Home General Discussion

Best Connys

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
Thanks to Dustin aka GatoPescadoAzul, I've really been diggin conny cigars. Are there any other cigars that are better or comparable to Davidoffs or AVO?

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    There's a lot of connies that fit that same mold... especially ones blended by Henke Kelner...

BUT, if you are looking to expand your connie wheelhouse, definitely check out the Room 101 connie and the San Lotano connie. They are both awesome.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    +1 on the Room 101, and the San Lotano Connie is a staple in my rotation. Try the Gran Habano Conn #1 also. I've burned through several boxes of them, and it never disappoints.

A few more that I enjoy:

The new Alec Bradley Conn
    La Pearla Habana Cobre
    Perdomo 10th Anny Champagne
    Cigar.com American Lable

• JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    BigT06:
    There's a lot of connies that fit that same mold... especially sones blended by Henke Kelner...

BUT, if you are looking to expand your connie wheelhouse, definitely check out the Room 101 connie and the San Lotano connie. They are both awesome.
    +1
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Really not a conny fan, but I do enjoy Verdadaro. Dont know why.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    JHewey:
    BigT06:
    There's a lot of connies that fit that same mold... especially sones blended by Henke Kelner...

+1
    +me2 -- esp the 101
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    In my opinion the Conn. wrapper dominates the cigar so completely that unless you have some strong filler leaves like in the MOW Virtue or LGC Retro if you like some Conny cigars you're bound to like most of them.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Love me some connies. Breakfast cigar of champions. The Connie is what I cut my teeth on and I cant get enough of them. I would recommend...ahh nevermind, I still owe you for that stogie stand. I'll pm you tracking info tomorrow.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    BigT06:
    definitely check out the Room 101 connie and the San Lotano connie. They are both awesome.
    yes. this 100%

also check out the Camacho Connecticut.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    ddubridge:
    Love me some connies. Breakfast cigar of champions. The Connie is what I cut my teeth on and I cant get enough of them. I would recommend...ahh nevermind, I still owe you for that stogie stand. I'll pm you tracking info tomorrow.
    HA! I love it! Nice dd!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Jameson Red Label, Nadi cigars conny, AKA conny, Cabaiguan, +1 Room 101 and SL, Zino line, Torano Domincano, Montecristo White. I am a big fan of the Ecuadorian conny wrapper personally, and I love it when a blender tosses in a dark binder like San Andreas. The key to the conny is depth, and many do not have it. When you find one with the right balance, you get the depth without "The Stank" left on your palette. Avo classic, XO, and 787 all rule....which reminds me I need a box of 787.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Surprised no one mentioned Gurkha Park Ave yet. Also Cusano 18 connie is a good one IMO.
    Ken Light:
    Surprised no one mentioned Gurkha Park Ave yet. Also Cusano 18 connie is a good one IMO.
    +1 on the Cusano and I enjoyed the RP Connie as well!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Ken Light:
    No mention, its in the package.
  • puffmasterpuffmaster Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 252
    Definitely the san lotano conny is one of the best I have had but its a little more on the medium side. Also look for the ashton cabinet corona or #7 also very good conny. I prefer Nicaragua tobacco so I lean more towards the san lotano
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    ddubridge:
    Ken Light:
    You the man!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Perdomo Champagne

Curious if anyone has tried the Macanudo vintage 2006,, just came across it on page 9 of ccom catalog???
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    The Kid:
    Perdomo Champagne

Curious if anyone has tried the Macanudo vintage 2006,, just came across it on page 9 of ccom catalog???
    +1
    Peaked my interest too.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    kuzi16:
    BigT06:
    definitely check out the Room 101 connie and the San Lotano connie. They are both awesome.
    yes. this 100%

also check out the Camacho Connecticut.
    +1
    Agree with Kuzi on the Camacho Connecticut
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    I'm not a huge fan of Connies, but I recently lit up an Alec Bradley Connie from the sampler pack and really liked it. The medium body of the filler more than made up for the mildness of the wrapper. It's one of the few AB's I've really liked.
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Some mentioned before:
    MOW Virtue
    Perdomo champagne
    San Latano
    Not mentioned:
    The Griffins
    La Aurora Preferido Connie
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    i would have to say the park avenue one of my favorite connies,followed by th esan latano.sounds likesthese two are getting alot of votes
    Ooh, I forgot about the Griffins too and of course AVO classic is in my Top 5 all time!
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    I'm really surprised nobody mentioned the Oliva Conn.....I think they're every bit as good as Ashton connies, but a lot cheaper.
  • gio164gio164 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 180
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    One of the best that I've had is the San Lotano Connecticut in the lancero format.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Ken Light:
    ddubridge:
    Ken Light:
    You the man!
    Drew, this is too awesome. Remember back when you were trying to stay away from all these shenanigans and I just wouldn't let you. Good times. Good times.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I really enjoy the preferido conny it's a staple in my humi since it's one of the only ones I enjoy besides the griffins,avo and davidoff.
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    i guess i'm weird as i haven't had a connie that i like. they are all just to mild for my taste. but i do enjoy reading what everyone else likes. always good info for future bombing runs.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I just had an American label. Wasn't bad, not memorable though. I remember Smoking a San Lotano not too long ago which I enjoyed. I think I'll revisit it but with a lancero.

Now is it me or do Conny cigars seem to burn faster than other wrappers?

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    To me I love the EPC New Wave and the best Conny of all time for me was the EPC short run 2012 new wave great cigar