes, I like them. Not quite as good as an Avo to me, but definitely a steal at the clearance price (sister site and here on ccom same deal). The no. 3 on sale is the 5.7x38. I have only had a couple, but do enjoy them.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    Damn you
    Lol, come on over. I have two of them, I'll share. Chances are, whoever I'm with that night will be smoking the other so I can compare tasting notes.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    Damn you
    Lol, come on over. I have two of them, I'll share. Chances are, whoever I'm with that night will be smoking the other so I can compare tasting notes.
    Dont tempt me.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Don't have any lanceros so ill have to make do with a Churchill.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I'm gonna try and get a Viaje Super Lancero for this
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Wish I could join you boys. Smoke one for me.
    james40:
    Wish I could join you boys. Smoke one for me.
    James, what's up? Can't smoke or don't have any lanceros???
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    just so happens, i got a bunch of lanceros in the mail yesterday. thanx bigshizza and ddubridge. i will be eagerly awaiting the dd on the 15th, and smoking a lancero!
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    looks like ill be smoking the only lancero I have then
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    pbchevo:
    looks like ill be smoking the only lancero I have then
    uh.... buy more.
    I can't decide
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Is that L40 the same thing as the Liga A?
    Rain:
    I believe the "A" size is called gran corona.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    danielzreyes:
    Rain:
    I believe the "A" size is called gran corona.
    Show off
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Nice selection!
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    danielzreyes:
    I can't decide
    What's the unbanded one with the shaggy foot?
    perkinke:
    danielzreyes:
    I can't decide
    Probably a Johnny-O! with a darker wrapper than the one next to it. DZR, how are you not in the Lancero Lovers of America??? I think you qualify!!!
    SleevePlz:
    perkinke:
    danielzreyes:
    I can't decide
    Probably a Johnny-O! with a darker wrapper than the one next to it. DZR, how are you not in the Lancero Lovers of America??? I think you qualify!!!
    I know right? I knew Daniel was a lancero-fiend, but dayum
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    perkinke:
    danielzreyes:
    I can't decide
    I know right? I knew Daniel was a lancero-fiend, but dayum
    Yes, both the shaggys are Johnny Os. I would love to be in your gang. I would so fight or even kill for a good lancero.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    ill smoke a corona and pretend its a lancero.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    taythegibs:
    ill smoke a corona and pretend its a lancero.
    pm to you Taylor.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Oh, how excited I am.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    I can't decide between the Daruma or the Oliva V lancero