Home General Discussion

A Request to Our Customers

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
Guys,

This is the first time I have put an open request on our forum, but this is something that means a lot to me so I want to enlist your help. This weekend, for Independence Day Weekend Blitz, we are doing something special. We are offering up our usual crazy deal (I think this weekend is $144 Value for $49.95) but Cigar.com will be donating $10 for every sampler sold to the Second Ranger Battalion Assistance Foundation (www.assistrangers.org). Many of my friends fought in with the 2nd Ranger Battalion in the middle east so this foundation holds personal significance (my best friend growing up served as a Captain). As such, I really want to make this weekends deal a huge hit and make a big impact. If you could post the deal on any other fourms you associate with and if you have been waiting for a deal to support, buy one yourselves it would mean a great deal to me and all of us over at Cigar.com Our men and women fighting over seas for the freedoms we so much enjoy are so important, giving back this weekend is the only thing that has been on my brain the last few days. Anyway, your support is always appreciated. This is the first time we are doing something like this.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Alex Svenson:
    Guys,

This is the first time I have put an open request on our forum, but this is something that means a lot to me so I want to enlist your help. This weekend, for Independence Day Weekend Blitz, we are doing something special. We are offering up our usual crazy deal (I think this weekend is $144 Value for $49.95) but Cigar.com will be donating $10 for every sampler sold to the Second Ranger Battalion Assistance Foundation (www.assistrangers.org). Many of my friends fought in with the 2nd Ranger Battalion in the middle east so this foundation holds personal significance (my best friend growing up served as a Captain). As such, I really want to make this weekends deal a huge hit and make a big impact. If you could post the deal on any other fourms you associate with and if you have been waiting for a deal to support, buy one yourselves it would mean a great deal to me and all of us over at Cigar.com Our men and women fighting over seas for the freedoms we so much enjoy are so important, giving back this weekend is the only thing that has been on my brain the last few days. Anyway, your support is always appreciated. This is the first time we are doing something like this.

Done and DONE!
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    Sounds good to me. Help the troops and get cigars? Not a bad deal.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I think many will be happy to support the site, and your cause. I'm going to see if I can get everyone working on our cigar blog to buy one, and do panel reviews of whatever it is that's included. Another big ups to ccom for doing something awesome like this.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Sounds good, will do! When does the deal go live?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Where is the deal? I can't seem to find it on the site...
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    i think its coming out on Thursday 9am easternish
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Any word on what the deal is gonna be yet??? I'm impatient!
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Krieg:
    Any word on what the deal is gonna be yet??? I'm impatient!
    its a weekend blitz deal, they come out on Thursday morning..
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Deal will go live tgursday. 12 cigars, 3 each of Gurkha centurian, rocky patel decade, man o war ruination and oliva Connecticut reserve (white label). $144 value. 49.95 price and $10 for each one donated.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Alex Svenson:
    Deal will go live tgursday. 12 cigars, 3 each of Gurkha centurian, rocky patel decade, man o war ruination and oliva Connecticut reserve (white label). $144 value. 49.95 price and $10 for each one donated.
    nice deal...I'm impressed
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I'll take 2 or 3 of those.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Sounds good to me ...
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Absolutely fantastic; great deal and GREAT cause, thanks Alex and ccom. Customer for LIFE! ~ Rob
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Sounds good, I think I'll get in on that!
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
    You oughta see if you can speed up the link so we can buy and *hopefully* smoke by Saturday :-p I'm down for that deal though! Man oh man
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    That's a generous deal. I'll be putting in my order and telling everyone I can think of. Thanks Ccom!
    Alex Svenson:
    That sounds great, I will be getting at least one.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I just passed this along to some friends on Facebook.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Ordered mine plus I got a custom sampler and a few RP Summer 08. Can't wait! Some friends say they are going to call in soon. I hope they do.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I picked this one up.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I hope there are enough left for me to order one tomorrow!
    rwheelwright:
    Ordered mine plus I got a custom sampler and a few RP Summer 08. Can't wait! Some friends say they are going to call in soon. I hope they do.
    Where did you find it? Is it on the site or do you have to call in for it?
  • rmccloudrmccloud Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 160
    alienmisprint:
    rwheelwright:
    Where did you find it? Is it on the site or do you have to call in for it?

It is on the home page, right under the changing picture. It is title Weekend Blitz or something like that.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    We truly have the best customers on the planet.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Alex Svenson:
    We truly have the best customers on the planet.
    It certainly helps that you guys are throwing insane deals at us constantly. I like your cause Alex, and even though I'm maxed out on space, I bought one of the specials simply because it is going to a good cause. Keep up the good work.
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
    Bought mine! PSYCHED!
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 207
    I went to order and the price for me said $129.60. Is it possible that as a cotm member it's giving me 10% off the list, instead of just the blitz price? Shows the $129.60 in the cart, too. Any ideas, other than waiting until ordering hours and calling?
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    betasynn:
    I hope there are enough left for me to order one tomorrow!
    Still in stock; just ordered mine at 8:15 PM Pacific time and was good to go supposed to ship out tommorow. I am pumped really want to give the MOW Rumination a go. Thanks Alex, great deal and great cause. ~ Rob
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    brsmith21:
    I went to order and the price for me said $129.60. Is it possible that as a cotm member it's giving me 10% off the list, instead of just the blitz price? Shows the $129.60 in the cart, too. Any ideas, other than waiting until ordering hours and calling?
    running into the same problem here...I'll wait to email tim tomorrow.