Home General Discussion

What does everyone do for a living?

13»

Comments

• Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    I am a service and sales rep for a petroleum company. I spend endless hours in rail yards , fuel depot , muni airports and so on and so on. Get bitched at from time to time for the price of gas, Like I have control over the refinery. It is pretty cool work.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    For the last year I have worked as a research associate for a forensic economist (litigation consulting). I calculate damages in lawsuits and research relevant economic issues. This fall I will be starting my Ph.D in economics at U. Kentucky.
  • coachrumcoachrum Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
    brianetz1:
    coachrum:
    Yeah, I can't complain. Youth football again or another level?
    it would be youth. I would love to coach high school, but i work at an all girls school and they frown upon you coaching at other schools.
    I have never heard of that. I just wouldn't tell them.
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    Rail Jockey:
    ScottTDawg:
    I'm a machine Lead Operator at factory called 3M. I make Thinsulate insulation for clothes and Acoustic Insulation for cars.
    Would you happen to live in Prairie Du-Chien? 3m was one of my customers when i was working out of La Crosse as a supervisor.
    I do live in Prairie du Chien. Raised up by Lynxville/Seneca area.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    wardc:
    ... I'm also a freelance gynecologist but can't seem to find clients. lol.
    I've heard the cunning solution is to be a linguist.

Medic45:
    Im a paramedic prolonging the miserable existence of stupid people..
    I smell a funny story here. What did the dumbest idiot your ever saved get himself into that made him need saving?

• WaterDemonWaterDemon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    Medic45:
    WaterDemon:
    EMT/Firefighter in Baltimore City.
    i need a patch bro!!!! And Ty for what u do
    Sure I'll see what I can get.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    webmost:
    wardc:
    ... I'm also a freelance gynecologist but can't seem to find clients. lol.
    I've heard the cunning solution is to be a linguist.

I was seriously a linguistics major as an undergrad for a while. Then I realized I wouldn't have any job prospects. Especially with a double major of anthropology.

Of course, my liberal arts degree with an emphasis on communication studies didn't help much either. My interests are too eclectic to have decided at that stage of life.

Now I teach GED classes and do some consulting. I have a Master's of Divinity and preach some. I'm currently looking for a stable full-time position somewhere in a church or with a non-profit.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    We have some interesting jobs on here. I'm a Software Consultant for a small firm that specializes in IBM tivoli.
  • Mean Bro GreeneMean Bro Greene Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    I'm an assistant manager for Walgreens. I'm the guy that gets yelled at when people can't get their narcotics filled early. All in all, it's not a bad gig. The pay is decent and the benefits are fantastic.
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Mean Bro Greene:
    I'm an assistant manager for Walgreens. I'm the guy that gets yelled at when people can't get their narcotics filled early. All in all, it's not a bad gig. The pay is decent and the benefits are fantastic.
    What do you mean I can't get my OxyContin filled. It has been well over 5 days since I got my last 90 day script filled. What's the problem??? Ever hear something like that?
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    I perform a type of manual therapy called Active Release Techniques. I discovered it during my football days and it saved me time and time again. I eventually decided I'd be pretty good at it, so I spend the last few years training and started my own business at the beginning of the year. If anyone is ever in Denver and needs fixing, look me up!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    ndhaon91:
    I perform a type of manual therapy called Active Release Techniques. I discovered it during my football days and it saved me time and time again. I eventually decided I'd be pretty good at it, so I spend the last few years training and started my own business at the beginning of the year. If anyone is ever in Denver and needs fixing, look me up!
    This could go wrong in so many ways. I'll leave it alone I guess.
  • Mean Bro GreeneMean Bro Greene Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    Rail Jockey:
    Mean Bro Greene:
    What do you mean I can't get my OxyContin filled. It has been well over 5 days since I got my last 90 day script filled. What's the problem??? Ever hear something like that?
    More than you could ever imagine. Its pretty comical, actually.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I fap for a living.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Name pretty much sums it up. LOL! Word of advice, don't upset the ground crew, bags just might end up as chalks or shipped to Iceland MUAHAHAHAHAAAA! J/K =D
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    JCizzle:
    I fap for a living.
    What does that consist of?
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    JCizzle:
    I fap for a living.
    What up stranger!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    jadelt:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Software developer for an independent Physicians Network.
    Hey Shotgun! How you doing ? (oops didnt mean to hijack the thread)
    doing great how about you?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Towboat captain. Somebody's got to do it.
    Rail Jockey:
    JCizzle:
    I fap for a living.
    Fortran Assembly Programmer.

Rail Jockey:
    JCizzle:
    I fap for a living.
    Oh you know....
    MVW67:
    JCizzle:
    I fap for a living.
    What up stranger!
    What's up, man?!?!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Owner/Operator; Reborn Renovations, I fix what someone else built.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    onestrangeone:
    Owner/Operator; Reborn Renovations, I fix what someone else built.
    Like Rick Dale?
  • StsepasStsepas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 475
    I spent most of my career in the car business. Started in sales then quickly moved into management. I managed the finance insurance and aftermarket was then promoted to the sales manager of a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer. When the auto market crashed I went into the art field. I opened a graphics shop doing signs, pinstriping,small decals, vehicle wraps ect.....
    on a side note if anyone needs advice on purchasing a car let me know.
    Same goes with graphics