Home General Discussion

What's gonna be your 4th of July smoke?

Comments

• dew0150dew0150 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4
    Got a Romeo Y Julieta 1875. It'll be my first so I'm curious to see what it's like.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Alright. I'm going to plan on three at my girlfriend's parent's party. I'm thinking three CAO Americas. And maybe a RP Decade on the way home if I'm not smoked out.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Jesus man...Three CAO Americas? Good luck to you on that one.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Although I can't think of a more american cigar to smoke on the 4th, the 2 CAO Americas I've had were both kinda bland to me. I might have to try another, but let it sit in the humi for a while first, just to see if that helps any.
    You can't think of a more American cigar than one that's made in Honduras? Sorry, couldn't help that one. How about a Tatuaje Miami that is actually made here in the USA down in Florida? I might just smoke one of those now that I think about it.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    j0z3r:
    You can't think of a more American cigar than one that's made in Honduras? Sorry, couldn't help that one. How about a Tatuaje Miami that is actually made here in the USA down in Florida? I might just smoke one of those now that I think about it.
    Just had a Tat Miami Especiale....all I can say is I love America and my freedom. Happy 4th of a July.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    j0z3r:
    LOL! Good observation. However, the colors on the band are red, white and blue, hehe..

I bought a CAO America hat at the local B&M a few weeks ago. Gonna wear it all day tomorrow (well, technically later today since we're splittin' hairs here). The label says it's made in China, though....
  • thizzcorethizzcore Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    what no cubans guys?lol i kid i kiid
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    j0z3r:
    I will not be smoking a CAO America, not anything CAO for that matter. Don't know just yet if I'll even smoke anything, but I've got a Partagas Lusitania that is looking mighty fine.
    Just go ahead and admit it, we all know you are smoking some puros Indios!
    Truth be told, I smoked a PI cigar a couple weeks ago and was really disappointed with it, it was just kinda "eh". I never claimed they were the best cigars, but maybe I'm not willing to stick to my claim that they are totally decent cigars anymore.
    J0z3r you have finally seen the light! Welcome back my friend I got a little worried there for awhile ;)
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I'm going to do a Punch. Seeing they are doing the tax break promotion, I thought it was appropriate. Have a Happy Fourth everyone, enjoy!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    fourth of july smoke....

sadly i will not be taking part in that one.

i picked up ALL DAY (noon to 2 AM) so that some of my buddies at work could take their kids to fireworks and have BBQs.

family first in my kitchen.

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Thats really cool of you Kuz. I am working today, but I get off at 5pm so I will still have time to grill up some food and take the wife and son to see some fireworks. I'm amazed how much a 1 year old will stayed focused on fireworks! He is damn sure my kid. Loves to see stuff blow up!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    j0z3r . there may be hope for you yet!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Smoking an Ashton cabinet as I write this. Pretty good stick so far, stil in first inch and a half
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    cholmes8310:
    Smoking an Ashton cabinet as I write this. Pretty good stick so far, stil in first inch and a half
    just finished the Ashton. It was ok. Kind of a one trick pony in my opinion, and had constant burn problems. Kept canoeing on me. Now I'm about to light up one of my precious Ruinations.
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    I picked up a CAO America single several months ago and have had it resting for the 4th. Unfortunately, it has rained all day and was still sprinkling this evening. We did get a chance to light a few fireworks for our little one and had a Sol Cubano Connecticut which was more used to light fireworks than it was as a smoke.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and we're planning to grill out with some friends. The CAO America is on the agenda.
  • Marshallrocks80Marshallrocks80 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    Hey guys! I've been gone for a while but now I'm back! I decided to break out the Gurkha black dragon I've had resting in my humi for 3 months while I'm watching the fireworks. One fantastic smoke, this is!
    Settle on a Padron 1964 Imperial habano for my 4th smoke. Not a bad cigar to accompany some fireworks if I do say so.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Started out with a CAO America box-press, good stick with solid flavor. Had dinner, desert, then sat in the pool smoking a CAO America... the eff if I know which vitola. It was like a long belicoso. GREAT smoke, that one. Didn't get to my third CAO America, since I got a flat tire, and all this other sheet happened. Ah well, for tomorrow.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    To mourn my Sticks in the Freezer I went all out and got a Davidoff Puro Dominicano... Excellent flavor for my Second Davidoff, but a little disappointing that it didn't hold up to well with the wind being fresh from the Cigar shop...

