Home General Discussion

Do you prefer smoking alone, or with company?

OldBlueEyes2012OldBlueEyes2012 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
I myself prefer a one man herf unless I'm surrounded with close friends or my brother in law. Or Paul. (SleevePlz, IONTC, Mosher44)

Comments

• twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    i smoke with my son most of the time.occasionally i like going out on the patio at night to smoke alone.time to reflect on the day think things over so a little bit of both i guess depending on ym mood..
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 826
    since 99% is alone i guess alone. but i do enjoy company as it is usally around hunting camp or something similiar.
  • OldBlueEyes2012OldBlueEyes2012 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    twistedstem:
    i smoke with my son most of the time.occasionally i like going out on the patio at night to smoke alone.time to reflect on the day think things over so a little bit of both i guess depending on ym mood..
    that's nice to hear that you're spending time with your son. And also that he likes to smoke. Not a lot of kids do lol
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    I am usually smoke alone unless girlfriend comes out to talk to me.. I find it nice and calming and relaxing just get lost in the cigar.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Both it depends what I'm doing lol I smoke faster when alone so I'd rather smoke with someone around
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 260
    Much like drinking and sex, I believe it is a lot more enjoyable to do with someone else.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    I smoke most of the time by myself. Usually I sit on my porch and watch a movie, it's relaxing and my time away,l I do enjoy company but only know a few people that like cigars and am close friends with one of them. Cigar Fest gives me a chance to hang out with this person and many others so that is nice.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    I like the idea of smoking with company, but it can't always be arranged. Sometimes, my wife will visit with me while I smoke, but she doesn't really care for the smell. Some of the best conversation time we get, though.

Since I'm a noob at this, I spend my alone time with a cigar jotting down notes about what I like and don't like. Honestly I enjoy that, but if I've had the cigar before I also enjoy just sitting back and relaxing. Maybe spending some time in reflection, prayer, reading, etc. Sometimes I just like watching the smoke curl around itself as it rises.

In other words, it's all good.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Best smoke is puttering round the garage, hard cider on the tool bench, forum on the laptop, MMA on the garage toob, hands full of steel, head full of motorcycle. Can't beat it.

• raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Generally, I only smoke alone, since I only smoke one a week during a lunch break and generally take a walk whilst doing so. Every now and then the guy I'm renting my office from smokes with me, but that's usually less than once a month.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    im happy with both for very different reasons
    yes but sometimes.....
    JHewey:
    I am usually smoke alone unless girlfriend comes out to talk to me.. I find it nice and calming and relaxing just get lost in the cigar.
    sometimes the wife will come out and sit with me.occasionally she will lite acao flavour or oliveros lady finger if shes in the right mood.
    biodarwin:
    Much like drinking and sex, I believe it is a lot more enjoyable to do with someone else.
    yes but sometimes.....
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    99 percent of the time I'm by myself hopefully that's a thing that changes this year
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I smoke a lot by myself because it is time to zone out and relax. Also, I smoke while fishing and golfing. I do tend to smoke faster by myself and slower with company. I don't have a B&M too close to home nor do I have any friends that like to smoke locally. I think my neighbor is getting interested in cigars though.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    I usually smoke alone which I enjoy but I would rather smoke with company.
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Depends on the company. When I do smoke alone I know the company will be good.
  • OldBlueEyes2012OldBlueEyes2012 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Great to hear the feedback from everybody. I agree though, I smoke much faster alone.
  • yleekyotyleekyot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 19
    I smoke alone. Occaisionly my wife will join me in conversation while smoking, which makes for a better relationship because we are communicating our thoughts to each other. I also enjoy a good scotch or rum while smoking, imo, one of my "good" cigars which are all good cuz I bought them. However, having company is not a bad thing either. But I, like others, do not know that many cigar smokers in the area. Unless of course I travel to the closest cigar lounge. And that is why I smoke alone, to gather my thoughts on the day and for the future and I can't leave out the good scotch or rum to help with those thoughts.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    gripnrip:
    +1
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Yeah I would live to smoke with others, but usually it's by myself unless father in law is here.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    I tend to smoke alone, while doing so I tend to either plan my day (morning with coffee) or reflect of day (Turkey or Beer). If my wife comes out, I know my time to reflect is over... because the honey-dews start then.
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    Half the time I'm by myself when I smoke. It gets kind of boring when your by yourself. I smoke with my best friend the other half.
  • Sweetleaf69Sweetleaf69 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    Always with good company. I am usually alone and don't really mind it at all, but preference dictates company...
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I smoke alone, yeah
    With nobody else
    I smoke alone, yeah
    With nobody else
    You know when I smoke alone
    I prefer to be by myself

Every morning just after breakfast
    I don't want no coffee or tea
    Just me and a good ole habano
    That's all I ever need
    'Cause I smoke alone, yeah
    With nobody else
    Yeah, you know when I smoke alone
    I prefer to be by myself
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    No smoking buddies or family so solo. Enjoy my own company more than most so it's good.
  • ammodorsammodors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    Sweetleaf69:
    Always with good company. I am usually alone and don't really mind it at all, but preference dictates company...
    same here. nothing beats a good smoke and drink with friends
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    In the morning by myself, in the afternoon sometimes with a friend and sometimes by myself, and in the evening it is usually with a good friend. I must admit I find the morning smoke most enjoyable.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    gripnrip:
    Gripnrip, Where at in Billings?
    Some of my family is in Billings.
    I lived on King Ave for a little bit when I played baseball in Billings.