Home General Discussion

What's gonna be your 4th of July smoke?

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
For me...it's gonna be a CAO America! hope it's a good smoke, anyone had one yet?

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    I got one in the Humi but havent smoked it yet, but my brother and father are coming up and i have 3 RP Decade Toros i've been holding onto for a while :)
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I have four different CAO America's so that I can smoke through the day; I'm particularly excited to have the reversed perfecto and the box-press.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    So far I haven't had a CAO that I didn't like, but have yet to try the America.
    I'm lighting Gurkha's, probably a Centurian and/or maybe the Titan. Either way, both have been in my humi for over a year.
  • blustar4lifeblustar4life Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 36
    I will probably do a CAO America. I've never had one, and figure since it's Independence Day for us, why not. But if not an america, i'll probably pull out something from RP.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I think I'm going to have a Monte #2 that's been on the back burner for well over a year now.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Jetmech_63:
    I got one in the Humi but havent smoked it yet, but my brother and father are coming up and i have 3 RP Decade Toros i've been holding onto for a while :)
    good choice, I've had a couple of Decades and I was very pleased. Hope you enjoy them!
    blustar4life:
    I will probably do a CAO America. I've never had one, and figure since it's Independence Day for us, why not. But if not an america, i'll probably pull out something from RP.
    Good deal, I'll definitley be smoking a RP too over the weekend. Maybe a Decade or OWR. Can't wait to try the America though!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I also have a CAO America set aside, but this will also be my best friend and my last time hanging out for quite a while, so I have two La Aurora Preferidos Connies and two Opus X Perfection #4s set aside as well.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    nightmaremike31:
    So far I haven't had a CAO that I didn't like, but have yet to try the America.
    I'm lighting Gurkha's, probably a Centurian and/or maybe the Titan. Either way, both have been in my humi for over a year.
    Oddly enough, the CAO America is the only CAO that I have had which I didn't like! I hope it was a dud though as I may try another one soon enough. For the fourth I may have my Sol Cubano Artisian.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I'm not sure what I'll have for my 4th of July smoke... Possibly a Padron 1926 Maduro... not sure yet...
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    I'll probably have a MOW Ruination, a Gurkha Legend, a Nording, or an Ashton Cabinet...

Ah hell, l might as well just light them all up, make it an all day event.
  • forgetfulrobotforgetfulrobot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 40
    As soon as I saw this thread I wondered how many were going to say CAO America. I too will be enjoying the CAO America Bottle Rocket that's been sitting in my humidor for this very day.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I plan on smoking brisket, pork, and a CAO America. Probably will smoke a Padron 1964 churchill this weekend too
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I will not be smoking a CAO America, not anything CAO for that matter. Don't know just yet if I'll even smoke anything, but I've got a Partagas Lusitania that is looking mighty fine.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Trying to figure out whether I want to burn a Oliva Serie V Maduro (6 months), Gurhka Black Dragon, Padilla Obsidian (1 year on it) or a Montecristo Media Noche. No CAO Americas for me.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Most probably a Sol Cubano Artisan Soloman. It's got nice stripes. Got to wait until afternoon to light up, I'm working a table at a TEA party in the morning.
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    As much as this may insight a riot; I'm going with a Gurkha Ancient Warrior on the 4th as soon as I get home from work! ~ Rob
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I'm also going to try out the Artisan, but I am going have an RP 1990 outside with me as back up.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Garen B:
    Trying to figure out whether I want to burn a Oliva Serie V Maduro (6 months), Gurhka Black Dragon, Padilla Obsidian (1 year on it) or a Montecristo Media Noche. No CAO Americas for me.
    If you're looking to enjoy it, I'd skip the Black Dragon... wasn't impressed at all. The Oliva and Monte are both excellent though... just my opinion, which ain't worth much! haha
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Sorry for the slight de-railment, but I have a question

I have a CAO America and it's been sitting for 11 months now... the bad part is that I wanted to smoke this on July 4th and I just noticed that it had 2 small holes from cigar beetles on it. Now I did freeze the gar in two plastic bags, and slowly brought it back to room temp, and I've checked my other 'gars and none have any holes.

Now the question is, has anyone smoked a cigar after it had holes? I know I might be smoking beetle carcass, but are the whole insides just dust? or is just the two tunnels probably in the cigar?

This is the first cigar that my girlfriend bought me and I'd hate to throw it out....
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    j0z3r...What ever you smoke I'm sure you'll hate it!! jk
    JZ:
    Dunno..I've got this Grape Swisher staring back at me.....:)
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    j0z3r:
    JZ:
    Fill it with Weed and then go see the fireworks... you'll definitely get more out of your day!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    JZ:
    Fill it with Weed and then go see the fireworks... you'll definitely get more out of your day!

Fill it with the right weed and you won't need to go see the fireworks ...they will come to you ...err or so i've heard ... ;)
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Hoping to have a MOW Ruination c/o Cholmes.
    j0z3r:
    I will not be smoking a CAO America, not anything CAO for that matter. Don't know just yet if I'll even smoke anything, but I've got a Partagas Lusitania that is looking mighty fine.
    Just go ahead and admit it, we all know you are smoking some puros Indios!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    JZ:

Fill it with the right weed and you won't need to go see the fireworks ...they will come to you ...err or so i've heard ... ;)
    Fill it with the really right weed, and you won't be capable or have the need to go see the fireworks...They will just appear in front of you wherever "in front" happens to be at the time, lol...

Oh, and my 4th smokes will be a Graycliff 1666, Aston VSG, Gurkha Titan and TitanII, and a God of fire. I might squeeze in a couple more, but so far those are the ones on the "for sure" list
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Liberty 02 for me.
    Krieg:
    j0z3r:
    Just go ahead and admit it, we all know you are smoking some puros Indios!
    Truth be told, I smoked a PI cigar a couple weeks ago and was really disappointed with it, it was just kinda "eh". I never claimed they were the best cigars, but maybe I'm not willing to stick to my claim that they are totally decent cigars anymore.
  • thizzcorethizzcore Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    lol weed doesnt make you hallucinate guys.. then again im from northern california and have a huge tolerance. my gf made me roll a blunt wrap last night yuck spit gross..

but my 4th of july smoke will be either a nub conneticut or a el mejor emerald. or maybe both.