Too bad the Cigar shop had other cigars thought... I got stuck buying some Aroma De Cuba, Aurora 100 Anos, NUB Maduro, and Cusano Habano LXI Sungrown... Darn Cigar shop guy nearly twisted my ARM!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kuzi16:
    fourth of july smoke....

i picked up ALL DAY (noon to 2 AM) so that some of my buddies at work could take their kids to fireworks and have BBQs.

longest. weekend. ever.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    fourth of july smoke....

longest. weekend. ever.
    Yet Noble!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I picked a Don DIego Playboy. Not my first choice but I knew that I wouldn't be able to dedicate the needed time to smoking so I chose something that I didn't care if I finished or not. The cigar wasn't bad but not that strong. I think my palette is changing. I'm learning toward stronger cigars or maybe my taste is changing. The 858 I had on Friday wasn't as good. I used to love these.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316

I don't know what the heck happened, I was having a nice long weekend smoking a variety of things.  Sunday I had a Cussano 18, which is one of my favorites...and it hit me like a ton of bricks out of the blue.  I felt like I had a terrible hang over, and I no longer drink, just nasty.

I was out walking around in the empty field next door scavaging for rocks while smoking.  I think I must have just sucked it down too fast, or chewed on the end too much or something?

Not a pleasent experience.

• brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    I finally was able to sit down and enjoy the America that was to be my 4th of July smoke. It was the first one I've had and after all the waiting and hype my impression is "meh." It had a rather tight draw and flavors were so-so. I was not impressed at all.
  • bigj51bigj51 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Man of War w/ some Gewurztraminer
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    brc81:
    I finally was able to sit down and enjoy the America that was to be my 4th of July smoke. It was the first one I've had and after all the waiting and hype my impression is "meh." It had a rather tight draw and flavors were so-so. I was not impressed at all.
    That was kind of my experience with it too. While I'm not very well experienced with cigars, the CAO America that I had was flat the whole way through....kind of a shame. On the 4th I did enjoy a Sol Cubano Artisan while my friend had one of my Padilla Habano. They both were very enjoyable smokes. This may sound different, but I tasted some vanilla in the Artisan....very unique.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I also had my CAO America, I have to say it was alot milder than I expected it to be. But it was enjoyable for the most part except the burn issues I had with it. I also smoked a Padron 64 maduro. Great cigar! However, I don't think it's worth the $16 I paid for it. The wrappers on both cigars were great, especially the Padron, flawless.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:
    I picked a Don DIego Playboy. Not my first choice but I knew that I wouldn't be able to dedicate the needed time to smoking so I chose something that I didn't care if I finished or not. The cigar wasn't bad but not that strong. I think my palette is changing. I'm learning toward stronger cigars or maybe my taste is changing. The 858 I had on Friday wasn't as good. I used to love these.
    about time, lol. and yet you like opus X's....
    I didn't smoke anything, but I was thinking about it, I need to find people who enjoy smoking cigars as much as I do as close friends, It sucks. I do like the CAO america, I haven't had any other size than the landmark and robusto, and though I have them I have not smoked them, the gift or special 4 pack that has some very odd shapes, thanks to a fellow botl on here, sorry if I forgot who.... =(

I have been wanting to crack open another gurkha royal salute or platinum though. I just can't seem to find the time to sit back and enjoy a cigar. Like I said before, I need to meet some local cigar smokers....
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    about time, lol. and yet you like opus X's....
    I didn't smoke anything, but I was thinking about it, I need to find people who enjoy smoking cigars as much as I do as close friends, It sucks. I do like the CAO america, I haven't had any other size than the landmark and robusto, and though I have them I have not smoked them, the gift or special 4 pack that has some very odd shapes, thanks to a fellow botl on here, sorry if I forgot who.... =(

I have been wanting to crack open another gurkha royal salute or platinum though. I just can't seem to find the time to sit back and enjoy a cigar. Like I said before, I need to meet some local cigar smokers....
    I'm not a fan of the OpusX. Too strong for me! I have a few that have been aging since 2004 - 2005 so I may try again. Plus, I got some last year too. We'll see how they age.