Home General Discussion

What does everyone do for a living?

Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
I will start, well hell, Everyone already knows I'm a railroad guy.

Comments

• Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Retired railroad engineer. Figure the odds!
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    What RR?
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    Well it's a long story for me. I have Asperger's Syndrome and very low verbal memory. I've been in and out of jobs the past 10 years...I'm just not fast enough. Right now I am not working and I'm going for disability. I hate to do it because I feel like I'm leeching off the system...but lord knows I've tried these past 10 years. I get embarrassed talking about it but...I like to be honest.
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    interrogator, trying to become a combat medic.
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    I'm a surgical technologist, or better known as a scrub tech. Work in the operating room doing surgery.
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I work in sales for an industrial fastener supplier.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Lodge Team Lead at Dlcks sporting goods
  • long_asheslong_ashes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 166
    I work in IT. My position title is "Lead Systems Admin" but I am more or less a Systems Engineer. I set up and maintain our monitoring infrastructure for the company (servers, applications, network, etc.)
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Rain:
    OK, OK, I'll admit it. Just don't kill me. I'm trying to retire from the environmental side of the oil patch. Old school biologist/geologist.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Scored sleep studies and wrote reports for physicians but now I'm a F/T student.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Some of the stuff that people do,
    I gotta admit I don't have a clue
    Like "Lodge Team Lead" -
    Yeah, but... whattaya do?

• JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Right now i am a security guard but i am in school for Network System Administration.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    I'm a Landscape Designer and Client Advisor for a large landscape company in Bloomington, IL.
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 590
    Prep chef at a country club, and also a personal trainer at the same country club! For wemost: Mostly I prep large amounts of food cook on the line and do w/e else the executive chef tells me to do! For the other job I teach how to lift properly, offer motivation and guidance, assure safety etc. Hahah
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    I work in turf and ornamental distribution for a sod farm.
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Rail Jockey:
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    What RR?

Started on the old MOPAC. After all the mergers and shakedown, retired off the UP. So I guess you could say the Mop-Up. lol
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Rain:

I did the combat medic once along time ago... good training... helps hang-overs when you have the right bags handy.

I am in aircraft tooling... I build the tools that they build the aircraft in...
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    webmost:
    Like "Lodge Team Lead" -

I am the supervisor of a department called The Lodge, hunting, fishing, water sports, camping, clothing and hard goods. I have 3-5 people under me depending on the time... its retail.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    im a pirate and i work at McDonalds.... minimum wage ftl and i also do odd jobs for extra $$
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    fuel farm and pipeline terminal supervisor at ohare,
    basicly we manage the airports incoming/outging jet A fuel Q.A monitoring, hydrant pit systems, tanker reload sytems, fuel spill clean up
    but we dont do any fueling of any kind, but if you want fuel the buck stops with us in the end
    i manage between 6- 12 people at any given time and i get come home smelling of jet A, YEAH!!!!!
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    im a structural fabricator, been at the same place for 20 years now, im also a mechanic and tattoo artist on the side!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Um,.... my stating it would be redundant.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    "I'm a semi-professional race car driver and an amateur tattoo artist." Reese Bobby
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    cabinetmaker:
    Um,.... my stating it would be redundant.
    lol
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    I'm the recorder and records manager for the county board of commissioners. Just about to finish my master's in public admin and will start looking for an assistant city/county manager's position in the fall.
    taythegibs:
    im a pirate and i work at McDonalds.... minimum wage ftl and i also do odd jobs for extra $$
    I've been looking for a good pirate ever since I read about a tanker ship that takes Guinness to Britain for bottling. Let's hijack a whoreship, board the tanker, and get this party started. You in?

deejmemixx:
    webmost:
    Like "Lodge Team Lead" -

I am the supervisor of a department called The Lodge, hunting, fishing, water sports, camping, clothing and hard goods. I have 3-5 people under me depending on the time... its retail.
    Retail at ***'s? Too bad. I was hoping it had something to do with beaver.

Tell them to stock some handball gloves and balls. Our local ***'s is getting just like Modell's -- all they sell is team jerseys. I can't even get court shoes there. Move to Dull-Aware, manage the store, and straighten them out

Wait a minute --- How come the forum software filters out ***'s Sporting Goods but if you leave off the hyphen it will show Dicks sporting goods? Didn't have no prob with beaver.

I tell ya.

• jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Jasonc1982:
    Well it's a long story for me. I have Asperger's Syndrome and very low verbal memory. I've been in and out of jobs the past 10 years...I'm just not fast enough. Right now I am not working and I'm going for disability. I hate to do it because I feel like I'm leeching off the system...but lord knows I've tried these past 10 years. I get embarrassed talking about it but...I like to be honest.

My 10 y/o has Asperger's. Makes for some interesting times.
    I'm a Paramedic/Fire Fighter, musician, amateur tattoo artist/body piercer and I build custom motorcycles when I have time.